Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/22/2016 4:44:38 PM EDT

The city will require private building owners to update heating and power systems to help meet a goal of cutting greenhouse gas emissions 80 percent by 2050, Mayor Bill de Blasio said Friday.

The initiatives are intended to dramatically reduce greenhouse gas emissions from the city's million-plus buildings, both private and public. They include requiring building owners to update heating systems within 10 years.

Building owners also will be asked to save energy through steps including sealing roof vents in elevator shafts and covering refrigerators in retail stores.

City officials say teams of government-funded advisers will help property owners retrofit their buildings.

Link Posted: 4/22/2016 4:49:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I prefer to not live in a smog paradise, and I'm sure everyone downwind of NYC would prefer to have their pollution reduced that  emanates from NYC...
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 4:50:23 PM EDT
[#2]
HolyFarkingDogDropping. That guy needs to be run out of town on a rail by everyone that own property in NYC.......Then again some of them voted for and gave money to him....so...screw those guys.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 4:52:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I prefer to not live in a smog paradise, and I'm sure everyone downwind of NYC would prefer to have their pollution reduced that  emanates from NYC...
View Quote

NYC is not Brazil. There are already a myriad of requirements in place at the state and federal level that have been reducing smog and other crap since the 1970s. This is a SMALL government power grab that serve to bankrupt small property owners in the city of NY and make the city even more unliveable for the middle class and other people.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 4:55:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

then move. Who cares what you prefer?
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 4:59:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Building owner... Wow, that is gonna be Hugely expensive.  I guess Ill have to jack my rents up.

Building Occupant... HEY, you cant jack up my rent!

Building Owner...  tell it To Red Billy, you commie pinko
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 5:00:31 PM EDT
[#6]

I'll make a point of farting whenever I have to pass through, just in protest.

Link Posted: 4/22/2016 5:02:56 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

HolyFarkingDogDropping. That guy needs to be run out of town on a rail by everyone that own property in NYC.......Then again some of them voted for and gave money to him....so...screw those guys.
View Quote

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/10/donald-trump-bill-de-blasio-new-york-city-099177

Business mogul Donald Trump is optimistic about the future of New
York City if Democratic candidate Bill de Blasio wins the mayoral
election.

"I think pretty strongly that he’ll end up being a good mayor, maybe
a very good mayor and I don’t think he’s going to want to kill the
golden goose,” Trump told an Albany radio station Thursday, according to
the New York Daily News.

Link Posted: 4/22/2016 5:06:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The city will require private building owners to update heating and power systems to help meet a goal of cutting greenhouse gas emissions 80 percent by 2050, Mayor Bill de Blasio said Friday.

The initiatives are intended to dramatically reduce greenhouse gas emissions from the city's million-plus buildings, both private and public. They include requiring building owners to update heating systems within 10 years.

Building owners also will be asked to save energy through steps including sealing roof vents in elevator shafts and covering refrigerators in retail stores.

City officials say teams of government-funded advisers will help property owners retrofit their buildings.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_GREENER_CITIES?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2016-04-22-16-29-50

View Quote

Bwahahahahha "Teams of government-funded advisers will help property owners retroit their buildings"....

Teams of government inspectors
Teams of government advisers
Teams of government approved contractors,electricians,and plumbers...and waste disposal....

Lots of cheap property for sale ten years down the line I suspect.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 5:08:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Says the guy from a third world country?

ETA: And I wasn't aware that the breeze from NYC ended up in Brazil.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 5:17:01 PM EDT
[#10]
wouldn't downwind end up being the Atlantic for quite a ways.

Mayor DAblohole is a major producer of hot air.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 5:26:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Mayor DAblohole is a major producer of hot air.
View Quote

That was my thought. Western Europe or Africa might be "downwind" of NYC... but I can't see how friggin BRAZIL is. It's like a brazillion miles south of there.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 5:30:11 PM EDT
[#12]
If that communist fuckstick wants to cut down on green house gases, he can do so by shutting his fucking trap first.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 5:30:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Building owner... Wow, that is gonna be Hugely expensive.  I guess Ill have to jack my rents up.

Building Occupant... HEY, you cant jack up my rent!

Building Owner...  tell it To Red Billy, you commie pinko
View Quote

City Official:  You are in violation of rent controls, here's your fine.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 5:33:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

CT receives all the pollution from NYC. I don't live there, but I certainly would not want to live in an area where the pollution of one city impacts my air quality.

Link Posted: 4/22/2016 6:09:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_GREENER_CITIES?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2016-04-22-16-29-50

View Quote

Lol
yelling at the landscaper while the house collapses.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 6:41:33 PM EDT
[#16]
He's going to shut his mouth?
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 6:49:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

http://www.politico.com/story/2013/10/donald-trump-bill-de-blasio-new-york-city-099177

Business mogul Donald Trump is optimistic about the future of New York City if Democratic candidate Bill de Blasio wins the mayoral election.

"I think pretty strongly that he’ll end up being a good mayor, maybe a very good mayor and I don’t think he’s going to want to kill the golden goose,” Trump told an Albany radio station Thursday, according to the New York Daily News.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Business mogul Donald Trump is optimistic about the future of New York City if Democratic candidate Bill de Blasio wins the mayoral election.

"I think pretty strongly that he’ll end up being a good mayor, maybe a very good mayor and I don’t think he’s going to want to kill the golden goose,” Trump told an Albany radio station Thursday, according to the New York Daily News.

You must not have read  what the RNC/GOPe said in their optimistic hope of the Chocolate Messiah back in 2008. Many of them support Ted Cruz right now.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 6:56:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

CT receives all the pollution from NYC. I don't live there, but I certainly would not want to live in an area where the pollution of one city impacts my air quality.

http://www.intellicast.com/WxImages/WINDcast/roc_003.jpg?t=794
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.intellicast.com/WxImages/WINDcast/roc_003.jpg?t=794

If the government just forces your will on others, it will all be unicorns and rainbows.

Why don't you pay for it?
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 7:57:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Nevermind
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top