Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/15/2006 10:14:38 PM EDT
I watched it tonight on the recommendation of a few (soon to be former) friends.

<- Me anticipating a great movie.
<- Me waiting for something entertaining to happen.
<- Me wondering why I'm still watching it 1 hour into the movie.
<- Me beginning to realize I've been had.
<- Me after waiting the ENTIRE movie for something funny, entertaining, profound, amusing, or thought provoking.
<- Me ripping the DVD out of the drive while swearing profusely.

What. The. Fuck.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 10:15:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Outstanding movie, but I didnt think it was funny the first time I saw it either.

I saw it again on HBO or something, and next thing you know it, I own the DVD.  I, for one, think it is hilarious.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 10:16:32 PM EDT
[#2]
you know there's a movie section, right? gosh!

I'm kidding. I think you have to be in the right mood to appreciate it, and it's certainly not for everyone. It's more like, "intelligent humor" so it goes over a lot of people's heads.

I'm kidding again. Sorry you didn't like it.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 10:17:25 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I watched it tonight on the recommendation of a few (soon to be former) friends.

<- Me after waiting the ENTIRE movie for something funny, entertaining, profound, amusing, or thought provoking.

What. The. Fuck.

I liked it.....reminded me of a guy I knew in high school

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 10:17:31 PM EDT
[#4]
You need to watch it more than once...  " Ever take that bike off any sweet jumps"
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 10:17:37 PM EDT
[#5]
When did that movie take place anyway?
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 10:18:14 PM EDT
[#6]
I gotta go watch it again, I forgot the fieldcraft in hunting cows.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 10:19:43 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
you know there's a movie section, right? gosh!

I'm kidding. I think you have to be in the right mood to appreciate it, and it's certainly not for everyone. It's more like, "intelligent humor" so it goes over a lot of people's heads.

I'm kidding again. Sorry you didn't like it.

One of my "friends" that recommended it said it was "intelligent" humor. He's one of those college kids who went to Europe over the summer and came back "enlightened". He says Americans are quite ignorant when compared to Europeans. This is one of his favorite movies.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 10:21:38 PM EDT
[#8]
That move was hillarious.  Its one of those movies that you either love or hate.

"I'm training to be a cage fighter"
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 10:22:18 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Littering the movie with pop culture elements from the late 80's and late 90's in an effort to confuse people seems to be one of the "smart" things the writers did.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 10:23:23 PM EDT
[#10]
I liked it. It's just a goofball movie.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 10:24:51 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
That move was hillarious.  Its one of those movies that you either love or hate.

"I'm training to be a cage fighter"

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 10:25:47 PM EDT
[#12]
I love it,just rented it again the other night.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 10:25:48 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
One of my "friends" that recommended it said it was "intelligent" humor. He's one of those college kids who went to Europe over the summer and came back "enlightened". He says Americans are quite ignorant when compared to Europeans. This is one of his favorite movies.

You need to understand that the whole "intelligent humor" is just a cop out for those of us who tend to like retarded movies. That way when someone dislikes a movie, you can just claim it's because they're stupid and you're not. I do the same thing when watching Kurt Russel/John Carpenter movies with girlfriends.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 10:29:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Watch it again
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 10:29:57 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You need to understand that the whole "intelligent humor" is just a cop out for those of us who tend to like retarded movies. That way when someone dislikes a movie, you can just claim it's because they're stupid and you're not. I do the same thing when watching Kurt Russel/John Carpenter movies with girlfriends.

Oh, I know. Heck, my favorite movies include Two Lane Blacktop, Gummo, Kentucky Fried Movie, Pink Flamingos and The Big Lebowski - All "retarded" movies (at least according to my wife). I like strange off-beat movies. Everybody knows this and that's why they all insisted I'd love the movie.

I just didn't get it. Maybe I need to watch it again.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 10:31:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Well this movie is no Big Lebowski.... but yeah I'd watch it again when you're really bored... and expect nothing.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 10:37:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 10:40:38 PM EDT
[#18]
I should mention that I did enjoy Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, which was viewed immediately after Napoleon Dynamite.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 10:44:40 PM EDT
[#19]
" How much you wanna make a bet I can throw a football over them mountains?... Yeah... Coach woulda put me in fourth quarter, we would've been state champions. No doubt. No doubt in my mind.  "
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 10:47:27 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

What. The. Fuck.

You obviously have no sense of humor.

The first time I saw that movie I laughed so hard that I actually had an asthma attack.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 10:56:28 PM EDT
[#21]
I thought it was hilarious.

Then again I didn't go into it thinking is was going to be some great masterpiece of film.

*sigh* Idiots *sigh*

Link Posted: 2/15/2006 10:59:27 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Littering the movie with pop culture elements from the late 80's and late 90's in an effort to confuse people seems to be one of the "smart" things the writers did.

have you ever *been* to a town with a population of less than 2000 people?  In places like that pop-culture is at *least* 15 years behind.  
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 11:06:20 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

have you ever *been* to a town with a population of less than 2000 people?  In places like that pop-culture is at *least* 15 years behind.  

Nope. I live in one. My town is so small, it's technically refered to as a village. It consists of ten houses, two churches, a cemetary and a recycling center. The nearest neighbor behind me is 3/4 of a mile back. In other words, I disagree with you.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 11:12:02 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nope. I live in one. My town is so small, it's technically refered to as a village. It consists of ten houses, two churches, a cemetary and a recycling center. The nearest neighbor behind me is 3/4 of a mile back. In other words, I disagree with you.

yeah, well I've *been* to Preston Idaho, and it really is like that.....
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 11:19:59 PM EDT
[#25]
you should probably come get you stuff out of my locker I cant fit my nunchucks in there anymore

your mom goes to college

what in the heck was grandma doin in the freakin desert anyway

geez kip eat all the chips. make yourself a dang casa dilla napolean

i see your drinken 2% is that cause you think your fat, cause your not you could drink whole milk if you wanted

are you gonna eat those tots
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 12:01:19 AM EDT
[#26]
First time I saw it I ended up seeing it 2 more times in the next 3 day. Not by my choice. I hated it the first time, even more the second time and i left my friends house before it was over the 3rd time. That movie sucks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top