Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/3/2006 8:12:32 AM EDT
The commander is asking the troop to come up with a mascot design and name that we can put on T-shirts etc... while we conduct combative training, fun runs, things like that but we're "A" Troop or Alpha and nothing cool starts with A.

We're Cavalry and a part of the 29th ID which has the Ying Yang (The Blue and the Gray) patch so a cool tribal 69 with maybe a claw scratch through it may be a start but what animal is tough and mean that starts with an A????? Ant Eaters? Armadillos? Anacondas? They all suck!!

The only requirements are:

Starts with an "A" and can be anything (animal vegtable, mineral)

Can be only one or two words.

Apaches
Alpha Dogs

HELP !!!!
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 8:15:05 AM EDT
[#1]
"but we're "A" Troop or Alpha and nothing cool starts with A."

Oh yeah?

Call yourself "Asshole troop" and every other troop will wish they could be part of it!

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 8:21:41 AM EDT
[#2]
one of our batteries had to change names but
ASSASSINs
starts with an A
as does Avalanche
but personally, I like Alpha Males since you are CAV
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 8:59:08 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
"but we're "A" Troop or Alpha and nothing cool starts with A."

Oh yeah?

Call yourself "Asshole troop" and every other troop will wish they could be part of it!

Wow, that's funny.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 9:11:56 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm sick to the back teeth of American companies giving themselves flashy names like "Assassin, Apache, Bulldog, Cowboy" etc. How many Bulldog Companies are in the bloody Army?

I know I'm not alone. My platoon chose the name Danger Bunnies. We ran into Battle Penguins in Mosul.

How about having a look at mythology or history? There's got to be some uber-cool Roman or Greek or Celtic warrior or warrior tribe beginning with "A". We had a "Cuchullain" tank in our C Company, you can have a frothing Celtic guy swinging a battleaxe on your T-Shirt.

Amazon company would allow you to have a buxom, scantily clad female wielding weaponry on your T-Shirt, but it would probably fail the PC test, and I'm not sure how the men in the company would take being referred to as Amazons. I'm sure the women would love it.

Plenty of old British warships beginning with "A", they tend to pick aggressive names, at least, until they started naming the things for places.

Might want to look around for mythological creatures beginning with A as well.

NTM
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 9:14:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Aardvark
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 9:18:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 9:22:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Call yourselves Timberwolf six.....

Max
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 9:22:39 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Aardvark

I like it.

The Armored Aardvarks.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 9:22:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Alasaurus?

Antelopes...

Aliens

Areolas

The ARFCOMMERS!!!

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 9:23:37 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Aardvark

I like it.

The Armored Aardvarks.

Armadillo has armor too.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 9:26:11 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 9:29:19 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
alright, stop, you are killing me.
The only A name worth a fuck is "Avengers"
Stop with the aardvark and armadillo.  

Oh come on.  Who wouldn't be afraid of this?

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 9:32:59 AM EDT
[#13]
@ Danger Bunnies.

Alligators

I was in Alpha company once. We were the Gators. AlphaGators. Hah hah. Our mascot was a cartoon gator in OG107s.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 9:37:36 AM EDT
[#14]
ANT EATERS

ANKLE GRABBERS

ANAL RANGERS

ANGLES OF THE 29TH

ARTSY FARTSY

ARGONAUGHTS
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 9:40:30 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
The ARFCOMMERS!!!

Damn!  took mine!
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 9:44:06 AM EDT
[#16]
ASS MONKIES
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 9:44:14 AM EDT
[#17]
Apes

Aces

Not much else I can think of that could make for better t-shirts that start with A.  Just avoid names you have to explain and ANYTHING greek (you don't want anything with potential homosexual references being used as a unit name - ever).
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 9:45:21 AM EDT
[#18]
Anaconda, Ares, Aztec, Aesir, Attila the Hun, Arquebus, Atom Ant, Angry Animals. . .
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 9:45:50 AM EDT
[#19]
Angels of Death?  You could have a cool bloody sword wielding angel with no mercy on your shirt.  Everyone would be absolutely mortified.

I would say Almighty Lumberjacks of Death but that one's already taken.

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 9:47:38 AM EDT
[#20]
Angels of Death is good, what about Avenging Angels?
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 9:48:09 AM EDT
[#21]
Had the same problem, eventually my former company dropped the A requirement and went with Roughnecks.

Sounds great, and all was well until we got over here (I am with B company now) and a bunch of folks on the same net who don't know what the callsign is supposed to be hear it and keep replying to Redneck-6. Of course the rest of the battalion has now joined in with it once it was heard once................
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 9:50:28 AM EDT
[#22]
Apocolypse
Aligators
Assassins
Arapahoe
Angry Angels
Acadians (the rock in Scorpion King was supposed to be the 'last living' acadian)
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 10:12:24 AM EDT
[#23]
how about just "animals". "alpha animals on the way!"

i DO like "aardvarks" though...
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 10:19:02 AM EDT
[#24]
I had the same issue when I was the 1SG in A Btry 5/3 FA. We elected to go outside the box and picked "Ghostriders". I was also a Ghostrider when I was in A Btry 38th FA in Korea.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 10:22:07 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
ANT EATERS

ANKLE GRABBERS

ANAL RANGERS

ANGLES OF THE 29TH

ARTSY FARTSY

ARGONAUGHTS

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 10:25:39 AM EDT
[#26]
Asshats
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 10:30:35 AM EDT
[#27]
I agree about there being too many high speed kill'em all names out there too, but 18-20 guys like that shit. I'd prefer a smart historical meaning name too but it's hard as hell to find something appropriate.

So far I like:
Ankle Bitters
Aggressors
Aardvarks (picture of one clawing and busting thru the 29th)
Angry Beavers
Ace's has a lot of potential (picture of a playing card with Skull wearing a patrol cap or stetson) w/ M4's or sabers crossed)

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 11:16:32 AM EDT
[#28]
How 'bout "Accipiters" which are birds of prey that belong to the hawk family? www.peregrinefund.org/Explore_Raptors/hawks/accipter.html

Link Posted: 2/3/2006 12:55:08 PM EDT
[#29]
Avian flu
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 4:36:20 PM EDT
[#30]
Affiliated Assassins
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top