Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/17/2009 10:40:32 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 10:42:22 AM EDT
[#1]

5-foot-6 to 5-foot-9, about 150 pounds and bald.

Overpowered 2 cops? Another win for AA?
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 10:43:16 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

5-foot-6 to 5-foot-9, about 150 pounds and bald.

sounds like a typical ARFCOMMMER

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 10:46:14 AM EDT
[#3]
The cops should have asked him some probing questions so that they could have determined ahead of time that he was about to do this.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 1:46:13 PM EDT
[#4]

Photos of whats happening via Daily Herald

An intense manhunt is ongoing in an area of apartment complexes in southern Arlington Heights, east of the Mitsuwa shopping center and north of Algonquin Road, as police try to capture a serial robber who escaped from court custody this morning.

The suspect, identified by police as Robert R. Maday, 39, of Elk Grove Village, was reportedly last seen armed and on foot in that area.

He apparently overpowered two state's attorney's office investigators who were transporting him to the Rolling Meadows courthouse this morning.

The investigators and Maday were on their way from the Kankakee County jail to a sentencing hearing, said Cook County state's attorney's office spokeswoman Tandra Simonton. Neither investigator was injured, Simonton added. Maday was in line for a 13-year prison sentence for four aggravated robberies of women last October in Schaumburg.

Arlington Heights police said Maday has two handguns in his possession. He forced one of the investigators to switch clothes with him, shedding his orange prisoner pants for the investigator's dark khakis and taking the investigator's shoes, according to Rolling Meadows Deputy Police Chief Dave Scanlan.

He was arrested in Schaumburg on Dec. 29, at which time he was out on parole for a bank robbery conviction in Pennsylvania, authorities said. Maday also faces charges of robbing a Buffalo Grove bank in December and a Huntley bank in November.

Maday is considered armed and dangerous was last seen in the 2100 block of South Goebbert Road, Arlington Heights police said. Police have been using dogs to patrol the area, and are telling anyone who sees the suspect to keep their distance and call 911 immediately.

Maday is said to be a 39-year-old white male, about 5 feet 9 inches tall, with a slender build and wearing a light T-shirt, black Dockers pants and possibly a black vest.

Scanlan surmises Maday overpowered the investigators somewhere on I-90 and that the car exited the tollway in Rolling Meadows. He said Maday abandoned the car, locking the two investigators inside the vehicle. He then ran to the Meijer's parking lot, where at about 10:45 a.m. he hijacked a car at gunpoint from a woman who had come there to shop.

That car was later found abandoned in the 300 block of East Algonquin Road in Arlington Heights, near Boston Blackies, and police believe Maday has been on foot in that area since.

Elk Grove Township Elementary District 59 has all its schools on lockdown at this hour, and morning kindergartners are being kept at school until the situation is resolved. All District 211 high schools, as well as Rolling Meadows and Elk Grove high schools also are on lockdown, as is Forest View Educational Center in Arlington Heights. Several businesses in the area have also locked their doors.

Arlington Heights police sent a reverse 911 call to residents and businesses at the southern end of the village, alerting them through a recorded message of the armed man at large who is considered dangerous.

The search includes police from a multitude of jurisdictions, dogs and helicopters.

Doug Hajek, spokesman for Arlington Heights Police, said officers are studying blueprints of the apartment buildings where they think Maday may be holed up.

Carmela Garcia, 24, who lives in the condo building right next to the heart of the search, said when she returned from work at Chipotle in Rolling Meadows, she tried to get into the building but a police officer told her, "Get out of here –– do you want to get shot?"

She said she was worried about her brother Fabian, 11. "My little brother, he's been sick so he's been staying home," she said. Her mother was calling Holmes school, trying to learn if he was there, she said.

A Palatine family was watching the police lockdown from the Mitsuwa parking lot. Relatives were in one of the buildings where the search was underway, said Vanessa Betancourt, 19, who was with her two brothers, mother and son.

This is not the first time something like this has happened at these apartments, she said, but family members seemed more curious than worried. Police with dogs were patrolling and searching the area. Betancourt said she came over to the complex after Palatine High School was put on lockdown.

Check back at dailyherald.com for further details as soon as they become available.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 1:50:36 PM EDT
[#5]
do they not shackle these punks????full irons around wrist and ankles and through the belt.....memo to cops....EPIC FAIL!!!!
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 2:04:24 PM EDT
[#6]
How the fuck do you disarm two officers while in transit? I remember a while back here in FL when a perp slipped out of his handcuffs while in the backseat of a patrol car without a cage, grabbed the officer in the passenger seats gun and shot them both. Very sad, but I would think you would be a little more wise when transporting a felon.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 2:12:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Well, at least the good people of Chicago have GUNS to protect themselves with!

Just saying that makes me want to throw up.

HH
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 2:17:50 PM EDT
[#8]
With no CCW in IL it's pretty easy for this perp to stay on the run.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 2:19:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Holy shit, my home is quite near to that area.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 2:21:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
With no CCW in IL it's pretty easy for this perp to stay on the run.

Basically I live about 10 minutes from all of this too, I just got home from work too. You can see the helicopters circling in the air when I was on my way home. I have my Kimber on my hip, confined to the house though. Stupid Illinois laws.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 2:26:46 PM EDT
[#11]
If that thug makes it over the Kane co. border near my house he'll be DRT.

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 2:38:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Is it true that within Chicago city limits, homeowners cannot have guns even in their home?
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 2:38:06 PM EDT
[#13]
5 foot 9, 150 pounds?

That guy some kind of kung fu master to take out two armed officers without actually killing them?
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 2:40:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Send him south.

We'll be delighted to 'help' him in Champaign.

John
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 2:47:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Manhunt turns up nothing; robber not found in Arlington Heights apartment according to headlines. Aw shit
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 2:56:44 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Is it true that within Chicago city limits, homeowners cannot have guns even in their home?

Not true.  But the city does what it can to make residents jump through flaming hoops in order to legally possess them.

Handguns must have been registered as of 1982, and owners must re-register them every year.  Any handgun that was not registered by 1982 cannot be registered, and cannot be legally owned within the city limits.  Magazine capacity cannot exceed 12 rounds.  "Assault weapon" ban in place.  Basically, you're limited to fudd guns, pump shotguns, and weapons like the Garand or the SKS.  But those have to be registered yearly as well.

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 3:00:20 PM EDT
[#17]
If his guy heads south on Route 83, he's mine
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 3:02:09 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
If his guy heads south on Route 83, he's mine

Likewise if he passes Palatine and Arlington Heights Road.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 3:02:51 PM EDT
[#19]
L@@K OUT CHICAGO!

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 3:02:53 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Not true.  But the city does what it can to make residents jump through flaming hoops in order to legally possess them.

Handguns must have been registered as of 1982, and owners must re-register them every year.  Any handgun that was not registered by 1982 cannot be registered, and cannot be legally owned within the city limits.  Magazine capacity cannot exceed 12 rounds.  "Assault weapon" ban in place.  Basically, you're limited to fudd guns, pump shotguns, and weapons like the Garand or the SKS.  But those have to be registered yearly as well.

Got it.

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 3:03:07 PM EDT
[#21]
Theres fucking Criminals in the Illinois Government that are more dangerous than this.
Then you have the real gang bangers on the streets,  countless numbers and far more dangerous than mister toy gun man.

Pull it together man, just hide all of the super soakers and you will be fine...
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 1:54:21 PM EDT
[#22]
Well, they got him, but this pic...

Link Posted: 9/21/2009 6:56:01 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v151/gregw45/way2go.jpg

Chewbacca has really let himself go

Link Posted: 9/21/2009 7:21:32 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v151/gregw45/way2go.jpg

That is the Wookies civilian defense force.She even approved the designer camo.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top