from nrapvf.org

Link Posted: 10/18/2004 1:35:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Who the fuck is Ron Paul?
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 1:36:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 1:37:57 PM EDT
[#3]
It probably has something to due with if Ron Paul had his way, there'd be very little reason for the NRA to exist.

Link Posted: 10/18/2004 1:42:09 PM EDT
[#4]
They gave Ron Paul a "B" because he opposed the Frivolous Lawsuit Protection for gun manufacturers on Constitutional grounds.

Stupid move by the NRA if you ask me. They give people who are a lot less solid than Rep. Ron Paul an "A" and then give the best ally they have in Congress a "B" because he won't violate his oath to protect the Constitution just to advance a cause he believes in.

Hopefully it at least signals that the NRA is being more serious about the grades it gives out and that they one day might serve as a useful guide for people that can be trusted. Until then, I am still using the GOA grades.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 1:45:10 PM EDT
[#5]
They did endorse him for reelection.

CRC
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 1:48:10 PM EDT
[#6]
My rep, Virgil Goode, has an A+.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 1:48:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 1:51:50 PM EDT
[#8]
14  PAUL  R  A+  

That is from GOA.

Link Posted: 10/18/2004 2:00:20 PM EDT
[#9]

Dear Friend,

Man's nature is unchanging, and so are the principles of liberty. And when I raise my hand to swear to Almighty God that I will preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution, I mean it with all my heart, as you would. That's why, before every vote
I take, I ask if the legislation under consideration is constitutional. Of course, it virtually never is. That's why they call me, "Dr. No." I will not support any bill that violates the Constitution.
Signed by Ron Paul

So he'd probably be cool with a gay marriage ammendment and marijuana legalization then?

Right on!
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 2:01:15 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
They gave Ron Paul a "B" because he opposed the Frivolous Lawsuit Protection for gun manufacturers on Constitutional grounds.

Stupid move by the NRA if you ask me. They give people who are a lot less solid than Rep. Ron Paul an "A" and then give the best ally they have in Congress a "B" because he won't violate his oath to protect the Constitution just to advance a cause he believes in.

Hopefully it at least signals that the NRA is being more serious about the grades it gives out and that they one day might serve as a useful guide for people that can be trusted. Until then, I am still using the GOA grades.

Why does he feel it unconstitutional??? I'm not aware of any other company that has been sued because thier product was used by a criminal to commit a crime. Look at all the car companies that would get sued because some drunk was driving one of thier cars and slammed into somone and killed them.

I just don't see how it would be unconstitutional.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 2:04:22 PM EDT
[#11]
RON PAUL deserves an A F*ing PLUS
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 2:05:00 PM EDT
[#12]
I think it's a constitutional regulation of interstate commerce. Firearms commerce is almost all interstate these days, after all.

Ron Paul is a good guy and though I don't agree with him on everything he is one of the best supporters of the 2nd amendment in Congress.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 2:12:16 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Why does he feel it unconstitutional??? I'm not aware of any other company that has been sued because thier product was used by a criminal to commit a crime. Look at all the car companies that would get sued because some drunk was driving one of thier cars and slammed into somone and killed them.

Check his website, he has a statement explaining his vote there.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 2:33:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Dr. Paul is a staunch supporter of the 2nd Amendment, and I would vote for him in a heartbeat if I could.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 3:46:37 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Check his website, he has a statement explaining his vote there.

Thanks will do.

I talked to aguy who didn't support the PLCA and got him to lokk at it a different way, than he thought well yah it makes sence.

I used the same drunk driver car maker thing.

I mean really just imagine what would happen to the auto industry if somone sued a car maker everytime a drunk killed somone when driving and it was allowed to go through. It would destroy the auto industry. You don't see those types of lawsuits because for the most part people wouldn't hold a car maker responcable for the actions of drunk driver, right. Than why hold gun makers liable for the actions of criminals.........

It happens all the time doesn't it. Lawsuits against gunmakers for the actions of individuals. I got no problem with somone suing because of anctual unsafe firearm design, but I haven't seen any gun I'd consider an unsafe design, but than again, I'm only into some types of guns so there could be some out there.

I'll check out his site though and see what he says thanks for letting me know.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 3:49:38 PM EDT
[#16]
ONe thing IVe seen while researching canidates is the NRA will give someone an A and GOA will only give them a B or C.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 4:00:37 PM EDT
[#17]
To All:

Ron Paul is the man who is most responsible for KEEPING the AWB renewal off the House of  Representatives floor so no vote could be taken.  

He saved our BACON and NRA gives him a "B".hat
woofe
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 4:06:37 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
District 14
(R) *RON PAUL B

from nrapvf.org

My Representitive, Sander Levin got an F.

There is no way he's going to lose either.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 4:16:21 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 4:18:57 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Who the fuck is Ron Paul?

Link Posted: 10/18/2004 4:20:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 4:20:36 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 4:53:13 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 5:29:05 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
It probably has something to due with if Ron Paul had his way, there'd be very little reason for the NRA to exist.

+1 Exactly correct.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top