Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/18/2005 2:53:03 PM EDT
House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi confessed late Saturday that she signed off on President Bush's decision to have a top intelligence agency conduct "unspecified activities" to gather intelligence on possible terrorists operating inside the U.S. in the wake of the 9/11 attacks.

"I was advised of President Bush's decision to provide authority to the National Security Agency to conduct unspecified activities shortly after he made it and have been provided with updates on several occasions," Pelosi admitted.

The San Francisco Democrat claimed she expressed "strong concerns" about the "unspecified activities" at the time, but offered no evidence to that effect.

Pelosi declined to explain why she didn't make public her concerns about the authorization, which Democrats now say was an outrageous abuse of civil rights

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2005/12/18/125959.shtml

Impeach bush! Impeach bush! Impeac...............................................  nevermind.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 3:15:19 PM EDT
[#1]
I love how the dimocraps always signed off on the things they then bitch about later
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 3:19:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Don't members of Congress swear an oath to uphold and defend the constitution of the United States as well?
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 3:20:50 PM EDT
[#3]
While I don't like the whole thing I see the dems just as guilty as any one, Hell I have to give the POTUS a point for atleast having the balls to say yeah i did that.

Than all these cowards run and point fingers.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 3:22:26 PM EDT
[#4]
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=419314

They all knew including Reid. They still say it's Bush's fault.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 3:26:13 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Don't members of Congress swear an oath to uphold and defend the constitution of the United States as well?

They just affirm, with their fingers crossed.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 3:26:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Only a complete fucking IDIOT would NOT sign off on a plan to read the other guy's mail...even IF it happened to be to persons here.

For the love of God, people!  We are in a WAR to the DEATH with people who's only desire is to murder every one of us...our families, wives, kids, parents...ALL of us!

How fucking hard is it for all of us to realize this?

The UNION, our culture, religions, heritage, Constitution and our LIVES must be preserved.  If this meant that we had to resort the semi-legal, half-legal or EVER ILLEGAL means...THEN SO FUCKING BE IT!

The alternative is that we lose or we are attacked again with such ferocity and effect that our National Command Authority is forced to resort to the ultimate sanction and 50 million people die in a fiery holocaust.  

THAT my friends is not the way we want this to end.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 3:31:10 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Only a complete fucking IDIOT would NOT sign off on a plan to read the other guy's mail...even IF it happened to be to persons here.

For the love of God, people!  We are in a WAR to the DEATH with people who's only desire is to murder every one of us...our families, wives, kids, parents...ALL of us!

The UNION, our culture, religions, heritage, Constitution and our LIVES must be preserved.  If this meant that we had to resort the semi-legal, half-legal or EVER ILLEGAL means...THEN SO FUCKING BE IT!

The alternative is that we lose or we are attacked again with such ferocity and effect that our National Command Authority is forced to resort to the ultimate sanction and 50 million people die in a fiery holocaust.  

Save your breath.  Too many people believe the liberal democrats are their saviors.  This holds true for both the left and the far right.  The far right is almost too stupid to function now a days.  They will believe anything spoon fed to them by the left.  It's called eating your own, and democrats don't do it.  That's why they ran this country for 50 years and will be doing it again very soon.

Thanks guys.  
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 3:52:53 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Uhmm, which 50 million?
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 3:58:55 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Save your breath.  Too many people believe the liberal democrats are their saviors.  This holds true for both the left and the far right.  The far right is almost too stupid to function now a days.  They will believe anything spoon fed to them by the left.  It's called eating your own, and democrats don't do it.  That's why they ran this country for 50 years and will be doing it again very soon.

Thanks guys.  

I fear you are correct.  It's like the host and the parasite.  One has no clue it is being consumed until it is too late.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 4:06:53 PM EDT
[#10]
I do have a concern with the NSA reading intercepts from American citizens. Indeed, anytime the government intrudes in to my life, I am concerned. However, I am ONLY concerned with the rights of citizens...do whatever you want with non-citizens (from reading email to torture - I don't care).

Quoted:

With all due respect, isn't that a bit melodramatic? For a large enough even to occur that a strategic response would be warranted, there would have to be an intellegence failure that monumentally dwarfs pre-9/11 problems. Preventing the NSA from reading some communications ain't going to bring that event about.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top