Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 1/19/2013 10:42:49 AM EDT
YHM lower with CMMG LPK.... Bushmaster flat top upper (NON-M4 RAMP) with 14.5" 1/9 twist, chrome lined barrel, and permanently attached Phantom flash hider.... Daniel Defense Omega rail.... Mil-spec buffer tube with MagPul STR buttstock... Magpul MOE pistol grip... BCM Gunfighter charging handle.

Trade for Vector V-93 with paddle mag release???

Both rifles in like new condition (V-93 might be brand new, not sure)

What says the hive mind?
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 10:45:07 AM EDT
I'd do it if the 93 came with mags and accesories.

I have the HK91 w/ the paddle release, trigger job, all the accesories.... it would be expensive to put that package together... ar's will be easy to replace
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 10:48:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/19/2013 10:50:04 AM EDT by gonzo_beyondo]
What do you have into your AR?

Cash-wise, you might come out on the short end. I'm really not sure.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_9/351653_Vector_Arms_V93_rifle___these_any_good.html

eta: I guess it would be really close to equal value?

I'd take the Vector as I agree, the AR would be easy enough to replace.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 10:48:40 AM EDT
Originally Posted By ChopperBob:
I'd do it if the 93 came with mags and accesories.

I have the HK91 w/ the paddle release, trigger job, all the accesories.... it would be expensive to put that package together... ar's will be easy to replace

93 comes with 1 magazine... I also have two 40 rounders laying around at my house.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 10:50:14 AM EDT
How are you on HK 93 mags? How readily available are they and what are they going for?
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 10:50:23 AM EDT
Ehhh, I'd make him throw 100 bucks in with the 93 since it only has 1 magazine.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 10:52:04 AM EDT
I have a bunch of ARs, and the one I am considering trading is my #2 gun... I'm very hesitant about letting go of guns that I own for some reason, though.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 11:15:47 AM EDT
yeah, any of the exotics are like Valmets... you get one mag & it kind of sucks. Start getting five mags or so and it's still an issue, but maybe five is enough for a light shooter (not IPSC 3 gun & stepping on mags in sand)... and I guess it is vector and not HK... for my HK, the paddle mag release is a nice premium. not sure about the vectors

ask him if he'd give you an M1A instead, maybe
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 11:25:32 AM EDT
Originally Posted By ChopperBob:
yeah, any of the exotics are like Valmets... you get one mag & it kind of sucks. Start getting five mags or so and it's still an issue, but maybe five is enough for a light shooter (not IPSC 3 gun & stepping on mags in sand)... and I guess it is vector and not HK... for my HK, the paddle mag release is a nice premium. not sure about the vectors

ask him if he'd give you an M1A instead, maybe

I already have a mint, late 80's vintage M1A
I'm considering this, because I don't have a G33 style rifle in my collection.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 3:15:55 PM EDT
I would do it but negotiate on the fact that there's only one mag.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 3:18:41 PM EDT
If you have a "bunch" of AR's and you want the other rifle,
I say go for it.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 3:22:00 PM EDT
I have a V53 SBR and while I love it, the trigger pull and overall quality are on a different, lower level than any metal AR. Shoots different too obviously. It'll never replace the AR as far as ergonomics either. Nonetheless, fun gun.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 7:56:35 PM EDT
Bump for more opinions, from the night crew.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 8:06:18 PM EDT
They are nice BUT you give up mag compatibility, parts are more expensive and harder to find, and its not easy to put a red dot on. if it were me, I would pass till the panic dies down and then just pay cash and keep your AR.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 8:20:58 PM EDT
Vector makes nice stuff, and they stand behind it (now that the're open again).

I have one of the "good" Century C93s, and I love it - it feeds anything, is quite accurate, runs well dirty, and is plain fun to shoot. When I take it to the range, I always take the left-most shooting spot, 'cause it'll throw brass like nobody's business.

I'd make the trade.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 8:37:42 PM EDT
Thanks for the replies so far...
I will need to decide before noon, Sunday.

I fell I need to clarify:

I would not be trading my only AR for the V93. I have several ARs, and over 100 USGI magazines.
I am also not looking for the V93 to be my "go to, SHTF, zombie apocalypse, etc. etc." gun... So, magazine compatability is not an issue.

I COLLECT guns, and am considering adding a V93 to the collection.

What I am asking for opinions on, is if the AR, configured as in the OP would be a fair trade for the V93.
THE PRICE TAG on the V93 is $1400....(Which is obviously panic profit pricing) at a local gunshow.
If you were the dealer selling it, would you take the deal I am thinking about offering?

Thanks, again.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 2:07:07 PM EDT
After thinking long and hard... I went ahead and made the trade.

I'm happy with it.
I think the trade worked out pretty fair.
Top Top