Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/7/2003 9:38:09 PM EDT

Cleaning Lady Fed Herd Of Tame Deer, Violated State Conservation Law

POSTED: 11:41 a.m. EDT May 7, 2003
UPDATED: 11:47 a.m. EDT May 7, 2003

CHEEKTOWAGA, N.Y. -- A western New York woman won't go to jail for feeding deer -- unless it happens again.

Anita Depczynski was charged with violating the state conservation law by feeding a herd of tame deer at a suburban Buffalo park.

The 62-year-old cleaning lady was granted a conditional discharge Tuesday. But the judge told her she could face a jail sentence if she's caught feeding the deer again.

She could have faced up to 15 days in jail and a $250 fine.

She said she fed the deer because the animals are so tame, and the area so congested by development, that they would starve in winter without human handouts.

But she told the judge she would comply with the law.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 10:08:10 PM EDT
[#1]
One of the same breed of nitwits who feed deer in suburban areas and then complain when the local .gov brings in sharpshooters to thin the overpopulated heard that has been ruining into fenders all over the place.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 11:58:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 12:21:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Anyone ever see the [b]DO NOT FEED THE DEER[/B] sign at Yosemite National Park?  If I had a scanner I could post a pic of the sign.

Basically it shows a kid offering a piece of food to a deer.  The deer sniffs the kid's palm and then proceeds to ram antlers up his ass.  The kid suffered fatal injuries.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 2:08:50 AM EDT
[#4]
I feed the deer down here. Than I shoot them, sorta like farming them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top