Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/6/2002 2:44:24 AM EDT
About a month ago I purchased a complete Colt SP1 rifle.  I knew it was a pre-ban because I checked its Ser. No. on bighammer before I bought it.  Now, as I have read more about pre-bans, I believe it is one of the 19 "Named" Receivers.  The rifle is marked as follows:

Next to the Colt symbol is stamped AR 15.  Below that is stamped:

Cal 223
Model SP1
Ser No. 27XXX

Is this one of the "named" receivers?

Where can I find a list of the "named" receivers?

If it is a "named" receiver then it is my understanding that the lower could be sold or transferred and the lower would retain its pre-ban-status.  Is this correct?

I have tried to read the threads here, but the more I read the more confused I become.

Any help appreciated.
Link Posted: 11/6/2002 11:28:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes it is one of the named SAW's.  Since Colt did not transfer stripped receivers it left the factory as an assembled SAW and if it was lawfully possessed on 09-13-94 it is a legal "preban" SAW.

Named SAW's"

[url]http://www4.law.cornell.edu/uscode/18/921.html[/url]

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top