Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/15/2004 9:42:52 AM EST
I am going to build an M4 flat-top on an 80% receiver.

I want to mount an Aimpoint up top, and need to decide whether to get a standard front sight or gas block. Does the front sight interfere with the sight picture thru the Aimpoint? Am I better off going with flip up BUIS front and back? I guess the only advantage of the fixed front sight is that it would save some money.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 9:56:21 AM EST
I'd go with an RASII, LMT BUIS and standard front sight. That should allow you to cowitness thru your aimpoint and put your aimpoint in the best position--and should take the reddot out of FOV of your backup sights.

You could also go with flip-ups front and back(ARMS #40) and a riser on your flattop(or not).

I don't have an AIMPOINT but that is what I know about their set up. Others can chime in obviously
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 10:01:56 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/15/2004 8:46:18 PM EST by Alien]
I put an RAS II on my M4gery and have since put on a 16" M4 barrel with an ARMS #40 BUIS. I plan to put an Aimpoint on the hump of the RAS II, which is the ideal place to mount it, using a LaRue low profile mount (which is perfect for that hump). I hope to finally purchase the Aimpoint and mount along with a CCG side sling adapter for the FF rail in another 3 weeks to complete my rifle.

Here's a picture of mine:
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 10:59:49 AM EST
I"ve got the Eotech on mine and I lowered the front site.The red dot sits in the center of the v just like a lolly pop.Works great if you want to consider the Eo.
Top Top