Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2001 6:01:43 AM EDT
I was told by someone that NY CCW allowed for open carry, as you can imagine I was shocked and disbelieving. At a 2nd ammend rally where our sheriff was in attendance last weekend I asked him and he told me that NY offers only ONE permit but that it may have various restrictions governing how it is to be used, full concieled, target/hunting use, etc. He said that a CCW in NY allowed for open carry unless restricted by the permit and or other laws. The problem lies in that of the literature I got at the rally two pieces that cover NY law say that open carry is a big No-No. Who do I believe, a sheriff that SHOULD know the law as he has to sign off on the permits or a couple of pamplets?

BrenLover
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 6:05:32 AM EDT
[#1]
I do a lot of competitive shooting over in NY state, and everyone has told me that permits are handed out on the county level with a county judge as the decision maker. Every judge has their own opinions and therefore varying criteria.
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 6:16:03 AM EDT
[#2]
I understand that, but wouldn't open carry/concieled carry be a state rule where the judge has no discretion on that?
Bryan
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 7:06:29 AM EDT
[#3]
BTT
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 2:42:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Someone has got to know this??!!??
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top