Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 4/11/2018 11:12:35 AM EDT
Jesus the derp is strong in that article. The term floppies is not racist. The term comes from when a terrorist was shot they would flop over hence floppies.

When told that the Rhodesian rifle had become a totem for American white supremacists, Selvaggio pleaded ignorance. "What I remember of it is seeing pictures of the FALs on the guys over there fighting. I don't even know what they were fighting, except against communism, from what I was told. Maybe I need to do some studying on my history here."  

link
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 11:14:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Article conveniently leaves out the many blacks that served on the anti-communist side. Really activates the almonds.
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 11:15:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Article conveniently leaves out the many blacks that served on the anti-communist side. Really activates the almonds.
View Quote
Not to mention the fact that the Mugabe regime instituted racist policies after taking over the country.
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 11:17:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Holy fuck.  

This is what we are facing - look how easy it was for them to, matter of factly, state that anyone who so much as has a Rhodesian flag is a racist, without question.
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 11:19:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Holy fuck.  

This is what we are facing - look how easy it was for them to, matter of factly, state that anyone who so much as has a Rhodesian flag is a racist, without question.
View Quote
Racist is redefined as "the left doesn't like you" - So it's a badge of honor now.

Just need a new word for actual racism
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 11:20:04 AM EDT
[#5]
What's a Rhodesian rifle? Asking for a friend.
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 11:21:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote
FN
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 11:22:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Not sure which is worse the article or the comments.  That people believe these alternate histories is just scary.
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 11:23:34 AM EDT
[#8]
SYND 8 5 78 RHODESIAN ARMY TRAINING

Black instructor

SYND 21 12 77 BLACK ARMY RECRUITS IN TRAINING NEAR SALISBURY (HARARE)
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 11:23:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote
This, but aimless (I think) had some funny post along the lines of "I don't think all
these guys are just interested in dudes running around in short shorts"
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 11:25:33 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
Now I want one
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 11:28:07 AM EDT
[#11]
How many times do they reference Dylan Roof?
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 11:28:39 AM EDT
[#12]
Whats next, Atilia The Hun: Racist? Would the Holy Roman Empire support trump?

I mean really Rhodesia, personally I like the stories and find it interesting, but how bored of a writer/Journalist do you have to be to demonize a country that hasn't even existed since the 70's. The average person isn't going to read that article. The general public probably cannot find Zimbabwe on a map let alone know about the history of that region in Africa.

But I guess the fact that people aren't knowledgeable about it makes it good material for Historical  revisionism

The author is probably just upset his girl lost
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 11:28:48 AM EDT
[#13]
How much you want to bet the author of that piece owns a Che shirt?

Off topic:  Why the fuck did they wear shorts?
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 11:30:31 AM EDT
[#14]
Usually the mainstream media tries to avoid any and all talk of that once great country, because once you look into the situation even a political lemming can see that it really goes against their narrative.

Facing extreme military pressure from the Communist bloc plus sanctions from almost the whole world, the Rhodesian people were forced to alter their political system to "one man one vote."  Coincidentally this would also put a tribal, land-grabbing, racist, communist in power and they objected to it.  The Rhodesian government repeatedly said they wanted a country for black and white together, not white only or black only.

The problem of course is that democracy is "two wolves and a lamb voting on what's for dinner."  Anyone outside of Mugabe's Shona tribe, whether they were white or Matabele really came to oppression afterwards.  That's what happens when your country is taken over by a communist ogre.

The left, or even the world in general has made it abundantly clear even though they are supposedly in favor of a multi-racial society that no one is coming to help the white African.

No mention in the article of the utter disaster that Zimbabwe came to be?  What about the massive emmigration to South Africa?  What about the genocide Mugabe committed against the Matabele?  What's the official currency of Zimbabwe and why?  What is their farming output now compared to the 1970s?  How is their environment doing?
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 11:30:57 AM EDT
[#15]
Why don't we dance in the Army like that before we go out?
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 11:32:15 AM EDT
[#16]
Oh that black instructor that partially dissolves the racist argument? He must be an Uncle Tom, that is the only explanation!
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 11:33:50 AM EDT
[#17]
Back when the country could feed itself...
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 11:35:02 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
How much you want to bet the author of that piece owns a Che shirt?

View Quote
Read Chris Cocks FIREFORCE. great book.
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 11:38:44 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote
Because it was really hot.  I don't think Rhodesia got much snow.
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 11:38:56 AM EDT
[#20]
My response

Allow me to correct some of the points you've made in the revisionist history of this article. One Black soldiers served along side whites in the Rhodesian Army. Evidence below. Heck the second video you have a African instructor teaching whites and blacks.https://youtu.be/xMRvs00tIBc
https://youtu.be/Km46Tx32G0g
Second Rhodesia declared UDI (Independence in 1965) Which the UK wanted to stop but in the end couldn't because Rhodesia had a standing army.
Third you leave out the horrific acts committed by ZANLA and ZIPRA forces not just against whites but against blacks who refused to join the rebels. Cutting out the stomachs of pregnant mothers, Chopping limbs off as well as other body parts. ZANLA shot down a commercial airplane and the survivors were bayoneted when the rebels came upon them when the plane crashed.
Fourth the term floppy came from the fact when you shoot a terrorist the body flops over hence floppy. Its not a racist moniker.

And finally look at the policies put forth by the Mugabe regime after ZANU took over. Racist and oppressive policies against not just Whites but blacks as well. Look up Gukurahundi. Mugabe forces called the 5TH Brigade trained by the North Koreans massacred countless Africans in Matabeleland . You try to paint the Bush war as a outlying policy of Racism but it wasn't. Any part of history can be twisted and manipulated whether its by the left or the right and its obvious you have an agenda here.
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 11:39:17 AM EDT
[#21]
Rhodesia = Nazi Germany

Got it.

Author is retarded
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 11:44:06 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
FN
View Quote
Good guys FAL
Bad guys AK
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 11:47:14 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote
This. You have to wear short shorts though to complete the look.
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 11:47:43 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 11:49:33 AM EDT
[#25]
I need a baby poop green para FAL
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 11:51:20 AM EDT
[#26]
NYT painting Vickers as RASSSSIT
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 11:51:59 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 11:53:32 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Read Chris Cocks FIREFORCE. great book.
View Quote
3 Sips of Gin was also excellent.
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 11:55:26 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Jesus the derp is strong in that article. The term floppies is not racist. The term comes from when a terrorist was shot they would flop over hence floppies.

When told that the Rhodesian rifle had become a totem for American white supremacists, Selvaggio pleaded ignorance. "What I remember of it is seeing pictures of the FALs on the guys over there fighting. I don't even know what they were fighting, except against communism, from what I was told. Maybe I need to do some studying on my history here."  

link
View Quote
Communist cant be terrorist.  They are "freedom" fighters liberating a stable country from the hands of white control.  White=Supremacist.
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 11:57:26 AM EDT
[#30]
Make Zimbabwe Rhodesia Again!
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 11:57:54 AM EDT
[#31]
I seem to remember a NYT article praising Smith after he passed for staying in Zimbabwe till the end and for his generosity and caring for the blacks even keeping his household open to any and all comers to visit and talk. Funny how the NYT just flips and flops on subjects to suit the particular agenda of the moment, isn’t it?
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 12:03:49 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Oh that black instructor that partially dissolves the racist argument? He must be an Uncle Tom, that is the only explanation!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
No, the issue is that Rhodesia's military history has been bastardized by individuals.
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 12:06:48 PM EDT
[#33]
Have the leftists found a way to tie climate change to their anti assault weapon push yet? "Only racists .....".
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 12:09:31 PM EDT
[#34]
That article is full of derp.

IMHO, anyone who is fighting against communism is the good guy...
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 12:12:30 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote
RENAMO had a lot of black guerrillas that came over from the communist side.
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 12:13:27 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 12:14:18 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Now I want one
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Now I want one
Para Congo FTW.
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 12:14:53 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 12:17:26 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote
Are you saying that Rhodesia did not have systemic racism?
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 12:20:40 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Are you saying that Rhodesia did not have systemic racism?
View Quote
No I am saying that the Bush War was not caused by racism. It was caused by them hanging on and not going with the flow like the rest of the colonial territories. It became a war against Communism.

Rhodesia had some segregation policies but you had wealthy blacks as well as representation in govt. As well as blacks and whites in the same army. The main argument you get from the left is SA and Rhodesia were exactly the same which is so far off its ridiculous.
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 12:22:15 PM EDT
[#41]
South Africa learned from the Rhodesian mistakes and chose a more enlightened, egalitarian path.
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 12:22:15 PM EDT
[#42]
Do any of you pro-Rhodesians even know the major bodies of water in Zimbabwe?
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 12:27:28 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Racist is redefined as "the left doesn't like you" - So it's a badge of honor now.

Just need a new word for actual racism
View Quote
This is what the totalitarian left is doing, creating racial animosity and sowing division & hatred. Declaring anyone to the right of Mao a Nazi and a racist is intentional, they want to force their own definitions upon us in order to declare themselves morally superior. Then they will use their sense of moral superiority to dehumanize us and justify violence against us.
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 12:29:16 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Mugabe rose to power because of the Bush war, the bush war was caused by UDI, and UDI was the result of white Rhodesians refusal to consider sharing power with blacks. If they hadn't spent 20 years jailing and assassinating black leaders Mugabe would have been nothing but a school teacher.
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 12:29:36 PM EDT
[#45]
I just tried to check out Western Outlands website but it looks like it got shutdown by their hosting company according to a post on /pol

http://boards.4chan.org/pol/thread/166806438/western-outlands-supply

That fucking sucks, I hope they find someone else to host them, they had some good shirts. I bought some stuff from them back when they were branded as Right Wing Death Squad.
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 12:31:40 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 12:32:16 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 12:32:16 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Mugabe rose to power because of the Bush war, the bush war was caused by UDI, and UDI was the result of white Rhodesians refusal to consider sharing power with blacks. If they hadn't spent 20 years jailing and assassinating black leaders Mugabe would have been nothing but a school teacher.
View Quote
You do realize there were massive reports of fraud and intimidation but the British govt and the west looked the other way because they wanted it to be over. Also you realize Smith's govt was a conservative one right?
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 12:35:28 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yes the Zambezi which flows between Zambia and Zimbabwe.

Remember my mother lived in Zambia till 1979.
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 12:39:58 PM EDT
[#50]
Someone say floppies?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top