Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/26/2002 2:15:46 PM EDT
In Elberton, GA.

Seems a man there had the disassembled components for 600 grenades at his home.

Our "friends" at ATF had the usual display of all the "firepower" they had confiscated.

Seems the local sheriff got "an tip" from a caller about the "stash".

Edited to add:

The breathless reporter also said the ATF took a .50 caliber "that could shoot two miles!"

Got love these people...[IMG]http://216.40.241.68/contrib/corky/smilies23.gif[/IMG]

Link Posted: 7/26/2002 2:17:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 2:18:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
me.

Our "friends" at ATF had the usual display of all the "firepower" they had confiscated.

View Quote

god, they fucking crack me up with the photo op shit.
i love when you look at this "huge" "arsenal" they got from the nice crazy person.
it's usually a few h&r topper singleshot 12 ga's, the ubiquitous SKS, and a few BB guns they found lying around the house to make it look more dangerous.
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 2:30:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Were the componants able to be made into active granades or were they just the decomissiond prctice granades that everybody has (not me though, I would not own such dangerous weapons)?  It cracked me up when that last story came out about the huge "arsenal" that they confiscated.  Dummy practice granades and a de-milled rocket launcher!![whacko]
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 2:35:03 PM EDT
[#4]
the ATF took a .50 caliber "that could shoot two miles!
View Quote

That's horrible! I wonder what they would say if they found my .25-06. I think that bullet will travel at least four miles.

Link Posted: 7/26/2002 4:34:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Does anyone have a photo link?
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 4:38:34 PM EDT
[#6]
[url]http://www.accessatlanta.com/partners/wsbtv/news/grenades0726.html[/url]

No pic link yet, but here is a news link for you to read about it.

AR15.com News Division... [img]http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/singer.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 4:40:08 PM EDT
[#7]
I have a box of .22 that will go 2 miles, it says so on the box.
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 4:42:11 PM EDT
[#8]
What are  hand grenade balls ?
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 5:01:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Greg Giannoni, 42, of Elberton was arrested after he was asked to come to the sheriff's office. Officials did not go to the house to arrest him out of fear that an explosive confrontation could erupt.

Giannoni is now behind bars on federal charges of possessing firearms.
Sounds like they got them a dangerous menace there....They got him to come into town to the office and he complies and arrested him and he's charged with"possessing firearms"  doohhhh We're all going to be getting a taste of this all too soon!!!!! Except for me of course cause I don't have any firearms....
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 5:10:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Sounds like the guy had 600 practice grenades, a pound of Bullseye, some primers and a Black and Decker drill motor... Or as the press describes it:
"ATF and Elbert County Sheriff deputies found explosives powders, hand grenade balls, materials for setting up the hand grenade to operate, and tools necessary to complete the process."

If you reload and have an old section of gas pipe in the corner of your garage, you could be up on the same charges.
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 5:27:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Were the "Hand Grenade Balls" stuck on wood mounts with a tag attached to the pin saying "Take One"?  I heard those are super dangerous, especially the pre-ban ones.  IDIOTS!!!!
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 5:38:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 6:48:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Greg Giannoni, 42, of Elberton was arrested after he was asked to come to the sheriff's office.
View Quote

That part actually makes sense.  Sounds safer for everyone concerned.  I'm sure it's also much cheaper to place a phone call to the his house than it is to call-out a SWAT team.z
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 7:23:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

The next step after blue balls...!
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 7:48:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Sounds like another moron sheriff to me.

[I]There is no evidence as to why Giannoni had stockpiled the weapons, but Killorin said there is an extensive black market in the U.S. for such arms.[/I]

yes, what with all the drive-by grenade attacks I read about.
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 7:54:45 PM EDT
[#16]
probably one of them damn italian muslims!!!
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 8:21:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I have a box of .22 that will go 2 miles, it says so on the box.
View Quote

i can make it do 4 miles..

aim up. fire. 2 miles up it turns over and drops. 2 miles down it stops. 4 miles. ;)
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 8:48:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

The next step after blue balls...!
View Quote

At least we know they were male hand grenades.
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 10:20:47 PM EDT
[#19]
They may have got the man's BB guns, but I'll bet they missed about 200 pounds of bang juice in his car.  That's only enough liquid energy to move a ton of car several hundred miles.    Close enough for government work, I suppose.
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 10:36:16 PM EDT
[#20]
Maybe I missed it, but why exactly was this man arrested???
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top