Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/28/2002 5:45:44 AM EDT
I have been thinking of ways to repeal most of  the laws that place restrictions upon the second amendment, and unless I am mistaken one way to do it would be via executive order from the President.

What I am wondering is why doesn't the NRA form a grassroots party and base it solely upon the 2nd amendment.  If they could get a significant amount of people to vote for them in the polls that are taken prior to the actually election, they could then inform the other 2 candidates(assuming Rep. and Dem.) that whomever vows to repeal all the concerned laws will receive their full-fledged support, and they will withdraw from contention.
Link Posted: 7/28/2002 5:58:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/28/2002 6:01:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I have been thinking of ways to repeal most of  the laws that place restrictions upon the second amendment, and unless I am mistaken one way to do it would be via executive order from the President.
View Quote

I realize that it may seem as if we live in a dictatorship sometimes, but the president "theoretically" cannot overturn "laws" by exceutive fiat. Why are you so concerned about the 2nd amendment? What about the rest of the Constitution?
Link Posted: 7/28/2002 6:10:10 AM EDT
[#3]
sorry,

NRA = compromise
"shall not be infringed." = no compromise.

the NRA has sold our hides once to often to be my voice in Washington.
Link Posted: 7/28/2002 6:15:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

I realize that it may seem as if we live in a dictatorship sometimes, but the president "theoretically" cannot overturn "laws" by exceutive fiat. Why are you so concerned about the 2nd amendment? What about the rest of the Constitution?
View Quote

I guess I should not have solely stated the executive order route.(appointing judges as well other things)

Basically  what I am saying is for the NRA to try to gain more influence in washington by showing the politicians that they actually do have a large percentage of voters behind them.
Link Posted: 7/28/2002 7:09:45 AM EDT
[#5]
It used to be that we could depend on the US having a conservative base.  Kennedy won the election of '60 by voter fraud, Johnson and Carter wooed a lot of conservatives because they were Southerners.  Kinton won because of Periot and the fact very few people knew anything about him.  None of those presidents were elected because of an anti-conservative movement.

This last election was different.  Gore got 50% of the vote.  That 50% represented a hard core liberal base.  The liberal core is getting larger because of immigration and the growth of the big cities.

I think all is lost.  I think that after Bush there will not not be a Republican or conservative president for a long time.  Hilary Kinton can be president by winning only a few states, mostly populated by third worlders.  Go to any big city and you will see what I'm talking about.

Be afraid, very afraid.

Talking about a NRA president is interesting but is a waste of time.
Link Posted: 7/28/2002 8:21:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
It used to be that we could depend on the US having a conservative base.  snip
This last election was different.  Gore got 50% of the vote.  That 50% represented a hard core liberal base.  The liberal core is getting larger because of immigration and the growth of the big cities.
View Quote

Election fraud was rampant last election. The voter fraud in Cal alone was easily 2 million. The liberal base is not 50%. The real liberal base is under 40%, IMO, and has not changed much in 50 years. what makes me think this? I read a book some, once.

Quoted:
I think all is lost.  I think that after Bush there will not not be a Republican or conservative president for a long time.  Hilary Kinton can be president by winning only a few states, mostly populated by third worlders.  Go to any big city and you will see what I'm talking about.

Be afraid, very afraid.
snip
View Quote

We can hope our leaders wise up and not let the Clinton gang of criminals back into power. The Clinton gang was taking the country into a very real civil war over guns and religion. The Clinton gang was about to dismantle this country's military in favor of a world dictatorship by the UN. The Clinton gang was about to impose an enormous tax to fund the UN. With the very real war against Islamics extremists, the conservatives in power may be ready to save the USA from ruin from within, as well as from without. Let's hope so. We still have hope.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top