Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/1/2003 8:57:18 PM EDT
The local Walmart has this Ruger rifle

http://www.ruger.com/Firearms/FAProdView?model=7850&return=Y

(stainless steel, synthetic, 30-06, 22 inch barrel, no sights, scope rings included) on clearance for $400.00. This is a $140 dollar markdown off their regular price ($275 below list)

My wife wants to buy it for me as an anniversary present. I know very little about Ruger rifles. Are they cast. Would I be better off with a Remington or Weatherby blued/synthetic for the regular price of $400.00. (also are these receivers cast or forged) Any advice is greatly appreciated. I'm sure this deal won't last long.

Link Posted: 7/1/2003 9:15:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Save yourself the heartaches.

Get yourself the Remington 700 in your choice of model.

I have both and much prefer the Remington.

Link Posted: 7/2/2003 10:47:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Ruger receivers are investment cast, but don't let that or the other poster scare you off. Lots of firearms and assemblies are investment cast. This doesn't make them of any lesser quality.

The Ruger 77 has a different type of bedding system that uses a 45-degree forward action screw. Some people don't understand this and are quick to condemn it.

There is some aftermarket support for Ruger bolt guns in the way of triggers.

At $400, that's a HELL of a buy. Get it, you won't be sorry.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top