Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Site Notices
10/30/2020 2:42:12 PM
Posted: 12/31/2003 12:12:49 PM EDT
Source: www.debka.com/

Italy’s Il Giornale reports from Washington: Al Qaeda publishes new threat to “annihilate New York” on February 2. Read more in box below Paper cites purported al Qaeda video clip threatening nuclear attack on city, claims FBI removed website carrying video clip. Authenticity of clip and web site has not been officially confirmed

With sources like these, who needs accuracy!?!

Anybody know if Hillary will be in town?
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 12:15:15 PM EDT
A bit more...

Italian Il Giornale: Al Qaeda Threatens to Nuke New York on February 2

31 December

The banner headline spread across the front page of Il Giornale, the respected Milan daily reads:

“Al Qaeda: We will destroy New York within 35 days. Threat on the Internet. Countdown begins.”

The threat was contained in a video clip featured on a web site associated with the fundamentalist terror group. It announced al Qaeda plans to destroy New York in a nuclear blast on February 2. Il Giornale claims the FBI blocked and removed the web site.

The video clip showed three possible scenarios: 1. A bomb or giant fireball from the skies that will cover the metropolis with a radioactive cloud. 2. A storm of radioactive clouds that will topple skyscrapers one by one, along with the Statue of Liberty and Brooklyn Bridge. 3. An explosion on board a charter aircraft that will cause a radioactive cloud to spread over the city.

The video clip was accompanied by large, red-lettered Arabic captions saying: “If God wills it, the end of America is near.”

DEBKAfile’s counter-terrorism sources say they cannot verify the authorship or gauge the seriousness of the threat because the Internet site is no longer accessible. But the report appeared in a newspaper widely viewed as the flagship of Italian prime minister Silvio Berlusconi. Such reports - even if not authenticated - tend to contribute to the mounting sense of alarm generated by “Orange Alert” in America and other Western countries.

It comes against the backdrop of appeals to New Year revelers to stay away from the traditional New Year’s Eve celebrations in Times Square, Rome’s St. Peter’s Square, Moscow’s Red Square and London’s Trafalgar Square – or even Disney World and the Las Vegas Strip. All these sites are surrounded by heavy security.

View Quote
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 12:18:17 PM EDT
Bring it, fuckers.
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 12:20:11 PM EDT
Why would they tell us the exact date unless it was misinformation.  They can't be THAT cocky.  They know we're doing as much as we can to catch their sorry asses, why the hell would they announce what they're going to do?  They didn't announce 9/11...
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 12:25:53 PM EDT
This info has been circulating for more than a month.

see [url]www.itshappening.com[/url].

jim
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 12:26:56 PM EDT
Could it be that they shot their wad already and are just trying to poke the "Great Satan" in the eye with a stick?

Sounds like a psyop to me.
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 12:27:57 PM EDT
“If God wills it, the end of America is near.”
View Quote

I pledge allegiance to the Flag
    of the United States of America,
and to the Republic for which it stands:
    [b]one Nation under God[/b], indivisible,
With Liberty and Justice for all.
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 12:30:47 PM EDT
If this does come true, I can't imagine any muslims being alive after the 2nd day.

Hope the cops in the US are stocked up on body bags
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 12:37:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/31/2003 12:38:01 PM EDT by brouhaha]
2/2/04 = Groundhog's Day/Armageddon

2/3/04 = My B-day [:)]
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 12:40:55 PM EDT
I'm calling a bluff. A damn good one, but a bluff.

If it happens, oh man oh man, the Middle East will become the eigth sea by the next week, something that should have happened long ago.

I always supported the claim that Mohammad was on opium the night he had those visions....
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 12:44:22 PM EDT
Originally Posted By macman37:
This info has been circulating for more than a month.
View Quote

I wouldn't say this exact story ahs been circulating for a month, but certainly the Tin Hat views have.

In any event, thanks for pointing that out.  It had a link to at least one doomsday scenario from our Muslim friends:

[url]http://www.khayma.com/iraqihell/End%20US.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 12:44:47 PM EDT
[b]“If God wills it, the end of America is near.” [/b]

Their god didn't seem to help the Arabs in Bam, Iran.  
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 12:46:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/31/2003 12:53:27 PM EDT by Rparr28922]
LOL, AL QAEDA is nothing but a joke, they have no power anymore.  They won't be doing anything in the united states. if they had a nuke they would of used it already.  its just people trying to scare us and cost of alot of money. you watch before feb the terror alert will go to orange again.  

Don't forgot to buy your duct tape and plastic. but instead of putting it over windows and door openings tie it around al qaeda's members heads and let the bastards die and get there 30 some virgins.

That video would be made before Sept 11 the twin towers are still standing in the video.  
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 12:46:29 PM EDT
Originally Posted By The_Cheat:
If this does come true, I can't imagine any muslims being alive after the 2nd day.
View Quote

..and the glow from burning mosques would illuminate the night skies nation wide.
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 12:49:27 PM EDT
Actually, yet another point of view on the "threat"...

[url]http://www.memri.org/bin/latestnews.cgi?ID=IA15603[/url]

They say it is all crap.
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 12:50:36 PM EDT
Originally Posted By osprey21:
Originally Posted By The_Cheat:
View Quote

..and the glow from burning mosques would illuminate the night skies nation wide.
View Quote

Should I start collecting beer bottles and rags?
Mapquest is great for printing out directions to PLACES.

hehehe

bring it on.
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 12:51:24 PM EDT
Originally Posted By brouhaha:
2/2/04 = Groundhog's Day/Armageddon

2/3/04 = My B-day [:)]
View Quote

If were all dead who is gonna come to your party? [:D]
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 12:55:35 PM EDT
Another thing...you guys with the "Mecca is gonna glow nuke orange" and all such comments about IF something like this were gonna happen...you would have said the same thing on Sept 10th 2001 if I said the twin towers would be destroyed. The government of this country likes to pussyfoot around and not do what it should. Jesus, we bring entire wars to a halt if one civie dies, and charge our own officers if they "intimidate" prisoners to get info out of them that can save U.S. lives. Face if our leadership sucks. I wish it were 1940 again....we didn't fuck around back then.
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 12:55:50 PM EDT
NOT THE BROOKLYN BRIDGE! I know a guy who wants to sell it to me.

Wonder if they could miss and blow up Dennis the Menaces' headquarters instead?

[;)]
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 12:56:48 PM EDT
Originally Posted By AlphaBobRI:
[url]http://www.khayma.com/iraqihell/End%20US.htm[/url]
View Quote

Interesting video; I wonder if it's a Thompson Original? [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 12:57:07 PM EDT
Oh, I get it now...

Secret Al Queda Genetically Enhanced Groundhog bores into Earth's core on Feb 2.  Magma flowing out causes tidal wave that destroys United States (only).

Hum, now where did that Super laser weapon from space come from?

Really, see the video: [url]www.khayma.com/iraqihell/End%20US.htm [/url]
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 12:57:18 PM EDT
Pffft - I only believe predictions about the future if they are from Madam Cleo or Nostradamus.  [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 1:00:02 PM EDT
Originally Posted By JIMBEAM:

View Quote

Hmmm, JIMBEAM, the Iranians are not Arabs.  They're Persians.  Completely different.  Calling Iranians "Arabs" are just like calling people in South Carolina "New Yorkers".
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 1:00:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/31/2003 1:20:39 PM EDT by Rparr28922]
they had to use frontpage 4.0 learn straight html you fucking ragheads.
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 1:01:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/31/2003 1:03:04 PM EDT by Shake]
Fuckin' dunecoon sand ninjas.

I hope they do try some stunt like that again so we can quit with the bullshitting
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 2:44:51 PM EDT
Originally Posted By second:

View Quote

Hmmm, JIMBEAM, the Iranians are not Arabs.  They're Persians.  Completely different.  Calling Iranians "Arabs" are just like calling people in South Carolina "New Yorkers".
View Quote

Actually it's more like calling Kenyans Chinamen.
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 3:15:20 PM EDT
Originally Posted By FLAL1A:
Originally Posted By second:

View Quote

View Quote

Actually it's more like calling Kenyans Chinamen.
View Quote

Thank you.  97% of Iranians are not Arabs.
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 3:28:05 PM EDT
Back in WW II the Germans knew they couldn't develop the bomb.  So, they figured on the next best thing.  Have a bomber (and they had a handful of transcontinental bombers) fly over the city and spread radioactive sand over it.  It's the dirty bomb concept but without the bomb.  No reason why Al Qaeda can't do the same.
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 4:46:25 PM EDT
I'm thinking that if these goobers manage to light off a nuke and kill a lot of people, there won't be enough police, firemen and military to protect the lives and property of muslims in this country.  That's probably what Al Qaeda wants. They want to turn all the muslims in the world against the U.S.A. Most of them hate us already so it shouldn't be a big trick.
Top Top