Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 6/15/2009 6:33:25 PM EDT
HOLY HELL!  (In spanish, but...  holy shit)

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:35:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Who the shit designed that track??

jb
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:36:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Tag....runs to jayski
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:36:33 PM EDT
[#3]
OUCH!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:38:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Sad News - Carlos Pardo: Driver Carlos Pardo has been killed in a crash during the final laps of a NASCAR Mexico race, organizers said. Pardo was leading the race in the 97th lap when his car was nudged by a competitor from behind and slid sideways into a wall at the entrance to the pit lane at about 200 kph (120 mph) on Sunday. The car disintegrated as a result of the impact. He was removed from the wreckage and sent by helicopter to a hospital. The NASCAR Mexico Web site reported that he died 45 minutes later. Pardo was later declared winner of the race in Pueblo, east of Mexico City. Pardo won the series championship in 2004 and had 10 career victories in 74 races.(Associated Press / USA Today)(6-15-2009)
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:39:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Damn....that is a sad, sad deal.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:40:31 PM EDT
[#6]

Good thing they put that wall there.

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:40:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Holy shit...

Mexico has NASCAR?
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:40:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:43:01 PM EDT
[#9]
well, at least the mortician won't have to clean the body up.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:43:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Wow concrete wall at a right angle to the racing line.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:44:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Damn
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:44:36 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

The NASCAR Mexico Web site reported that he died 45 minutes later.

No freaking way it took him 45 minutes to die.

Is that just so they can say no one has died on their racetrack?

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:45:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Oh damn!  He never felt a thing.  God bless his wfe.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:45:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Would not surprise me one bit.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:46:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

That is the rumor. All tracks do it.

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:47:28 PM EDT
[#16]
It looked like they only had 4-5 barrels infront of the wall too. WTF were the K-rails doing there in the first place?

Feel bad for the other driver that bumped him. I would feel like killing myself.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:48:50 PM EDT
[#17]
damn that was an awesome crash!

sucks the guy died but damn the car paneling freaking ripped off and gas went everywhere.
also great track design why not stick a couple poles in the middle of the track too.

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:49:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I thought I saw him moving in the car after the crash. Nevermind. It was one of the saftey crew on the otherside.

It looked like the other driver flat tried to take him out of the race.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:49:48 PM EDT
[#19]
NASCAR fans are going to see a lot about this.

There are a few tracks that have openings like that here. Gordon hit the one at either Pocono or The Brickyard that now has the SAFER barrier on it.

That car should not have just disentigrated either. you can bet your ass EVERY NASCAR crew chief will look at that car in the next few weeks.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:49:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
It looked like they only had 4-5 barrels infront of the wall too. WTF were the K-rails doing there in the first place?

Stupidity. Hell why was there a break in the wall there to begin with?
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:50:51 PM EDT
[#21]
All he had to do is drive in a circle

To bad he didn't make it
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:51:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Dang.

I kind of hate to say this, but I think it's of some comfort to consider that he lived an exciting life, and went not only with a heck of a bang, but doing something he probably loved doing.

Seems to me that he was an impressive driver with 10 victories out of 74 races.

-K
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:51:54 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Wow concrete wall at a right angle to the racing line.

It's OK, they put 2 water barrels in front of it.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:52:07 PM EDT
[#24]
Damn...
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:52:20 PM EDT
[#25]
Note the retard that was trying to block the view.  Hey, lets hold up this tarp and get under a 3 million dollar helicoptor. That sucker gets pulled into the tail rotor and all those guys are shorter by about one head. WJ
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:52:50 PM EDT
[#26]
Holy shit - what an impact!

1) They needed more water barrels if they hoped to lessen the blow more.

2) The car did a great job of falling apart - transferring the energy away from the driver.

3) It looked to me he just hit so solidly that the impact was a sudden stop. If he had been less perpendicular and able to glance off, I bet he would have been ok.

4) I had no idea they had NASCAR in Mexico.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:53:33 PM EDT
[#27]
Jesus, that was brutal.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:56:23 PM EDT
[#28]
I love how mexicans have no shame when it comes to death on tv. They will replay that shit a thousand times.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:57:46 PM EDT
[#29]
Rest in Peace buddy
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:57:59 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I love how mexicans have no shame when it comes to death on tv. They will replay that shit a thousand times.

Like Dale Earnhardt's death?

Which was the first and only NASCAR death ever replayed even once.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:58:38 PM EDT
[#31]
Their not taking over nascar their only driveing the cars we Americans are to lazy to drive.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:58:42 PM EDT
[#32]
Nascar in Mehico? I'm suprised they didnt have those water barrels filled with petrol...
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:58:43 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Who the shit designed that track??

jb

No kidding.  I don't know much about NASCAR, and I know enough to not have shit like that along the track.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:59:11 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

You should watch "Alarma TV" on your local Spanish station.  They don't edit anything out.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:00:32 PM EDT
[#35]
Damn.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:00:36 PM EDT
[#36]
That will not, I repeat, that will not buff out!

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:01:33 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:

US NASCAR Concord track has one at the entrance to the pits.  5 sand barrels protect it, IIRC.

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:02:26 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

US NASCAR Concord track has one at the entrance to the pits.  5 sand barrels protect it, IIRC.

http://localracing.nascar.com/files/Concord%20aerial.jpg

What track is this?
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:05:24 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What track is this?

Lowes Motor Speedway, Charlotte, NC.  Actually in Concord NC.

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:06:38 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What track is this?

That's not Lowe's.

That is Corcord Speedway.

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:08:04 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What track is this?

What a funny guy.....
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:09:19 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Good thing they put that wall there.  

Whoever put that track together really fucked up.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:09:32 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

There are a few tracks that have openings like that here. Gordon hit the one at either Pocono or The Brickyard that now has the SAFER barrier on it.

That car should not have just disentigrated either. you can bet your ass EVERY NASCAR crew chief will look at that car in the next few weeks.

They're designed to come apart some, helps protect the driver. I know that sounds odd, but it's the truth. But it came apart to much, happens when your friends used all the good steel for tunneling tools.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:09:58 PM EDT
[#44]
Wow did you get a good look at that roll cage? It was totally wasted, looked like a bunch of broken tooth picks. Also not a very good move for those workers to be holding a tarp underneath the rotor blades of that chopper...
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:10:41 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

I thought I saw him moving in the car after the crash. Nevermind. It was one of the saftey crew on the otherside.

It looked like the other driver flat tried to take him out of the race.

He didn't bump ya, he didn't nudge ya, he rubbed ya, and rubbin son, is racin.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:10:59 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

2) The car did a great job of falling apart - transferring the energy away from the driver.

No it didn't,  motor, tranny,  all suspension is still there,   Stock cars  are the worst of all " modern " racing cars at shedding parts.  Is all you saw was 50 pounds of sheet metal continuing motion when the chassis came to a dead stop in the space of a few feet.   To be honest though I don't think it would have mattered what type of car he was in the way he hit that barrier,  he was a dead man no matter what.  If you want to see what type of car does really well at getting rid of mass to dissipate energy google up some recent formula one crashes,  after a real good one there is nothing left but the tub that the driver sits in,  everything else is gone.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:11:37 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Holy shit - what an impact!

1) They needed more water barrels if they hoped to lessen the blow more.

3) It looked to me he just hit so solidly that the impact was a sudden stop. If he had been less perpendicular and able to glance off, I bet he would have been ok.

4) I had no idea they had NASCAR in Mexico.

that cage was a piece of shit.  the cage is NOT supposed to do that.  it crushed in and helped kill that driver  90* angle + shotty workmanship = dead driver
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:11:53 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:

They're designed to come apart some, helps protect the driver. I know that sounds odd, but it's the truth.

Nope. They are designed to keep the driver's compartment intact.

That appears to have failed in this case.

The sheetmetal doesn't mean shit. It is the main part of the rollcage that is important and it is NOT designed to come apart.

ETA...damn you fuckers are fast.

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:12:31 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What track is this?

That is NOT Lowes.  That is a different track that is next to it.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:12:36 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:

No it didn't,  motor, tranny,  all suspension is still there,   Stock cars  are the worst of all " modern " racing cars at shedding parts.  Is all you saw was 50 pounds of sheet metal continuing motion when the chassis came to a dead stop in the space of a few feet.   To be honest though I don't think it would have mattered what type of car he was in the way he hit that barrier,  he was a dead man no matter what.  If you want to see what type of car does really well at getting rid of mass to dissipate energy google up some recent formula one crashes,  after a real good one there is nothing left but the tub that the driver sits in,  everything else is gone.

everything is tethered or otherwise strapped to the car so it doesnt kill fans or other drivers
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top