Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/6/2002 11:39:05 AM EDT
In light of all the NRA bashing going on which pisses me off to no end I will sign one person up for a year to test Drive it. There are going to be a couple requirements and I will decide who gets it.

Sure they are not perfect and sometimes really suck. That is why I write them along with all my representatives.

Requirements

Tell us why you’re not a current member and why you want to be one. That’s all

A couple Moral rules should also be followed.

1. If you can afford it but you’re just lazy to join go [url=membership.nrahq.org/forms/signup.asp?CampaignID=XR014626]Here!!![/url] For Christ sake it's the price of a box of decent ammo.
2. Current NRA Members need not apply

If anyone else feels like donating a membership feel free to post it in here.

Link Posted: 7/6/2002 11:47:13 AM EDT
[#1]
AWESOME IDEA---interesting to see who will take you up on this.

#1 RULE Should be: Financial need.

Laziness should not be a selection criteria!
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 11:49:09 AM EDT
[#2]
The NRA is like the kommie mommies, in that they use membership numbers for political advantage.

We have a vocal anti @ work, I have decided to purchase him a memebership and add his info to our database. He is about to become a member of one of our countries largest PAC's, and support our cause thru his name. What a guy, I would have never thought. A true American hero.

Link Posted: 7/6/2002 11:58:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Me Me!
I want the magazine, it is cool sometimes....
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 12:16:28 PM EDT
[#4]
I haven't joined the NRA because, 1. It cost money and I didn't believe it would help, and 2. because I've been in the dark about what is really going on.  Before browsing the internet and finding out the real facts concerning the slow theft of our firearm rights, I really could not see how bad things have become.  Growing up all my life I've never heard anyone tell me that one day I might loose my right to own firearms.  If someone had said it to me I wouldn't have believed them.  Its only recently and in a big part because of this board, and a few others that I have been brought out from behind the shadows.  I am now truely worried that the day will come when I have to choose between my life and my firearms.  Its up to you to decide who you want to give a membership to, but this is my answer.     Bill3508                                              
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 1:24:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Only one real reply.  If noone else by 5:00pm EST Monday bill3508 wins it by default. [;D]
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 1:32:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Well I got off my ass, clicked on the link you provided and signed up.  Something I have been putting off for way too long.
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 1:42:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 1:58:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Well, the main reason I've not become a member is because I haven't had the resources to keep up my yearly dues since I'm in law school and I would rather frequent my local range or ammo dealer and enjoy the sport with people like me at the ranges.  I also haven't joined because I don't feel the NRA has attacked issues that need to be addressed.  I also feel that voting rights play a large part in how I vote, which makes me proactive in the preservation of my gun rights.  I could be more proactive in joining, which is why I think I would be worthy of contention for a membership.

I also deserve the membership because I'm in law school, studying the 2nd Amendment, writing for the NRA contests and learning as much as possible to try and make a difference one day.  I've also tried to work my way into 2nd Amendment firms in NY in an attempt at actually using my degree one day to help out a cause I feel very pationately for.  I'd be happy to email a paper I've recently worked on, specifically on assault weapons if interested.  

Edited to add:
The money is also a reason why I haven't become a member of AR15.com, care to sponsor me there also?  I'll send a CD of every picture I took on 9/11 at G-zero as thanks!

Link Posted: 7/8/2002 1:17:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Balzac72

Send me Name address, phone Number, and what Mag you want.

My E-Mail Address is in my profile.

Thanks,

Link Posted: 7/8/2002 1:52:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Before you start giving away free memberships to the NRA, you should consider giving away free memberships to AR15.com, then to the Second Amendment Foundation, THEN to the NRA.

[:D]
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 2:02:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Ben, since you're telling the man HIS business- how about YOU provide that free membership to AR15.COM- and maybe go 50-50 on the SAF membership. [8D]
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 2:14:07 PM EDT
[#12]
You know what? I think I will provide a free membership to AR15.com.

Tweet... you want to become a Team AR15.com Member?

HAHA!

I'll go halvsies on a SAF membership for someone.
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 2:29:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Why haven't I joined the NRA?  Simple:

$$$$$$$$$.  I have none.  I'm lucky if my wife and I can pay our bills each month.  With 3 hungry mouths to feed and college loans, an NRA membership has to wait.  I wanted one from my wife for our anniversary, but we don't have the money (we're getting each other cards).  As for the price of a box of decent ammo... I don't have that, either, at the moment (heck, I don't even have my AR completed!).

Why do I want one:I've only been a gun owner since May of 2000, when I realized I'd have to move into a not-so-nice part of a big city and leave my wife and kids alone at night while I worked.  That convinced me that a gun was important.  Before then, guns just didn't register on my radar.  I was much too interested in medieval weaponry.  Once I got a gun I started researching gun ownership, self-defense, and the 2nd Amendment.  By the time I realized the importance of RKBA organizations, I didn't/don't have the $$ to become a member.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top