Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/1/2002 6:46:10 AM EDT
I was watching "NYPD Blue" last night and right here in Texas I saw an outstanding [b]recruiting[/b] commercial for the NYPD.

It showed some scenes of NYPD officers from the rescue efforts at the WTC attack site with a deep-pitched voiceover saying that the NYPD is looking for good people. It ended with the NYPD website superimposed over the picture of an officer in a hardhat and respirator. Very moving stuff.
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 7:06:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Cool!
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 7:19:33 AM EDT
[#2]
It really was cool, Ray.

I have to admit, I was surprised to see an NYPD recruiting commercial on TV in Dallas.

I'm looking forward to shaking your hand at the BRC.
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 7:33:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Jarhead Shake his hand for everyone that isn't there.

Ben
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 4:51:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Believe me, he's not getting back out of Illinois without drinking one or more of my beers, and I'll raise a few in honor of those not present as well.
Link Posted: 5/1/2002 5:01:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Saw the same one here in NY myself and it made me wish I could go back 25 years in time and start my adult life over again.  I would def. join in another life.  My hat is off to all who serve!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top