Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/8/2005 9:48:23 AM EDT
My grandfather got hurt at his job and is unable to work. This happend around 4 years ago and for around 2 years they received no income whatsoever. Now he is currently getting social scurity disability and his previous employer is trying to settle his case. He has a lawyer one that "doesnt get paid unless you get paid" and they are going to take 1/3 of his settlement.They have offered 78k to which he will get 56k.He declined this offer he would like to get 100k for himself which means they will have to settle for 150k. My question is can he seek other lawyers out that may take a smaller % is this legal since these guys have been representing him already? Should he ask his lawyers to take a smaller %?Or should he contact his old company and try to deal with them directly if he did this would the lawyers be entitled to any money then?
Thanks for the advice in advance
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 9:51:55 AM EDT
Stick with the lawyers. It's just part of the deal. In my state the amounts you get are pre-determined and are not negotiable. Lawyers make sure you get it, as the company will drag it's feet all the way.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 9:54:02 AM EDT
You're not gonna find a lawyer who will work for less.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 9:57:23 AM EDT
Top Top