Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/13/2002 6:37:40 PM EDT
It's half over, one of the more sensationalistic accounts of it that I've seen.  Lots about the evil bullets and armore piercing rockets and the usual BS, but good watchin' none the less!
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 6:50:12 PM EDT
[#1]
What did these idiots have besides AKs?  A clip on earlier today showed what looked like an AR180 or FAL, but couldn't see for sure.

Right now they are talking about the bad guy being left to die on the street and the bad guy's family suing.  How ridiculous.  Saved the taxpayers money.
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 6:57:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, I think I saw an FAL also.  And I have always wondered just exactly why we even bother to call for medical help when the Goblins in a violent confrontation get hurt.  It just don't make sense, do it?  So he died, boo hoo.  Hope he lingered.  Why the HELL should anyone have "done more"???

BTW- Does anyone know if it is truth or internet rumor that the gunshop that supplied police with weaponry was harassed/fined/closed later on for not following KA procedures for said assistance?
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 7:00:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
BTW- Does anyone know if it is truth or internet rumor that the gunshop that supplied police with weaponry was harassed/fined/closed later on for not following KA procedures for said assistance?
View Quote
I have heard that too.  I don't know if it's true, but it being Kali, I would not be surprised.

They just said that the lawsuit was settled out of court.  WTF, no way in hell would I settle that.  This was after some fruit loop jury was deadlocked.  How do these idiots think out there?
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 7:08:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
What did these idiots have besides AKs?  A clip on earlier today showed what looked like an AR180 or FAL, but couldn't see for sure.

View Quote

Due to a lawsuit from some of the LAPD officers family against H&K, I belive what you are referring to is an H&K 91.
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 7:09:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 7:11:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Due to a lawsuit from some of the LAPD officers family against H&K, I belive what you are referring to is an H&K 91.
View Quote
By Jove, I think he's got it!  I couldn't really tell, but now that you mention it, HK does have a distinctive front sight, doesn't it.
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 7:14:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
It was an H&K and I think the gunshop is still open from the interviews I have seen with the owner.
View Quote
I have definitely heard that the particular gunshop is out of business for some reason, maybe the aforementioned reason, maybe something else.
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 7:19:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 7:26:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Nowhere, in any show I have seen about this, have they mentioned that these two were convicted violent felons who weren't supposed to own guns of any kind and these full autos that they had were not legally owned under any circumstances.  This led to more bans, but even the existing bans in Kali would not have stopped these two.  When are those fools going to learn that?
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 7:36:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 7:46:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 7:53:04 PM EDT
[#12]
B&B put themselves outta buisness

rude to paper buh bye now

Paper
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 7:58:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Sadly, B&B just recently closed its doors, a victim of ever-increasing state gun laws and regulations that made it impossible to sell the guns that people wanted.

-Troy
View Quote

I heard from several people that had money down on guns at B&B, but never got a refund. Their only recourse is to file a claim in bankruptcy court to get their money back. Another nice thing they did was transfer all of their bought and paid for guns to a competitors store, again without notification. So if you were in the middle of the waiting period process for a gun, you have to pay the transfer fee again and the waiting period starts over again. That is if you even know where your gun is. Woo hoo!
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 8:10:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
The officers went up a few blocks to B&B in North Hollywood to get some real guns.  They were given 5 AR15s, a couple of shotguns with 00 Buck, mags, and ammo by B&B.  They did not get back to the scene with this equipment before arriving SWAT members ended the gun battle with their own (i.e., SWAT) rifles and subguns.

There was discussion about charges being brought against B&B for handing out guns without background checks, but strong community opposition killed the idea.

Sadly, B&B just recently closed its doors, a victim of ever-increasing state gun laws and regulations that made it impossible to sell the guns that people wanted.

-Troy
View Quote

[url]http://www.bnbsales.com/about.htm[/url]  Thats B&B's website.  It talks about the bank robbery incident.
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 8:22:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

-Troy
View Quote

I heard from several people that had money down on guns at B&B, but never got a refund. Their only recourse is to file a claim in bankruptcy court to get their money back. Another nice thing they did was transfer all of their bought and paid for guns to a competitors store, again without notification. So if you were in the middle of the waiting period process for a gun, you have to pay the transfer fee again and the waiting period starts over again. That is if you even know where your gun is. Woo hoo!
View Quote

Remember the article about B&B charging exorbitant amounts for private party transfers and such?  The JBT's raided their store in N-Hollywood and took all the yellow thingies.  What about the B&B in Oxnard?
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 8:22:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Not only hass B&B sales gone out of buisness. but so has nationaal gun sales, a Small but well stocked store that was loved by many . Also the 2nd biggest soCal store and gunsmithy store, poney express, has moved our to nevada, and has a nearly empty "store" trying to dump its invintory thats let over. its a real sad situation overhere.
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 8:20:53 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

There was discussion about charges being brought against B&B for handing out guns without background checks, but strong community opposition killed the idea.

-Troy
View Quote

Hahaha This is what this would've gone down:

LAPD: LAPD Officers we need to borrow some AW's to use at a shoot out down the street. NOW!!!

BB: Sure, but first I would need to see your CA ID and handgun training or badges.

LAPD: FUCK THE PAPERS!!! WE NEED THOSE NOW!!!

BB: Sorry, you're only local cops, I have to answer to the state DOJ. Now please fill this out.

LAPD: Alright! Alright!

BB: Now I just need to ask you some question fro the DROS paperwork. State requirement ya know.

LAPD: ALRIGHT ALREADY!!

BB: Great now that is done. You can pick up the weapons in 10 calendar days. State requirements ya know. Have nice day. Thank you for shopping BB guns [:)]
Link Posted: 4/14/2002 10:09:59 AM EDT
[#18]
When will Kali figure out that they need to stop having SEX, because they seem to be breeding idiots by the friggin truckload!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top