Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/19/2013 10:42:49 AM EDT
YHM lower with CMMG LPK.... Bushmaster flat top upper (NON-M4 RAMP) with 14.5"  1/9 twist, chrome lined barrel, and permanently attached Phantom flash hider.... Daniel Defense Omega rail.... Mil-spec buffer tube with MagPul  STR buttstock... Magpul MOE pistol grip... BCM Gunfighter charging handle.

Trade for Vector V-93 with paddle mag release???

Both rifles in like new condition  (V-93 might be brand new, not sure)

What says the hive mind?
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 10:45:07 AM EDT
[#1]
I'd do it if the 93 came with mags and accesories.

I have the HK91 w/ the paddle release, trigger job, all the accesories....  it would be expensive to put that package together... ar's will be easy to replace
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 10:48:18 AM EDT
[#2]
What do you have into your AR?

Cash-wise, you might come out on the short end. I'm really not sure.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_9/351653_Vector_Arms_V93_rifle___these_any_good.html

eta: I guess it would be really close to equal value?

I'd take the Vector as I agree, the AR would be easy enough to replace.

Link Posted: 1/19/2013 10:48:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I'd do it if the 93 came with mags and accesories.

I have the HK91 w/ the paddle release, trigger job, all the accesories....  it would be expensive to put that package together... ar's will be easy to replace

93 comes with 1 magazine... I also have two 40 rounders laying around at my house.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 10:50:14 AM EDT
[#4]
How are you on HK 93 mags? How readily available are they and what are they going for?
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 10:50:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Ehhh, I'd make him throw 100 bucks in with the 93 since it only has 1 magazine.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 10:52:04 AM EDT
[#6]
I have a bunch of ARs, and the one I am considering trading is my #2 gun...  I'm very hesitant about letting go of guns that I own for some reason, though.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 11:15:47 AM EDT
[#7]
yeah, any of the exotics are like Valmets... you get one mag & it kind of sucks.    Start getting five mags or so and it's still an issue, but maybe five is enough for a light shooter (not IPSC 3 gun & stepping on mags in sand)...     and I guess it is vector and not HK...   for my HK, the paddle mag release is a nice premium.   not sure about the vectors

ask him if he'd give you an M1A instead, maybe  

Link Posted: 1/19/2013 11:25:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
yeah, any of the exotics are like Valmets... you get one mag & it kind of sucks.    Start getting five mags or so and it's still an issue, but maybe five is enough for a light shooter (not IPSC 3 gun & stepping on mags in sand)...     and I guess it is vector and not HK...   for my HK, the paddle mag release is a nice premium.   not sure about the vectors

ask him if he'd give you an M1A instead, maybe  

I already have a mint, late 80's vintage M1A
I'm considering this, because I don't have a G33 style rifle in my collection.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 3:15:55 PM EDT
[#9]
I would do it but negotiate on the fact that there's only one mag.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 3:18:41 PM EDT
[#10]
If you have a "bunch" of AR's and you want the other rifle,
I say go for it.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 3:22:00 PM EDT
[#11]
I have a V53 SBR and while I love it, the trigger pull and overall quality are on a different, lower level than any metal AR. Shoots different too obviously. It'll never replace the AR as far as ergonomics either. Nonetheless, fun gun.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 7:56:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Bump for more opinions, from the night crew.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 8:06:18 PM EDT
[#13]
They are nice BUT you give up mag compatibility, parts are more expensive and harder to find, and its not easy to put a red dot on.  if it were me, I would pass till the panic dies down and then just pay cash and keep your AR.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 8:20:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Vector makes nice stuff, and they stand behind it (now that the're open again).

I have one of the "good" Century C93s, and I love it - it feeds anything, is quite accurate, runs well dirty, and is plain fun to shoot. When I take it to the range, I always take the left-most shooting spot, 'cause it'll throw brass like nobody's business.

I'd make the trade.
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 8:37:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Thanks for the replies so far...
I will need to decide before noon, Sunday.

I fell I need to clarify:

I would not be trading my only AR for the V93.  I have several ARs, and over 100 USGI magazines.
I am also not looking for the V93 to be my "go to, SHTF, zombie apocalypse, etc. etc." gun... So, magazine compatability is not an issue.

I COLLECT guns, and am considering adding a V93 to the collection.

What I am asking for opinions on, is if the AR, configured as in the OP would be a fair trade for the V93.
THE PRICE TAG on the V93 is $1400....(Which is obviously panic profit pricing) at a local gunshow.
If you were the dealer selling it, would you take the deal I am thinking about offering?

Thanks, again.
Link Posted: 1/20/2013 2:07:07 PM EDT
[#16]
After thinking long and hard... I went ahead and made the trade.

I'm happy with it.
I think the trade worked out pretty fair.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top