Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/21/2002 6:26:25 PM EDT
Buddy of mine had one on his key chain and got circled by the cops at a airport. They made a deal he give up and he got to fly.
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 6:30:08 PM EDT
[#1]
This country is finished. Cops scared of a fake bullet. Symbolism over substance.

Link Posted: 7/21/2002 7:12:04 PM EDT
[#2]
As far as I'm concerned, the terrorist as won. Their goal was to disrupt our way of life. And that is exactly what is happening. Patriot act,TIPS'ters, we are giving up liberties and privacy in the name of security and costing this country billions to do it. And these camel jockeys did it all for probably much less than a million bucks on 9-11. Yea' were winning the war on terrorism alright. Were more screwed up now than we have ever been.
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 7:32:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Fuckin' idiots.

"oooh nooo, a nail clipper" [wets pants]

Here's one for ya:

I was listening to Dick Marcinko's radio show.  He was in an airport, (Dulles I think) and he had one of his "Rogue Warrior Action Figures" in his carry-on.  It was in the box, sealed up.  The TOY was a carrying a MP-5 (you know, about 1/32 scale, made of plastic).  

The IDIOT security people wouldn't let him on the plane with it!  He finally got a supervisor and Demo Dick tried to talk common sense into her (something like, [b]I'M[/b] the dangerous weapon here, NOT the little piece of plastic the doll is carrying).  

The supervisor eventually came to the conclusion that the toy MP-5 was a "gun replica" and as such is prohibited.  

They actually made one of the country's foremost experts on counterterrorism, and undenied patriot(and they DID know who he was), throw away a 2" plastic submachine gun!

I say again, fucking idiots, over.  
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 9:23:02 PM EDT
[#4]
What station is Marcinko on?
Thanks
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 9:28:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Buddy of mine had one on his key chain and got circled by the cops at a airport. They made a deal he give up and he got to fly.
View Quote

Did he glare at them and growl, "From my cold, dead hands."?
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 9:30:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
What station is Marcinko on?
Thanks
View Quote

[url]http://www.talkradionetwork.com/[/url]

go there and browse to hosts.  Should be able to find it there.  
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 9:43:38 PM EDT
[#7]
When I was a child, I had a tiny cap gun, roughly 4cm long, attached to a keychain, in my "travel kit".  
The security guards realized that it had no hollow barrel, and had no ability to fire a projectile, but still insisted that I give them the toy.
I wrote my name and address on a brown, padded, envelope with the understanding that they would mail the toy to me.
They didn't.
I'm bitter.
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 9:43:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Airport security gave me a hard time for my zippo lighter and spark plug keychain when I traveled in May of this year.  I wonder whats next, they'll confiscate car alarm key fob because it might used to detonate remote bombs?  
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 10:01:57 PM EDT
[#9]
I have a rifle - for fightin' - & a gun - for funnin'. The former I can leave at home.

Blaster out.
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 10:29:04 PM EDT
[#10]
I sometime think the Airport get some of the dumbest people to work for them.

My friend flew in March he had a Cigar cutter and they took it. But they did not even look in his can of cookies his mother made him. Went thru the metal detector and all.
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 12:04:35 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Airport security gave me a hard time for my zippo lighter and spark plug keychain when I traveled in May of this year.  I wonder whats next, they'll confiscate car alarm key fob because it might used to detonate remote bombs?
View Quote

Sssshhhhh!  Don't give them any ideas.
Quoted:
My friend flew in March he had a Cigar cutter and they took it. But they did not even look in his can of cookies his mother made him. Went thru the metal detector and all.
View Quote

Good thing, otherwise they might have made him toss his cookies.
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 1:10:54 AM EDT
[#12]
Man I feel safer already.

Well, the airlines had the biggest dollar lost quarter in a long time. In a year or two, it won't make any difference since all of the airline companies will probably be out of business anyways. I refuse to fly unless it is a positive must.

I agree that the terrorists have pretty much won round one. The USA is drastically different post-9/11. The govt is battening down and the hatches, but telling the sheeple to carry on life as normal. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that this all of this security at the airports is not normal.
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 3:51:51 AM EDT
[#13]
i read recently where Joe Foss, former head of the NRA, retired Marine General, Medal of Honor recipient, and all around swell guy had his NRA silver bullet taken at the airport and also got delayed (are y'all sittin down) because security thought his Medal of Honor could be a japanese throwing star!!!!  WTF????
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 5:46:54 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
As far as I'm concerned, the terrorist as won. Their goal was to disrupt our way of life. And that is exactly what is happening. Patriot act,TIPS'ters, we are giving up liberties and privacy in the name of security and costing this country billions to do it. And these camel jockeys did it all for probably much less than a million bucks on 9-11. Yea' were winning the war on terrorism alright. Were more screwed up now than we have ever been.
View Quote

I hate to admit it, but after reading this thread, Stronghorn, I agree with you.

What pisses (and scares me) off the most is the seeming inability of this country to grow a pair and FIGHT BACK. So far, the only people I've seen inconvenienced are the Good Guys.

As for what happened in Afghanistan: Big Effin' Deal! We're still hearing "chatter", we've got Arab extremists shooting up airports, threats up the wazoo, and what's our response...

Make sure the detainees (can't call them "prisoners" or "terrorists" you know) have A/C, Korans, prair caps, and vegetarian meals while our soldiers sweat their bals off.

We're finished unless we grow a pair FAST.

Sorry to be so glum. I hate it, but it's all I see.
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 6:05:10 AM EDT
[#15]
Here's a similar story.  This one happened to my little brother back in the early 80's.  He was travelling with a 4" long capgun in the shape of a .30-30 lever rifle.  It was kinda cool in that cocking the lever actually pulled back the hammer and the trigger actually worked.  

Anyway, the airport goons made him ship it in...get this... a cardboard box made to fit a full sized rifle.  I remember him getting it in the mail 3 days later.  We all got a laugh out of the huge box with the gun rattling around in the bottom.

-White Horse
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top