Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
12/6/2019 7:27:02 PM
Posted: 12/9/2013 5:54:35 PM EST
We received this thing as a gift over the weekend and I must say sceptical about it at first, but now I'm very impressed with how well it works. I have watched it closely and it covers every inch of floor. We have a GSD which means we have A LOT of dog hair in our house. I really can't believe it picks up all the hair. My sammich maker usually vacuums 2, 3, sometimes 4 times per week to keep up with the dog hair. I can see this cutting that down to almost never if it holds up. It's doing a great job at picking up all the needle from our Christmas tree also.

The really cool thing is that it automatically returns to it's charging station and then finds where it left off and continues cleaning. It even goes from one room to another. It works much better on the wood floors than the carpet, but it does the carpeted areas also. The only thing is that doing the carpet drains the battery faster so it take longer as it must return to the charging more often, but that isn't really an issue because we don't have much carpet. I'm going to program a daily schedule and let it run while we are out during the day because it's a little loud although much more quiet than out Dyson upright.

As a bonus, our cat stalks it constantly and then runs like hell when it turns on her. Entertaining to say the least and keeps her busy. Oh, and my GSD basically ignores it. Here is a link if anyone want to check it out.

http://www.neatorobotics.com/product/robotic-vacuums/xv-21/

Link Posted: 12/9/2013 5:56:48 PM EST
A coworker has a lawnmower that does this. He has people slam on their brakes in front of his house to sit there and watch the mower drive around and mow the lawn by itself.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 5:58:23 PM EST
Like.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 6:00:01 PM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ShadowAngel:
A coworker has a lawnmower that does this. He has people slam on their brakes in front of his house to sit there and watch the mower drive around and mow the lawn by itself.
View Quote

Honestly, it's actually fun to watch this thing work. I've never owned anything "robotic" before. It's impressive how far away form the charging station it gets and still finds it's way back.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 6:05:34 PM EST
[Last Edit: 12/9/2013 6:06:31 PM EST by brahm]
There is a lesson here.

Link Posted: 12/9/2013 6:12:20 PM EST
I have a Roomba for the exact same reason.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 6:15:20 PM EST
[Last Edit: 12/9/2013 6:15:46 PM EST by M4Real]
Originally Posted By brahm:
There is a lesson here.

http://youtu.be/KbOqsp3oUQI

View Quote

My dog doesn't shit in the house.

Link Posted: 12/9/2013 6:43:51 PM EST
Originally Posted By M4Real:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By M4Real:
Originally Posted By brahm:
There is a lesson here.

http://youtu.be/KbOqsp3oUQI

He will now.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 6:45:39 PM EST
It looks like a SNES.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 6:47:59 PM EST
I don't know if this is more Skynet or Cylons, but it must be asked: what round for robot floor cleaner?
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 7:13:16 PM EST
[Last Edit: 12/9/2013 7:17:28 PM EST by TexMedic]
I picked up some of these for my wife, sister and mother. They work pretty well, just let them run when no one is home. However, they can't replace a normal vacuum since they don't clean as well. They do work for general up keep if you don't have pets.

Robomower was a total waste of money. It just sort of does random patterns in the grass and runs over everything. The one I got was supposed to stop for objects like hoses and sidewalks but nope... it ran that shit over too.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 3:13:46 AM EST
Originally Posted By TexMedic:
I picked up some of these for my wife, sister and mother. They work pretty well, just let them run when no one is home. However, they can't replace a normal vacuum since they don't clean as well. They do work for general up keep if you don't have pets.

Robomower was a total waste of money. It just sort of does random patterns in the grass and runs over everything. The one I got was supposed to stop for objects like hoses and sidewalks but nope... it ran that shit over too.
View Quote

This things works just as well as our upright on our wood floors. It seriously hits every inch of floor space. In fact, it goes under things our upright won't fit under like our server in the dinning room and our TV stand in the great room. It has suction, not just a sweeper. This things works very well.

Link Posted: 12/10/2013 3:21:09 AM EST
walmart just had one like that neato ( gray color) for $199

Picked it up and our floors get vacuumed everyday while we are not at home. I love it. No more dog hair collecting under things or in corners. Like OP said it gets everywhere.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 3:25:20 AM EST
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 3:32:01 AM EST
Originally Posted By 103:
I don't know if this is more Skynet or Cylons, but it must be asked: what round for robot floor cleaner?
View Quote

The XV-21 became self-aware at 0219, 09DEC2013.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 3:40:32 AM EST
I have one of these things as well and it rocks. Have it programmed to clean the house at 0130 three days a week and it's amazing at just how much crap the little thing can find and pick up. It has a little box that fills up and I have to dump it almost every single time after it runs. It does a MUCH better job than any of the Roombas, it's much smarter and is also the only one with true "suction" like a real vacuum. If you have a dog and/or cat you'll be shocked at how much hair it picks up every day. Best thing ever!
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 4:10:29 AM EST
Originally Posted By 1SubSailor:
I have one of these things as well and it rocks. Have it programmed to clean the house at 0130 three days a week and it's amazing at just how much crap the little thing can find and pick up. It has a little box that fills up and I have to dump it almost every single time after it runs. It does a MUCH better job than any of the Roombas, it's much smarter and is also the only one with true "suction" like a real vacuum. If you have a dog and/or cat you'll be shocked at how much hair it picks up every day. Best thing ever!
View Quote

The Roomba is crap compared to this model. Nothing really compares to the Neato. It just finished our kitchen and is moving on to one of the guest rooms now. I love this thing.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 4:15:04 AM EST
This is very relevant to my interests. I don't have a GSD right now but keeping the house clean is still the bane of our existence. My wife runs the vacuum cleaner like she's killing snakes with it. It's a real horror show to be around. One of these could do wonders for my sanity.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 4:35:27 AM EST
So if I get this I won't have GSD hair tumbleweeds rolling around my house?!? I swear its a full time job. I have a furminator and a small shop vac that I attack her with every week and I still get a GSD carpet on my hard wood floors.

OP thanks for the heads up, I probably order one for my wife's sake.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 5:40:36 AM EST
$400??? Ouch. As much as my Dysons. Will have to keep doing it the hard way.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 9:47:16 AM EST
Originally Posted By TexasSheepdog:
$400??? Ouch. As much as my Dysons. Will have to keep doing it the hard way.
View Quote

Check Amazon. Our was less than $300.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 6:48:04 PM EST
I like mine. Run it twice a week. I dont even own a regular vacuum anymore. And thats with two flea biters always making a mess. I downloaded the update on my first one and it bricked soon after. So IDK that Ill update mine again. Could have been a fluke, but these do brick sometimes. And when they do, its over. No re install the OS.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 6:59:58 PM EST
I'm going to see about getting one.
Top Top