Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/22/2017 7:52:38 AM EDT
The Big Apple’s police department plans to unveil a new policy Wednesday designed to help transgender cops as they transition to a different sex.

“We’re trying to make it easier for people if they elect to transition,” a high-ranking police source said. “You have to get a new I.D. card, you have to change all your personal records.”

The policy change would put a process in place to make it easier for officer’s transitioning to another sex. He said the change is a result of a request from the Gay Officers Action League (GOAL), which serves LGBTQ cops.

“We’re just saying, ‘Hey, if you are a person that wants to identify as a different sex this is the way to do it,’” the source said.

“We’re progressing I think. We’re a little behind.”

Link
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 7:53:55 AM EDT
[#1]
IBE.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 8:03:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
IBE.
View Quote
@Extorris says the Greenwich Village pct nicknamed Fort Bruce has a lot of gay cops
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 8:09:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
@Extorris says the Greenwich Village pct nicknamed Fort Bruce has a lot of gay cops
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
IBE.
I say that?
More like EVERYONE says that.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 8:14:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I say that?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
IBE.
I say that?
Not everyone, you know there are some altar boy cops here that give me a ration of shit
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 9:10:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Thank goodness they are working on the important issues like this as opposed to stopping crime.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 9:13:54 AM EDT
[#6]
So, the thin blue sparkly line?
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 9:48:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 9:53:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Mental.

Disorder.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 6:54:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 6:58:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Mental.

Disorder.
View Quote
Yup.  Should be an identifier for immediate dismissal.  Just like it should be for .mil folk.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 9:24:10 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Yup.  Should be an identifier for immediate dismissal.  Just like it should be for .mil folk.
View Quote
Why can't a cop be gay? Would you need a gay cop to deal with gay type problems? A place like Greenwich Village has to have some gay cops to deal with gay type problems and disputes
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 10:13:57 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Why can't a cop be gay? Would you need a gay cop to deal with gay type problems? A place like Greenwich Village has to have some gay cops to deal with gay type problems and disputes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gay type problems?

Such as?
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 10:18:11 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Gay type problems?

Such as?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gay type problems?

Such as?
I thought you would know
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 10:22:03 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I thought you would know
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gay type problems?

Such as?
I thought you would know
I figured with your extensive knowledge of the gay community including Greenwich Village you could enlighten us.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 10:39:29 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I thought you would know
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gay type problems?

Such as?
I thought you would know

Link Posted: 6/23/2017 1:21:06 PM EDT
[#16]
I just assume 80% of female cops are gay, 18% are whores & 2% are "normal".

At least of the ones I dealt with.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 2:35:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I figured with your extensive knowledge of the gay community including Greenwich Village you could enlighten us.
View Quote
About the only thing I would know is rubber gloves for everything
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 3:31:50 PM EDT
[#18]
My buddy FTO'ed a transgender candidate right out of the academy.  

He was told in no uncertain terms that this "guy" will make it regardless of how he does in field training.  

Sigh.  
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 5:32:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote
Stashing that weed where the sun don't shine

It ain't only Fort Bruce
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top