Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/5/2004 8:34:19 AM EST
I would like to know NY laws that I need to be aware of after the sunset before configuring my gun
with flashider and telestock.
Thanks

Link Posted: 9/5/2004 9:03:53 PM EST
Don't add a flash hider or a telescoping stock if your rifle currently doesn't have any of these features. New York State has its own Assault Weapon Ban that mirrors current federal legislation. The only exception is that New York's Assault Weapon Ban doesn't have an expiration date like the federal AWB.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 3:00:34 AM EST
Thanks, is there anyway around the law like a special registration or do I just live in a crappy state.
Dillon
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 6:10:58 AM EST
Unless your current rifle is a preban your only option is to buy one of the many prebans that will be available after the Federal AWB sunsets.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 5:33:01 PM EST
There is another discussion going on here

NY AWB Law

At the end, I came to the conclusion the the only AR you can have in NY is a pre-ban. Can someone who KNOWS please set us all straight in NY? Please tell me I interpreted it wrong.

Thanks,

Hoover

Link Posted: 9/8/2004 4:40:24 AM EST

Originally Posted By hoover:
There is another discussion going on here

NY AWB Law

At the end, I came to the conclusion the the only AR you can have in NY is a pre-ban. Can someone who KNOWS please set us all straight in NY? Please tell me I interpreted it wrong.

Thanks,

Hoover

OK, you've interpreted it wrong! If it is legal under the current Federal AWB it is legal in NY.
Top Top