Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/10/2005 1:04:18 AM EDT
Why dont people have pride in their country or state anymore?  Im driving by Safeway and what do I see?  They have 3 flagpoles out front, One with; an American, an Idaho state, and a Canadian flag.  For a second I thought they were all flying at the same level, but on closer inspection the American flag was about a foot higher.  Atleast they got that right huh.

But the Idaho state flag, and the Canadian flag are at the same level.  So the state of Idaho is of no more importance than a foreign country.  WTF is this about.  I dont want to see any foreign flag flying equal to a US flag on US soil.  Maybe its just some PR stunt, but thats bullshit.   And this stuff is happening all the time.   Has anyone ever seen the American flag, flying equal to a foreign flag in another country?  Im betting it doesnt happen.  Because they have more pride in their country than that.  
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 1:08:41 AM EDT
[#1]
In Texas the state flag will almost always accompany the US flag--at the same level (legally, since Texas was once an independant nation). The town where I group always showed state and national pride with flags. It seems that every new business would try to out do the others with bigger flags.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 1:10:49 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Has anyone ever seen the American flag, flying equal to a foreign flag in another country?  Im betting it doesnt happen.  Because they have more pride in their country than that.  

The US and Japanese flags outside the station HQ building at Marine Corps Air Station Iwakuni, Japan fly at the same height. However, during morning colors, the US flag is raised first. In the evening, the US flag is struck last. The MCAS is also used by the Japanese Maritime Self Defense Force as base for Anti Submarine Warfare aircraft.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 1:37:46 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
In Texas the state flag will almost always accompany the US flag--at the same level (legally, since Texas was once an independant nation). The town where I group always showed state and national pride with flags. It seems that every new business would try to out do the others with bigger flags.

That doesnt offend me.  State pride is just as importand as national pride, IMO.  I respect Texas for the fact that they have great pride in their state.  
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 1:40:52 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Has anyone ever seen the American flag, flying equal to a foreign flag in another country?  Im betting it doesnt happen.  Because they have more pride in their country than that.  

The US and Japanese flags outside the station HQ building at Marine Corps Air Station Iwakuni, Japan fly at the same height. However, during morning colors, the US flag is raised first. In the evening, the US flag is struck last. The MCAS is also used by the Japanese Maritime Self Defense Force as base for Anti Submarine Warfare aircraft.

That makes sense, because the base is used jointly.  
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 1:47:13 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The US and Japanese flags outside the station HQ building at Marine Corps Air Station Iwakuni, Japan fly at the same height.

It's the same here at Kunsan AB, ROK.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 4:10:41 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That makes sense, because the base is used jointly.  

Yes, but the air station is owned by Japan. We are their guests. A point they make very clear.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top