User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 3/8/2010 5:34:15 AM EDT
Go for it, little man.  

HH
––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

N. Korea Says It Is Ready to 'Blow Up' U.S.

Monday , March 08, 2010

AP

http://www.foxnews.com/printer_friendly_story/0,3566,588342,00.html

SEOUL, South Korea —
North Korea's army said Monday it is ready to "blow up" South Korea and the U.S., hours after the allies kicked off annual military drills that Pyongyang has slammed as a rehearsal for attack.

South Korea and the U.S. — which normally dismiss such threats as rhetoric — began 11 days of drills across South Korea on Monday morning to rehearse how the U.S. would deploy in time of emergency on the Korean peninsula.

The U.S. and South Korea argue the drills — which include live firing by U.S. Marines, aerial attack drills and urban warfare training — are purely defensive. North Korea claims they amount to attack preparations and has demanded they be canceled.

The North's People's Army issued a statement Monday, warning the drills created a tense situation and that its troops are "fully ready" to "blow up" the allies once the order is issued.

The North also put all its soldiers and reservists on high alert to "mercilessly crush the aggressors" should they encroach upon the North's territory even slightly, said the statement carried by the official Korean Central News Agency.

The communist country has issued similar rhetoric in the days leading up the drills. On Sunday, it said it would bolster its nuclear capability and break off dialogue with the U.S. in response to the drills.

South Korea's military has been closely monitoring Pyongyang's maneuvers but hasn't seen any signs of suspicious activities by North Korean troops, Seoul's Joint Chiefs of Staff said earlier Monday.

"We see it as (North Korea's) stereotype denouncement," Defense Ministry spokesman Won Tae-jae told reporters.

About 20 anti-U.S. activists held a peaceful protest near a joint drill command center south of Seoul on Monday, chanting slogans such as "Stop war rehearsal."

About 18,000 American soldiers and an undisclosed number of South Korean troops are taking part in the drills, dubbed Key Resolve and Foal Eagle, according to U.S. and South Korean militaries.

The training comes as the U.S. and other regional powers are pushing for the North to rejoin international disarmament talks on ending its atomic weapons program in return for aid. The North quit the six-nation weapons talks and conducted its second nuclear test last year, drawing tighter U.N. sanctions.

The North has demanded a lifting of the sanctions and peace talks with the U.S. on formally ending the Korean War before it returns to the negotiations. The U.S. and South Korea have responded that the North must first return to the disarmament talks and make progress on denuclearization.

The U.S. stations about 28,500 troops in South Korea.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 5:35:51 AM EDT
[#1]
All righty then.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 5:37:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Don't they make noise every time we do these exercises?
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 5:38:45 AM EDT
[#3]
[Yawn]  Uh. . . .ok. . . what else is new?[Yawn]

Oh, I see "The Hurt Locker" won best picture. . . .

And there's a sale at Penny's. . .
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 5:40:38 AM EDT
[#4]
I think they are serious.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 5:41:59 AM EDT
[#5]

Link Posted: 3/8/2010 5:43:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Its like they reject reality on a daily basis....

Funny little people.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 5:43:52 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm so ronery...

Link Posted: 3/8/2010 5:44:32 AM EDT
[#8]
little pajama man out of animal crackers?
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 5:44:48 AM EDT
[#9]
they reary reary mean it this time
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 5:45:25 AM EDT
[#10]

Link Posted: 3/8/2010 5:48:08 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Go for it, little man.  

HH

Monday , March 08, 2010

AP

SEOUL, South Korea —
North Korea's army said Monday it is ready to "blow up" South Korea and the U.S., hours after the allies kicked off annual military drills that Pyongyang has slammed as a rehearsal for attack.

South Korea and the U.S. — which normally dismiss such threats as rhetoric — began 11 days of drills across South Korea on Monday morning to rehearse how the U.S. would deploy in time of emergency on the Korean peninsula.

The U.S. and South Korea argue the drills — which include live firing by U.S. Marines, aerial attack drills and urban warfare training — are purely defensive. North Korea claims they amount to attack preparations and has demanded they be canceled.

The North's People's Army issued a statement Monday, warning the drills created a tense situation and that its troops are "fully ready" to "blow up" the allies once the order is issued.

The North also put all its soldiers and reservists on high alert to "mercilessly crush the aggressors" should they encroach upon the North's territory even slightly, said the statement carried by the official Korean Central News Agency.

The communist country has issued similar rhetoric in the days leading up the drills. On Sunday, it said it would bolster its nuclear capability and break off dialogue with the U.S. in response to the drills.

South Korea's military has been closely monitoring Pyongyang's maneuvers but hasn't seen any signs of suspicious activities by North Korean troops, Seoul's Joint Chiefs of Staff said earlier Monday.

"We see it as (North Korea's) stereotype denouncement," Defense Ministry spokesman Won Tae-jae told reporters.

About 20 anti-U.S. activists held a peaceful protest near a joint drill command center south of Seoul on Monday, chanting slogans such as "Stop war rehearsal."

About 18,000 American soldiers and an undisclosed number of South Korean troops are taking part in the drills, dubbed Key Resolve and Foal Eagle, according to U.S. and South Korean militaries.

The training comes as the U.S. and other regional powers are pushing for the North to rejoin international disarmament talks on ending its atomic weapons program in return for aid. The North quit the six-nation weapons talks and conducted its second nuclear test last year, drawing tighter U.N. sanctions.

The North has demanded a lifting of the sanctions and peace talks with the U.S. on formally ending the Korean War before it returns to the negotiations. The U.S. and South Korea have responded that the North must first return to the disarmament talks and make progress on denuclearization.

He's ready to blow something alright, most likely Alec Baldwin or Matt Damon!  
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 5:49:52 AM EDT
[#12]
Also in the news, N. Korea.......with help from the U.S. has tentative plans to turn itself into the first all glass carpeted country. Of course this plan may not take affect until after the 2012 elections, When America regrows its backbone in D.C.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 5:51:12 AM EDT
[#13]
It's time to take that little fucker out...

I'm sure the world is tired of hearing his shit...
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 5:52:17 AM EDT
[#14]

I don't want his mouth anywhere near me.

Link Posted: 3/8/2010 5:52:30 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I think we've just put him on ignore.......until he violates the COC , then we'll drop the ban-hammer on his ass.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 5:53:00 AM EDT
[#16]
I'm sure that dear leader has him shaking in his boots.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 5:53:16 AM EDT
[#17]
You mean "brow up USA"?

I say we should just let the ROK loose on those fuckers and just make sure China or anyone stays the fuck out of the conflict.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 5:55:12 AM EDT
[#18]

You just KNOW he's HAD to have seen that movie by now.

Link Posted: 3/8/2010 6:00:51 AM EDT
[#19]
Yeah my 1 year old was pretty cranky this past week also.  Probably has teeth coming in.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 6:02:15 AM EDT
[#20]
Is it too much to ask that he just take out Washington, D.C. and spare the rest of the country?
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 6:09:15 AM EDT
[#21]

i can't imagine the NORKs putting up much of a fight if something actually did go down. i mean, do they even feed their people?

Link Posted: 3/8/2010 6:10:56 AM EDT
[#22]
Is it me, or are all these countries strengthening while we are seemingly weakening?
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 6:30:39 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Is it me, or are all these countries strengthening while we are seemingly weakening?

He's doing 'rots' of push ups. and drinks all his rice milk. And  maybe eats spinach
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 6:32:06 AM EDT
[#24]
O reary?
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 6:34:07 AM EDT
[#25]
Bring it
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 6:34:58 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

i can't imagine the NORKs putting up much of a fight if something actually did go down. i mean, do they even feed their people?

That was my suggestion  - don't send troops, send FOOD.  Much like the Gulf War 1, Colonel SANDERS could have won it single-handedly on the ground.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 6:35:42 AM EDT
[#27]
Anyone read "One Second After?"

Assuming EMP is as big a threat as claimed in the book, they don't need to nuke us to cripple us.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 6:36:34 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
All righty then.

Link Posted: 3/8/2010 6:38:55 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Anyone read "One Second After?"

Assuming EMP is as big a threat as claimed in the book, they don't need to nuke us to cripple us.

They don't have the ability to produce a device of sufficient yield, nor do they have a means to deliver it.

And anybody who does that to us knows what our retaliation will be.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 6:40:07 AM EDT
[#30]

im bored
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 6:48:05 AM EDT
[#31]
Let's just mop the floor with them and be done with it already.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 6:56:00 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Let's just mop the floor with them and be done with it already.

sounds good to me.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 6:58:02 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Go for it, little man.  

HH

Monday , March 08, 2010

AP

SEOUL, South Korea —

I know the North Korean people are told by their leader that they are still at war w/ us, but...

Hasn't the Korean War been Formally over for a long time now or am I missing something?

Speed
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 7:10:19 AM EDT
[#34]

I really feel sorry for the people living under that shit stain's thumb.

Link Posted: 3/8/2010 7:10:32 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 7:14:20 AM EDT
[#36]
What a douche
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 7:19:38 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Go for it, little man.  

HH

Monday , March 08, 2010

AP

SEOUL, South Korea —

He's ready to blow something alright, most likely Alec Baldwin or Matt Damon!  

More like Sean Penn
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 7:22:15 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

I know the North Korean people are told by their leader that they are still at war w/ us, but...

Hasn't the Korean War been Formally over for a long time now or am I missing something?

Speed

ceasefire, stalemate, or whatever you want to call it.

Link Posted: 3/8/2010 7:29:14 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Speed

Nope, still going on.  We've just been in a cease fire / armistice for a long time.  Peace talks are still held on occasion.  That's the whole reason for the JSA and the meeting rooms.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 7:29:33 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Go for it, little man.  

HH

Monday , March 08, 2010

AP

SEOUL, South Korea —

Speed

It's my understanding that there was only a cease fire..not a formal ending of the Korean War.

Link Posted: 3/8/2010 7:32:46 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Speed

We are still at war.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 7:36:11 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Go for it, little man.  

HH

Monday , March 08, 2010

AP

SEOUL, South Korea —

Speed

A ceasefire was signed but a peace treaty wasn't. The North and South still don't have anything like normal diplomatic relations, although it's gotten better in the last few years, recent craziness aside.

On paper, you could say the war never ended. It certainly could start up again without much effort, and it'd be just as ugly as before. On the upside, not even China would back the North this time around.

Link Posted: 3/8/2010 7:36:18 AM EDT
[#43]
The biggest fear in dealing with NK is their artillery line. It could do insane damage in a matter of hours.

However, wouldn't an opposing line of CRAMs in key positions minimize a lot of that problem?
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 7:38:22 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Go for it, little man.  

HH

Monday , March 08, 2010

AP

SEOUL, South Korea —

Speed

It's my understanding that there was only a cease fire..not a formal ending of the Korean War.

good, we won't even have to come up with a new name for when it continues
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 7:38:41 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I wonder how many of his own people he's executed for merely mentioning "Team America World Police".
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 7:38:58 AM EDT
[#46]
Meanwhile, we sent over $93 million in aid food to North Korea in 2008.  This is only the food, not the oil and other aid.*

*not all of this is tax payer funded
Food for Peace

Link Posted: 3/8/2010 7:50:11 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/8/2010 8:01:04 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Don't they make noise every time we do these exercises?

yeah, this has been going on for what, 60 years (~) now?

Link Posted: 3/8/2010 8:02:16 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think we've just put him on ignore.......until he violates the COC , then we'll drop the ban-hammer on his ass.

What you did there...... I see it.
Link Posted: 3/8/2010 8:03:33 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Funny thing is, when Saddam got captured, the Marines made his stay more comfortable with repeated showings of the South Park movie.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top