Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/3/2003 3:15:50 PM EDT
Does anyone have a source for USMC MARPAT cammies? We only got issued one set of desert this weekend and I have a feeling that if we go to Iraq, thats all we'll be getting. Please IM a link or phone # to me.

And please don't be a dumbass and bring up this stupid debate again...
Link Posted: 2/3/2003 3:31:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/3/2003 3:32:16 PM EDT
[#2]
I MEF CG has already said that we are to wear tri-colors only, its even in the I MEF packing list.  Your not suppose wear your MCCUUs in SWA right now, all you can see around here is the non-division guys run around in them and everyone of them I ask, doesn't know that their not suppose to wear them.
Link Posted: 2/3/2003 3:37:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I MEF CG has already said that we are to wear tri-colors only, its even in the I MEF packing list.  Your not suppose wear your MCCUUs in SWA right now, all you can see around here is the non-division guys run around in them and everyone of them I ask, doesn't know that their not suppose to wear them.
View Quote

So if/when we go to the Mid East, we WONT be bringing the MARPAT stuff???

82ndAirBrn- I am in North Dakota, so there is not clothing sales where I can pick them up. Would have to order by phone or internet.
Link Posted: 2/3/2003 3:40:30 PM EDT
[#4]
When I talk to one of the Regimental Commanders out in I MarDiv about packing lists, his statement was "Digitals can be brought, but they are not to be worn."  he added "don't be seen in them"
Link Posted: 2/3/2003 3:47:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
When I talk to one of the Regimental Commanders out in I MarDiv about packing lists, his statement was "Digitals can be brought, but they are not to be worn."  he added "don't be seen in them"
View Quote
Thats strange. Why the hell would the Corps spend the time/money on them when they don't even plan on Marines wearing them in combat? WTF?
Link Posted: 2/3/2003 3:52:48 PM EDT
[#6]
It was a great idea to have every Marine required to own 2 sets of Desert MCCUUs, getting away from the royal pain in the ass getting the correct sizes from CTEP.  However, it was some poor planing, not enough of the MCCUUs in stock to replace the tri-colors in the system, also the realization that having a seperate pattern on the joint battle field isn't good.
Link Posted: 2/3/2003 4:13:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Oh well. I still think it's ridiculous. I guess it will be a little cheaper/easier to get the tri-colors then.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/8/2003 1:56:19 PM EDT
[#8]
There was just a revision sent out via Email, MCCUU are now authorized by I MEF for use in the CENTCOM AO.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 2:48:42 PM EDT
[#9]
IBTL
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top