Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 7/31/2005 4:57:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/31/2005 4:57:17 PM EDT by JAFO]
They've found a 10th planet, and in the tradition of naming them after Roman gods, my choice would be... Bacchus

DIONYSUS (dye-oh-NYE-sus; Roman name Bacchus) was the god of wine. Dionysus was the son of Zeus and the mortal heroine Semele.
Dionysus rescued Ariadne after she had been abandoned by Theseus. Dionysus also saved his mother from the Underworld, after Zeus showed her his true nature as storm god and consumed her in lightning.

It was Dionysus who granted Midas the power to turn whatever he touched into gold, then was kind enough to take the power back when it proved inconvenient.
---------------

The golden touch and god of wines? Sounds good to me. What's your choice?
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 6:11:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/29/2005 6:12:28 PM EDT by DDofWA]

Originally Posted By Spyda:
They've found a 10th planet, and in the tradition of naming them after Roman gods, my choice would be...

DIONYSUS (dye-oh-NYE-sus; Roman name Bacchus) was the god of wine. Dionysus was the son
It was Dionysus who granted Midas the power to turn whatever he touched into gold, then was kind enough to take the power back when it proved inconvenient.
---------------

The golden touch and god of wine and Jim bEamSounds good to me. What's your choice?

Hell yeah name it afta me, but the Midas thing , he hent astray and ended up working in the mufler business, kind of a shame if you aks me.
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 6:20:37 PM EDT
The science-fiction community gave it the name Charon about seventy years ago. Seems a fitting name for such a cold, dark place . . . and a nice way to say "thanks" to the likes of Doc Smith, A.E. Van Vogt (who gave us the Weapon Shops of Isher, the classic illustration of the Balance of Power: "The Right to Own Weapons is the Right to Be Free"), Isaac Asimov, Frederic Pohl, Robert Heinlein, and so many, many more . . .

. . . and on some dark, stormy winter's night, you can scare yourself half to death with it: read "Lucifer's Hammer," by Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle (another local guy)-- the all-time classic SHTF novel!
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 9:02:18 PM EDT
Just for fun....

On 13 May, 1917 AD three Children in Fatima Portugal (Lucia age 10, Francisco age 9, and Jacinta, age 7) received a series of three, amazing visions believed to be from The Virgin Mary. These Children were shown many things including the rise and fall of communism in Russia, possibly the assassination attempt of Pope John Paul 2, the rise of evil, immorality and violence in the world and a global persecution of the Church.

The Third Prophecy was of such a frightening nature, it has remained hidden by The Vatican up to and including today. FEB 2005 AD. In 1984, Pope John Paul II made a comment of the Third Prophecy saying, "The destuction that will come upon the world will be so great, it need not be told and cause terror and panic now." Pope John Paul also mentioned massive tidal waves and fires.

In 1941, Sister Lucia wrote a letter (to a bishop) about the Third Prophecy. She speaks of "great fire to come upon the earth."

I believe it was wrong for The Vatican to withhold any Prophetic Information.

In the Book of Daniel, we read that "God knows all secrets. He knows what is in the darkness and what is in the light."

GOD knows all secrets and mysteries and I believe HE has encoded this information in the Bible Code. Using my knowledge of the Bible Codes and Revelation, added to what Sister Lucia and Pope Jp2 said in 1984, I did a Bible Code Search on the Third Prophecy of FATIMA and here is what I found.

Sister Lucia, the third child who received the Visions of Fatima died in her Convent, Feb 13 2005, the same day I discovered the following Bible Code.

BIBLE CODE: GENESIS: 1:20:8
FATIMA - VIRGIN MARY- VISION
COMET IMPACT TO EARTH
DISASTER - CATACLYSM - CATASTROPHE
HOLOCAUST - DESTRUCTION
HIDDEN - SECRET - CONSPIRACY- NASA
KING OF TERROR - EARTH - REVELATION

The Third Prophecy of Fatima warns us of COMET IMPACT, that a Comet will impact earth and threaten all life. In Secular terms, The Vatican hid this knowledge from the world to prevent mass manic, chaos and a possible looting of the Vatican, its art and wealth. Yet in spiritual terms, this information should have been revealed as it could lead to True Repentance and Holyness.

The Bible Code tells us that The Vatican is secretly working with NASA to prevent this global cataclysm from deep space.

IS A MASSIVE COMET
APPROACHING EARTH?

I believe the answer to this question is "yes". The ancient world believed in a Comet Planet that near passes Earth every 3600 years. (a kind of Halley's Comet that passes earth every 72-76 years). Many believe in times past this Comet Planet (called Planet "X" and NIBIRU) caused the Great Flood of Noah's Day by breaking the glaciers loose. The Passing of the Comet Planet could also have reversed spun the earth on its axis, causing the Day of 24 hours of sunlight we read of in Josh:10:13.

A very close, near pass of earth by a massive Comet Planet, could trigger major earthquakes, tidal waves and flooding due to extreme gravitational pull. Yet it seems that NASA is preparing for a far more destructive scenario.

IT IS VERY POSSIBLE THAT THE COMET PLANET COULD BE ON A COLLISION COURSE WITH EARTH AND NOT JUST A NEAR PASS -- JUST AS THE THIRD PROPHECY OF FATIMA WARNS US.

In FEB 2004, NASA acknowledged that a Comet Planet, "Planet X" exists as The 10th Planet in our solar system. NASA named this Comet Planet, SEDNA and claims it will safely pass more than 950 million miles from earth. I believe that Sedna is a "smokescreen" and not the real Doomsday Comet. This misinformation is designed to prevent Mass Panic and Chaos and preserve National Security, just as The Vatican has done.

12 JAN 2005. NASA launched "Deep Impact". This is a comet buster satellite that will IMPACT Comet Tempel I on JULY 4 2005. NASA hopes to smash a 100 ft deep crater into this comet to see if it can be shattered? In reality NASA probably has this satellite armed with a bunker-buster Nuclear Warhead that will crash deep inside the core of The Comet and then detonate.

IS DEEP IMPACT TARGET PRACTICE FOR THE DOOMSDAY COMET-- THE THIRD WARNING OF FATIMA?

In The Fatima Bible Code, This COMET is called, "King of Terror". This is a direct reference to the famous prophecy of Nostradamus

"In the year 1999 and seven months
The Great KING OF TERROR will
Come from the sky. He will
Bring to life the king of
The Mongols. Before and after
Mars reigns happily." C10 Q72

I believe the "great, King of Terror" from the sky is this Comet Planet, NIBIRU, that NASA first sighted, JULY 1999. Based on earlier information from The Vatican, NASA would be using HUBBLE telescope to look for and track this ancient Comet Planet.

Movies like ARMAGEDDON and DEEP IMPACT could have been made to condition the world that 1) Comet Impact is possible, 2) The Human race, thru Technology, will survive this cataclysm.

Nostradamus seems to set a time frame between 2006 -2012 AD for the Coming of the Comet Planet, The "King of Terror from the sky". In another Bible Code, I have found the year 2010 - 2012 AD for COMET IMPACT. It is possible that The Comet Planet will first be seen by earth-based Observatories in 2010 AD and IMPACT 2012 AD, The Ancient Mayan year for "Doomsday" in their 5000 year world Calendar.

POSSIBLY THE VATICAN KNOWS THE EXACT YEAR AND WILL NOW REVEAL THIS AS THE THIRD PROPHECY (OF FATIMA) HAS BEEN MADE KNOWN THRU THE BIBLE CODE?

The Book of Revelation, Chapter 8 warns us of Comet Impact. It seems that NASA will be successful in shattering this Comet planet, saving earth from Total Impact and the destruction of all life. Yet, earth will be hit by flaming meteor debris that sets on third of the earth aflame. (Rev:8:8-9). Also a larger chunk (Asteroid) will crash into the Ocean and cause Tidal Waves and severe flooding (exactly as Pope JP2 warned in 1984).

"Wormwood" (Rev:8:10) could be a nuclear ICBM Missile, launched from China or Russia, as they wage war in the aftermath of the destruction (to their nation) caused by The shattered Comet Planet.

The Comet Impact described in Rev:8 happens during The Great Tribulation of seven years. This is when God will judge the world and the Churches for their sins. This will be the last chance for Humanity to repent, reject Antichrist 666 and Follow JESUS during the darkest time in history.

The Good News is that there are TWO RAPTURES to come in Revelation, during The Tribulation and not one as commonly mistaught and distorted (Matt:24:40, Lu:21:34-36, Matt:25, Rev:3:10).

WE CAN ESCAPE 666, THIS COMING APOCALYPSE IN THE FIRST OF TWO RAPTURE EVENTS, THAT WILL HAPPEN BEFORE THE TRIBULATION EVEN STARTS.

Link Posted: 7/29/2005 9:09:57 PM EDT
Name that Planet: Yer' Anus!
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 11:08:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/29/2005 11:08:37 PM EDT by Scollins]
I vote for "Leonidas." Not a Roman god, but screw it!

Link Posted: 7/30/2005 8:21:27 AM EDT
They've been finding 10th planets for years. There's always a big "they've found a 10th planet" then it dies out. I really doubt it's going to change textbooks or anything. Heck, astonomers wish pluto wasn't considered a planet, but the "9 planets" thing is too ingrained in culture to change it, both to 8 or to 10. Professionally, they tend to consider Pluto a "Kuiper Planetoid." This is partly because of it's odd orbit compared to the other 8, the very similar size between Pluto and Charon, and the fact that the two practically orbit one another, rather than Charon orbiting Pluto.

Personally, I don't think it should be considered a planet unless the entirety of it's orbit lies within +/- 10° of the orbital plane, with both foci inside the sun, and both foci of any satellites must lie within the body of the object.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 5:45:56 PM EDT
The news just reported that the scientists discovered the planet in January, but were not ready to make an announcement. The reason they annouced it now is that another group of researchers/scientists apparently hacked into the first groups web site and stole documents and research work and were going to announce the discovery soon. Talk about a bunch of cheats.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 10:50:41 PM EDT

Originally Posted By voilsb:
They've been finding 10th planets for years. There's always a big "they've found a 10th planet" then it dies out. I really doubt it's going to change textbooks or anything. Heck, astonomers wish pluto wasn't considered a planet, but the "9 planets" thing is too ingrained in culture to change it, both to 8 or to 10. Professionally, they tend to consider Pluto a "Kuiper Planetoid." This is partly because of it's odd orbit compared to the other 8, the very similar size between Pluto and Charon, and the fact that the two practically orbit one another, rather than Charon orbiting Pluto.

Personally, I don't think it should be considered a planet unless the entirety of it's orbit lies within +/- 10° of the orbital plane, with both foci inside the sun, and both foci of any satellites must lie within the body of the object.

Isn't this called "discrimination"?
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 11:25:04 PM EDT
My very elderly mother............

Link Posted: 7/31/2005 5:24:15 PM EDT

Ceres meets your definition. We need
more qualifiers. The ability to maintain
an atmosphere (not sure that Pluto
can maintain an atmosphere for its
entire orbit)?
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 5:34:50 PM EDT
Duh, name it

ARFCOM
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 12:42:36 PM EDT

Originally Posted By TheCynic:

entire orbit)?

I suppose you're right. Actually, most of the asteroid belt probably meets that definition. Perhaps maintaining an atmosphere would do it. Pluto's already disqualified for other reasons, so it doesn't matter if another qualification keeps it out.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 12:56:10 PM EDT

entire orbit)?

Does Mercury have an atmosphere? I didn't think it did, but maybe I'm wrong.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 1:17:21 PM EDT
Diameter requirements? Anything smaller than Mercury should not be a planet. Mercury and Mars are both bright from Earth, so therefore set the lower limit on size. Pluto is out, as is Chrion, and Ceres. Known non-planetary solar satellites that are equal to or larger than the moon are already considered moons of larger planets, such as Titan and Ganymede.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 1:54:51 PM EDT

Originally Posted By chooper:

entire orbit)?

Does Mercury have an atmosphere? I didn't think it did, but maybe I'm wrong.

And my semi-abitrary "both foci within the sun" thing might not include mercury, too. But it's okay, since this is just some internet-junky mentalbation, and has no effect on reality.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 1:57:16 PM EDT
I think we shoud name it "dirty sanchez"
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 2:06:26 PM EDT
George.
It's a great name.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 2:10:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/1/2005 2:11:11 PM EDT by TheStig]
My vote's for Omicron Persei VIII.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 2:19:16 PM EDT
This would be the first I've heard of it.

Who anounced it? Got a link to a website?
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 2:21:26 PM EDT
Apollo.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 2:24:51 PM EDT
I wonder when they will find the large "dark matter" planet or unseen that has been theorized to affect Pluto's orbit...
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 2:26:52 PM EDT
Call it Fyno. Freeze your nuts off. Then when NASA told astronauts they were going to Fyno, at least there would be a nice ring of truth somewhere in the mission.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 2:27:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/1/2005 2:28:56 PM EDT by ARDunstan]
Hmm... Lets see now...

We have Pluto.

I say it should be called Goofy.

Top Top