Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/12/2002 5:59:30 PM EDT
I'm thinknig about buying a new handgun but cant decide on which one of  the two  i should get any help would be great.My choices are either the glock or the beretta.
What would you pick any why?  
thanks for your help.....[bounce]
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 6:06:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 6:12:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Get the Beretta.  Couple of thoughts: I just do not like the Glock Safe Action I think it is actually Unsafe compared with the Beretta with it's disconnector and decocking safety, espescially if you're going to go with a round in the chamber.  While Glocks are pretty reliable also the Beretta will eat absolutely anything without hickup and just keep going and going with no problems.  I also don't like the square slide on the Glock, it obstructs your view as you're looking down the sights a lot more than the Beretta.

Oh and one more thing....The Beretta is just god damn sexy.

Mike
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 6:15:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 6:21:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys im doing alot of research on the net as well but who knows better than the ar15 family [thinking] anyhow i'm still interested in what everyone has to say  
Thanks  Ezduzit
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 6:21:50 PM EDT
[#5]
I own both the Beretta and a few Glocks. Both function flawlessly but my preference is the Glock. If you're looking for a carry weapon I would go with the Glock. It's lighter, won't hang up on clothing, no physical safety, simple, accurate, and indestructible...
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 6:24:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Beretta 8000! 9mm,.40,.45 take your pick! very accurate,better ergonomics than glock and Hi-Cap mags are about 70% cheaper.
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 6:41:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 6:44:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Paul where in CA are you located?
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 6:48:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Get the Beretta.  Couple of thoughts: I just do not like the Glock Safe Action I think it is actually Unsafe compared with the Beretta with it's disconnector and decocking safety, espescially if you're going to go with a round in the chamber.  
View Quote

How so? A Glock won't fire unless the trigger is pulled and that's it. Don't want to shoot, then don't pull the trigger. It's just as safe as a revolver.
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 6:53:59 PM EDT
[#10]
I own both, the Beretta has never had a problem, have owned it for 10 years, the Glock has had a few jamming problems in the early use of the gun, but now is fine have had the Glock for 2 years.  I would recommend both weapons, but if I had to recommend just one, I guess it would be the Beretta 92fs. The Beretta has an actual safety and a decocker, and that makes a difference. Good luck..[:D]
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 7:02:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Really depends on which Beretta.  For some reason I'm suspecting you mean a model 92.

However, Glocks are wildly popular, and there is something to say for that.  If you buy that there will be plenty of accessories available to you, and plenty of folks to enjoy your purchase with.

Not a big fan of 9mm (I do own a Sig 226 in 9mm), I'd be looking for something like a .40 or .45.
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 7:03:40 PM EDT
[#12]
KILLER TUPPERWARE RULES!!  [pistol]
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 7:18:18 PM EDT
[#13]
HK USP in 9 or 45, Full size or compact.

Anything else pales in comparison.

I would consider if I couldn't own an HK:

Browning Hi-Power in 9mm - sweet shooter, like poetry in your hand.

Colt Officers .45 - mean and a close 2nd to the HK for brute force.

Link Posted: 5/12/2002 7:25:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Xanadu
Hk has nothing to do with the topic next time try reading the question before you answer I thought it was pretty clear,and  nowhere did i ask anything about an HK....
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 7:32:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Xanadu
Hk has nothing to do with the topic next time try reading the question before you answer I thought it was pretty clear,and  nowhere did i ask anything about an HK....
View Quote

exduzit
Well I wouldn't have posted at all if I didn't think you were making a huge mistake. Next time try posting in the General "Firearms" Discussion board.  You see, if you post here you get everyone's opinion, like it or not. Plus if you post on the Firearms Discussion board, you can have an attitude and get away with it.
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 7:34:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Xanadu
no attitude, it,s just that I thought the topic was pretty simple glock or beretta thats it nothing else.......
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 7:41:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Yep, it's pretty simple.  However, you may want to expand your horizons.

Since you aren't accepting opinions on other guns, then forget about the Glock, go with the Beretta 92. It's heavier for a reason, because it's built better than the Glock.
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 7:46:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Xanadu, sorry for snapping at you just been a crappy day here thats all and I thank you for  your opinion on the beretta thanks I do believe thats what im leaning towards.....
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 7:50:13 PM EDT
[#19]
No problem, just let me know when you finally trade the Beretta for an HK [:D]
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 7:55:03 PM EDT
[#20]
actually kinda funny cause ilooked at one today but still am leaning toward the beretta [thinking]
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 7:56:15 PM EDT
[#21]
I just like the way the beretta felt in my hand better than the other 2 guns
Link Posted: 5/12/2002 7:56:19 PM EDT
[#22]
I have both and of the two I prefer the Glock.  It's a Ford and Chevy thing, drive before you decide...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top