Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/3/2006 12:08:01 AM EDT
I'm loving my new Cast Iron Skillet, but I'm running out of ideas on what to make on it besides burgers, bacon and really good steak...

So, does anyone here have any manly cast iron skillet recipes?
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 12:10:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 12:12:56 AM EDT
[#2]
insert that smiley face guy who is rolling on the floor laughing...
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 12:25:01 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Try here!

Ha

Of course I can get recepies from Google all day long. I wanted to know what some of the members here thought were GOOD recepies.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 6:27:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Cornbread baked in a cast iron skillet is the shiznit-perfectly browned side and bottom crust!
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 6:28:20 AM EDT
[#5]
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=450036

Been there, done that, got the . . . recipes!
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 6:30:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Cornbread, biscuits, pancakes, pan fried chicken, etc.  Just about anything you can cook is better in a cast iron pan.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 6:31:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Uh,that's all we have so EVERYTHING!
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 6:58:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Fried Potatos and Onions
You need-
Butter
Spatula
Salt and Pepper
Potatos and Onions (whoda' thought?)
Cast Iron Skillet (preferebly seasoned and well-used)

Slice Potatos into 3/8" slices. Slice onions a little thinner. Fry Potatos in butter, almost until they are done. Add sliced Onions. and cook until Potatos are soft and cut easily with a spatula. Salt and Pepper to taste. To eat as a breakfast, throw in some ham or bacon, and crack a couple eggs into the skillet along with the potatos and onions.
For dinner, it goes great with just about any kind of meat. I prefer it with a Ham steak or fried Fish.

Each time you try it, vary it a little to see what you like. Sometimes, I like to use sweet onions, and let them cook down to mush. Sometimes I like the potatos without the skins, but not usually.
Good Luck.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top