Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 1/15/2002 4:37:55 AM EDT
Here we go guys. Tell me what you think!!!! [url]http://www.boston.com/dailyglobe2/014/business/All_50_states_agree_to_upgrade_driver_s_licensesP.shtml[/url]
Link Posted: 1/15/2002 4:55:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/15/2002 4:56:15 AM EDT by squibload]
I'll be getting a scannable "barcode" tattoo on the base of my neck this weekend... This could be a great thing if we could have a nationally-recognized CCW permit, but at what point would it become too "Big Brother"-ish? [peep]
Link Posted: 1/15/2002 5:04:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/15/2002 5:04:58 AM EDT by DriftPunch]
The Drivers License being harder to replicate? OK! The Drivers License being harder to acquire due to verifying the ID of the potential licensee? OK! The act of using the Drivers License as a linking vehicle to transactional databases? HELL NO! If this happens, with the exception of driving, I'll simply use my passport as my ID!
Link Posted: 1/15/2002 5:14:35 AM EDT
This is MY line in the sand! I will not be "electronically identified" to buy gas, groceries GUNS and whatever. That is just what these dorks intend to do with this thing, mark my words! There will be no action to track expired visas or track down the millions of wets. It is to keep track of law abiding Americans, slowly close the noose on cash transactions and implement FULL registration of all guns. Your complete dossier will be encoded on your license in a non eraseable format. Within 5 years you will not be able to take a crap without your "papers". "Heil Hitler!" is not far behind.
Link Posted: 1/15/2002 5:22:20 AM EDT
No, not "heil Hitler", but .223 and .308's right behind. Politicians pop like watermelons. They need to remember that.
Link Posted: 1/15/2002 5:31:10 AM EDT
I will not be "electronically identified" to buy gas, groceries GUNS and whatever.
View Quote
A lot of people used to say that. Then stores started offering "bonus" cards, and the complaining stopped. See, people will give-up a lot of privacy for a few dollars a week.z
Link Posted: 1/15/2002 5:56:52 AM EDT
Good point, Zoom!! But consider, I no longer shop at Krogers where they use that damn card! I vote with my feet and my cash when possible. An army of one can't change much, but can keep their dignity and principles intact - for a while at least.
Link Posted: 1/15/2002 6:40:02 AM EDT
Top Top