Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/12/2013 2:34:59 AM EDT
More dribble from our "friends" at the NYT. It shoudn't be a  public health issue, it should be civil rights issue. It is right there in faded black and white in the US Consittution, the 2nd Amendment, "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed. What part of "shall not be infringed" they don't seem to understand.

NYT - Gun Country
The United States continues to love and revile its hundreds of millions of firearms. Here is a look at that complicated relationship, told through the personal stories of Americans.

Broader Approach Urged to Reduce Gun Violence
By BENEDICT CAREY

The most effective way to reduce gun violence without significantly curtailing Second Amendment rights is to treat the problem as a public health issue, like smoking or drunken driving, a study finds.
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 2:36:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Dumb fucks

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 2:41:47 AM EDT
[#2]
You folks know this is not a random story from the NYT, this comes on the heels of the Newtown massacre.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 2:41:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Effing liberal sock puppets.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 2:43:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Drivel*
Also, FNYT
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 2:44:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Drivel*

Also, FNYT
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 2:53:29 AM EDT
[#6]
The most effective way to reduce gun violence without significantly curtailing Second Amendment rights is to treat the problem as a public health issue, like smoking or drunken driving, rather trying to profile potential shooters, according to a report released Thursday by a panel of experts who were commissioned by the American Psychological Association to study the issue in the wake of the Newtown, Conn., massacre.
View Quote

So a panel of mental health professionals released a report that gun violence should be treated as a health issue. Huh.

One of the newer interventions that the report highlights is called behavioral threat assessment, which is used at an increasing number of schools and workplaces around the country. When a student or employee openly threatens others or shows evidence of planning an attack — researching it online, buying supplies — a behavioral assessment team gets the person help immediately, whether through counseling or more intensive therapy, and monitors the progress.

On campuses, that team typically includes an administrator, a member of the mental health staff and someone from school security. When necessary, the team coordinates with the local police to have the person involuntarily hospitalized.

In the wake of mass shootings, states like Virginia and Illinois have mandated that universities assemble threat assessment teams; Virginia just passed a law to mandate such services in schools at all levels.
View Quote

It's for the children. In VA, to boot.  
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 2:56:58 AM EDT
[#7]
By BENEDICT CAREY

More like Benedict Arnold.  Fucking fuck.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 3:01:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

So a panel of mental health professionals released a report that gun violence should be treated as a health issue. Huh.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
The most effective way to reduce gun violence without significantly curtailing Second Amendment rights is to treat the problem as a public health issue, like smoking or drunken driving, rather trying to profile potential shooters, according to a report released Thursday by a panel of experts who were commissioned by the American Psychological Association to study the issue in the wake of the Newtown, Conn., massacre.

One of the newer interventions that the report highlights is called behavioral threat assessment, which is used at an increasing number of schools and workplaces around the country. When a student or employee openly threatens others or shows evidence of planning an attack — researching it online, buying supplies — a behavioral assessment team gets the person help immediately, whether through counseling or more intensive therapy, and monitors the progress.

On campuses, that team typically includes an administrator, a member of the mental health staff and someone from school security. When necessary, the team coordinates with the local police to have the person involuntarily hospitalized.

In the wake of mass shootings, states like Virginia and Illinois have mandated that universities assemble threat assessment teams; Virginia just passed a law to mandate such services in schools at all levels.

Yes, make gun ownership "dirty" in the eyes of the public, why do I feel like they are trying to paint people into a corner.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 3:44:03 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

Let me look that one up. Yep. Correct.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 3:58:29 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Let's correct that a bit.

The panel was entirely Psychologists (some have attached JDs)...not Psychiatrists (the 'other' mental health experts)
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 4:06:18 AM EDT
[#11]
Oh, that's never been said before.

Stupid fucking libtards.

FUCK THEM.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 4:08:16 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 4:13:48 AM EDT
[#13]
Get your kids into the shooting sports.  Donate money and/or time to organizations (like BSA) that promote shooting.  Setup shoots for young people.  Whatever it takes.

I said when the AWB part 2 fell through that they were going to treat it like smoking and go after kids.  They know they can't do anything about the previous generations and their current legislative path is limited, but if they can brainwash the upcoming generations that "Guns Are Bad" then they will have succeeded.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 4:17:46 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 4:19:36 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
NYT has always had a hard on for guns. People in New York who consider themselves "sophisticated" have often never been further than a 100 miles from home. They think the rest of the country, outside of maybe LA, Chicago, Boston and maybe Orlando, is a scary mix of Mayberry RFD, roving bands of Klu Klux KLansmen and cannibal mutants (the last part being true in Ohio but that's another story)
View Quote

When sheep never leave the pen............this is what you get.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 4:22:33 AM EDT
[#16]

They understand it just fine, they're just trying to blur the lines and make you think like they do.

Guns are bad, m'kay?

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 4:23:24 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
NYT has always had a hard on for guns. People in New York who consider themselves "sophisticated" have often never been further than a 100 miles from home. They think the rest of the country, outside of maybe LA, Chicago, Boston and maybe Orlando, is a scary mix of Mayberry RFD, roving bands of Klu Klux KLansmen and cannibal mutants (the last part being true in Ohio but that's another story)
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 4:24:32 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 4:26:14 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Hey I learned my lesson, I don't even stop for gas in Ohio after I got away from them last time  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hey I learned my lesson, I don't even stop for gas in Ohio after I got away from them last time  

Had to be Toledo.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 4:26:25 AM EDT
[#20]
View Quote

Visits ARFCOM, check.
Panic buys PMAGs, check.
Does this mean Team Memberships now come with free mental health services?  

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 4:29:02 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 4:30:20 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

A haha!  That's where you got to.   I almost had you at that gas stop.   I won't fail again.   We just want to eat your brains.  
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 4:33:03 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Yes, make gun ownership "dirty" in the eyes of the public, why do I feel like they are trying to paint people into a corner.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So, become a member of AR15.com, buy a case of ammunition or a few PMAGS online (all legal) and you will get immediate "help"

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 4:33:30 AM EDT
[#24]
I'd like to hear more about Aimless going to a gas station in Ohio.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 4:34:26 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

Very well stated. Those claiming to have both open and enlightened minds live insular lives.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 4:35:29 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

100% correct. The pure beauty of this is when they come to Louisiana, eat crawfish, run trot lines and shoot class III firearms they can't wait to come back.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 4:38:08 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

"Flyover Country"
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 4:41:04 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Very well stated. Those claiming to have both open and enlightened minds live insular lives.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I've noticed that as well.  People who like to brag about how open minded they are usually exactly the opposite.  Any viewpoint other than their own is dismissed out of hand.

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 4:42:31 AM EDT
[#29]
My assessment team has identified their assessment team as dangerous to my freedoms. They should be immediately tarred, feathered and deported to a commie country of their choosing.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 4:44:16 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Had to be Toledo.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Had to be Toledo.

Stubenville.
Anyway I need to hear this story in full.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 4:54:10 AM EDT
[#31]
Must have had a strategy meeting with the White House

Really laying it on for the anniversary
Fucking parasites, dancing in dead kids blood
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 3:05:00 PM EDT
[#32]

The most effective way to reduce gun violence is to arm the populace as to not become a victim or to let others become a victim of the poopulace.

Fixeded
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top