Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/7/2001 9:30:03 PM EDT
I was looking at the Wilson CQB 1911; and was very impressed with it's workmanship and tolerances. Does any one know anything about them? Good or Bad ...

Also you 50 guys is the Barrett 99 a good entry 50 cal ? I have read one report (NRA) giving a great review. What's the talk.

Both of the above are on my hit list. So I would appreciate any insight. Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 9:42:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Barrett?  Buy it.  I have shot the M82A1 (being a southpaw, it's the only one I can shoot effectively) and I am MUCH impressed with it as a rifle!  

I have no argument with Wilson Custom Shop work - I have had occasion to play with it from time to time.  However, I prefer the 1911/1991 striaght out of the box, for daily carry.  A few low-buck mods and some polish work, and I have a solid, accurate pistol that I'm not afraid of its getting knackered about in daily use.  I think in that direction with ALL my firearms - nothing I have is IPSC/Comp/IPPA/Whatever high level, but it WORKS EVERY TIME!

FFZ
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 9:47:29 PM EDT
[#2]
The Wilson 1911 pistols are good.  I shot one of them.  A real track driver.  The Barrett rifles are mean.  At least, I think they are lighter than the AR-50.
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 12:03:00 AM EDT
[#3]
the wilson 1911 is a good gun, but i think you pay a few hundred bucks more just for the "Wilson" name

i agree with FreeFire Zone, get a basic colt 1991 for $500, out of the box a good gun, want more thrills and frills you can take it to a good gunsmith and put $200-300 into it and make it better than a kimber for the same cost, or put in $1000 and make it as good as a Wilson

for my 1911 -- i bought a caspian frame, went to a gun show and bought a good colt slide and barrel, and colt misc parts, total cost around $400-500, took it to Kings gun works, $200 worth of Kings parts and gunsmithing turned a gunshow parts gun into a real tack driver.
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 2:07:49 AM EDT
[#4]
what feefire and la said about 1911
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top