Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 8/9/2002 9:31:22 AM EST
[Last Edit: 8/9/2002 9:33:04 AM EST by Benjamin0001]
Gen Norman Swartzkopf as the President of the National Rifle Association. To my way of thinking he is the only man. Write the NRA, Tell them you want STORMIN NORMAN FOR PRESIDENT OF THE NRA. [center][marines][USA][-=(_)=-][USA][marines][/center]
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 9:35:39 AM EST
Questions: 1. Is he pro-gun?? 2. Is he pro Second Amendment??? 3. Is he pro assault rifles for the citizens? 4. Is he pro repealing of the GCA of 1934, 1968, 1986 and 1994?
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 9:43:00 AM EST
Poll?
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 9:45:30 AM EST
[url]www.nrawinningteam.com/bod/[/url] Likely will come from the present board. Several famous names there.
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 9:45:36 AM EST
[url]http://www.tnugent.com/[/url]
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 9:46:23 AM EST
Originally Posted By garandman: Questions: 1. Is he pro-gun?? 2. Is he pro Second Amendment??? 3. Is he pro assault rifles for the citizens? 4. Is he pro repealing of the GCA of 1934, 1968, 1986 and 1994?
View Quote
Hey, I'm all of these!!! 2whiskeyP for pres!!![50] Ok ok maybe not pres but..it seems like Stormin would agree, it only seems right.[:)]
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 9:49:10 AM EST
[Last Edit: 8/9/2002 9:50:33 AM EST by Fearandloathing37]
Lets see Garandman, Norman Schwarzkopf led a war that helped Israel and the Jews, thus Schwarzkopf does not meet your standards for head of the NRA, Right. Of course the only person who could meet Garandmans political test for NRA President would be David Duke.
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 9:49:48 AM EST
[Last Edit: 8/9/2002 12:40:44 PM EST by ilikelegs]
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 9:50:49 AM EST
Originally Posted By Fearandloathing37: Lets see Garandman, Norman Schwarzkopf led a war that helped Israel and the Jews, thus Schwarzkopf does not meet your standards for head of the NRA, Right. Of course the only person who could meet Garandmans political test for NRA President would be David Duke.
View Quote
Bite me.
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 9:52:20 AM EST
[url=www.nrawinningteam.com/bios99/innis.html]Roy Innis[/url] looks interesting, but I'd need to know how good a public speaker he is. Heston's biggest advantage (other than his name) was his speaking ability.
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 9:54:02 AM EST
I humbly nominate myself.
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 9:59:21 AM EST
Originally Posted By ilikelegs:
Originally Posted By garandman: Questions: 1. Is he pro-gun?? 2. Is he pro Second Amendment??? 3. Is he pro assault rifles for the citizens? 4. Is he pro repealing of the GCA of 1934, 1968, 1986 and 1994?
View Quote
3 and 4 matter to me most since 1 and 2 are a given. .
View Quote
I guess not knowing Schwarzkopf, I wasn't aware 1 and 2 were a given. Just because someone has served in the military doesn't make them pro-gun for the citizenry. If he in fact does support 1 and 2, I'd vote for him. If he also supports 3 and 4, I'll be his biggest fan.
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 10:10:22 AM EST
[Last Edit: 8/9/2002 12:41:23 PM EST by ilikelegs]
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 10:14:23 AM EST
Proof once again that Garandman lives in a John Birch Sociaty dream world. There is not one candidate for NRA Chairman, who would support the repeal of GCA 1934. There is no candidate out there who would support selling full auto Thompsons and M16's at the corner drugstore, such a candidate would destroy the NRA as the liberals would use such a candidate to prove to the American people once and for all that the NRA was not fit to play on the American political scene. If we put forth such a candidate our gun rights would be destroyed in just a couple of years. But like I said before Garandman, David Duke would most likely be your best hope for a candidate that meets your wacked out criteria for NRA President.
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 10:23:03 AM EST
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 10:56:53 AM EST
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 11:01:50 AM EST
Originally Posted By Fearandloathing37: But like I said before Garandman, David Duke would most likely be your best hope for a candidate that meets your wacked out criteria for NRA President.
View Quote
Bite me.
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 11:53:42 AM EST
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 11:59:22 AM EST
I'd like to see Wayne outta there, and have the organization endorse people who aren't republicans more often. Like maybe a libertarian.
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 12:01:14 PM EST
Originally Posted By Emoto: I'd like to see Wayne outta there, and have the organization endorse people who aren't republicans more often. Like maybe a libertarian.
View Quote
I second getting Lapierre outta there. Theres so others out there that could do a lot better job.
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 12:03:43 PM EST
have the organization endorse people who aren't republicans more often.
View Quote
I'd be happy if the Non Repeating Arms association would just quit endorsing anti-gun republicans because they're republican and not a democrat.
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 12:06:31 PM EST
Ted Nugent gets my vote.
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 12:08:48 PM EST
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 12:19:00 PM EST
I would not make any assumptions about Gen Norman Swartzkopf's positions on assault weapons, etc. Somebody better ask him. In the meantime, I nominate Ann Coulter. [hubba, hubba]
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 12:24:06 PM EST
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 12:25:09 PM EST
[Last Edit: 8/9/2002 12:29:21 PM EST by USNA91]
Methinks that this was a bit over the top... Edited to add: Man, can you imagine the unbelievable ass-reamings that Our Girl Anne would deliver? WHHOOOOEEEE! Maybe I need to rethink my vote for Stormin' Norman after all! Imagine the reactions at NOW and DU! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! CLASSIC!
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 12:29:07 PM EST
I saw roy innis on tv a couple of years ago, I think he did well. My personal choice would be professor walter E williams. For visibility's sake, I'd say Tom Selleck.
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 12:52:08 PM EST
[Last Edit: 8/9/2002 12:56:28 PM EST by Benjamin0001]
I did some checking and here is what I have found references to. But not by Swarzkopf himself. He hunts upland game. He hunts Big Game. He has gone on or does go on Safari's That is all I have found. I found nothing on the record from him on the second Amendment. I don't know what his stance is on the Assault Weapons ban. However, I know that he is honest, Straightforward, Decent, Direct and to the point. His caliber as an officer and tactician and Warrior are unsurpassed. The man has BIG BRASS BALLS and he cares about his troops. He is one of the finest commanders America has ever produced. He is a mix of Omar Bradley's NO BULLSHIT, And carried Gen Pattons Doctrine on war fighting to the next level in Desert Storm. He is in my opinion One of the Greatest Americans Alive.
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 2:24:55 PM EST
Personally I'd like to see the next NRA President [b]not[/b] be a hunter.
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 2:50:45 PM EST
Questions: 1. Is he pro-gun?? 2. Is he pro Second Amendment??? 3. Is he pro assault rifles for the citizens? 4. Is he pro repealing of the GCA of 1934, 1968, 1986 and 1994?
View Quote
The ideal balance on 3 and 4 is a tricky one, IMHO. I believe that the ideal candidate would be in favor of repealing all of the mentioned laws (and all other laws), [b]but[/b] not make a big deal about most of them [b]at this time.[/b] If we're constantly screaming about 1934 now, we risk losing a lot of moderate support. OTOH, a candidate that does not believe that they are unconstitutional would not be fit for office. We have to work on these bills one at a time, gradually, in reverse order. Repeal 1994 or let it sunset. Then, get to work on 1986 and 1968. I'd also like to see more money going to pro-gun ads. It might be a nice touch if a new president supported all of these things and was black or female. That'd put a nice counter-spin on all of the redneck/racist crap.
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 3:30:45 PM EST
Originally Posted By mace:
View Quote
The ideal balance on 3 and 4 is a tricky one, IMHO. I believe that the ideal candidate would be in favor of repealing all of the mentioned laws (and all other laws), [b]but[/b] not make a big deal about most of them [b]at this time.[/b] If we're constantly screaming about 1934 now, we risk losing a lot of moderate support. OTOH, a candidate that does not believe that they are unconstitutional would not be fit for office. We have to work on these bills one at a time, gradually, in reverse order. Repeal 1994 or let it sunset. Then, get to work on 1986 and 1968. I'd also like to see more money going to pro-gun ads. It might be a nice touch if a new president supported all of these things and was black or female. That'd put a nice counter-spin on all of the redneck/racist crap.
View Quote
This is a good point. Our rights were not stripped away in one giant blow, and they won't be restored that way (barring the 2nd revolution). Too many sheep have been indoctrinated into the evil ways of guns. There's no way that a sweeping reform involving the repeal of the 34,68,86,94 acts will ever occur. They choose their battles and fight for every inch that they can. They would have liked to have banned all private firearm ownership decades ago, but they've settled for incremental steps. So must it be with us. Yes, we are in the right, and deserve to have our rights fully restored tomorrow, but it just isn't going to happen. Once again, ideals have to submit to reality. Notice that one complaint the left hasn't been able to pound as much as they like is the racism of Bush? With Powell and Rice leading up very noticeable spots, one of the largest stereotypes of us isn't even a real issue right now. The NRA would be well advised to find a fully competent minority and/or woman for this post. I also agree that the major emphasis of gun rights needs to swing away from hunting to self defense. Saying the 2nd amendment is about hunting means that if it were written today it would guarantee the right of the people to go to the grocery store of their choice.
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 3:32:10 PM EST
I would like to nominate Hilary Clinton. Think about it. She is politically connected. She is the wife of an ex president. She will bring a liberal state with her. 50% of the people in the US love her. She will bring a Million Moms to the fold. She is a damn hot babe. She used to be a hunter. She know how to raise money. All in all not a bad choice. (Sorry guys, I had a bad day at work and my wife has not fixed me supper yet)
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 3:37:05 PM EST
Originally Posted By ilikelegs:
Originally Posted By garandman: 1. Is he pro-gun?? 2. Is he pro Second Amendment??? 3. Is he pro assault rifles for the citizens? 4. Is he pro repealing of the GCA of 1934, 1968, 1986 and 1994?
View Quote
Charlston Heston is for 1 and 2 but not 3 and 4.
View Quote
If he is really for number 2 then it should be a given that he is for 3 and 4.
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 3:57:27 PM EST
Originally Posted By Fearandloathing37: Lets see Garandman, Norman Schwarzkopf led a war that helped Israel and the Jews, thus Schwarzkopf does not meet your standards for head of the NRA, Right. Of course the only person who could meet Garandmans political test for NRA President would be David Duke.
View Quote
You know fear, I've read through your posts on this thread a couple of times, and can't find any purpose other than personal attack in them. I must be missing something. Could you explain to me which of garand's 4 questions is not something we should know about a potential canidate for NRA president? Or where in his post you gleaned the idea that he felt Norm was unsuitable? I may be missing a big chunk of history between the two of you, but you deserve to be told that you look like an ass for such an unprovoked attack. Keep in mind that I know neither of you, so I'm probably giving you a good idea of how you look from the outside right now. Food for thought.
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 6:22:25 PM EST
From a public relations standpoint, John Milius sounds like he'd be an excellent choice. "Internationally renown as one of the premier writer/directors in Hollywood, John is also an articulate and ardent defender of the Second Amendment and the NRA, an avid hunter and shooter since childhood and a Life member for over 30 years...has written and/or directed 32 films including Dillinger, Jeremiah Johnson, Dirty Harry Magnum Force, Apocalypse Now, Conan, Flight of the Intruder and Red Dawn."
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 6:33:24 PM EST
We have 2 ( TWO ) choices : 1) TED NUGENT 2) OLIVER NORTH Take your pick , we need a stand out to continue the job Mr. Heston has done ! NRA FOREVER ! And if you are not a member , you are part of the problem .
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 6:38:00 PM EST
Originally Posted By Flash66: I would like to nominate Hilary Clinton. She is a damn hot babe. (Sorry guys, I had a bad day at work and my wife has not fixed me supper yet)
View Quote
Jiminy, we need to check your blood sugar! I think your judgement is impaired.
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 7:12:44 PM EST
ted nugent.
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 7:15:18 PM EST
[Last Edit: 8/9/2002 7:16:47 PM EST by mattja]
View Quote
Valid qualifications, for sure. 1 & 2, these are statements he must be willing to make publicly. 3, I would hope that would be his position publicly, however he may not be willing to say so for fear of frightening the duck hunters and skeet shooters. 4, I don't think you'll find anyone willing to stick his neck out (in the NRA, at least), but I sure as hell hope there is someone behind the scenes willing to fight for 3 & 4 and give his 100%.
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 7:35:06 PM EST
I recall Swartzkopf's position being discussed shortly after he retired. IIRC, he appeared to hold the "typical clay shooter" position. IE, as long as they don't go after his over/under, or stop his hunting, he has no prob with bans on handguns, military like semi-auto firearms, etc. I may be wrong, but I'd keep looking.
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 7:49:16 PM EST
Originally Posted By Jetlag: Personally I'd like to see the next NRA President [b]not[/b] be a hunter.
View Quote
Amen to that! Or, at least if he is a hunter, be able to admit that the Second Amendment has nothing to do with hunting or hunter's rights, which is what currently hamstrings the NRA. Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 8:06:53 PM EST
[Last Edit: 8/9/2002 8:07:58 PM EST by SSD]
Originally Posted By Flash66: I would like to nominate Hilary Clinton. Think about it. ... She is a damn hot babe. ... (Sorry guys, I had a bad day at work and my wife has not fixed me supper yet)
View Quote
[shock] That don't mean start with the alcohol first. SSD
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 9:13:31 PM EST
Originally Posted By sniper1az: We have 2 ( TWO ) choices : 2) OLIVER NORTH Take your pick , we need a stand out to continue the job Mr. Heston has done !
View Quote
Ya let's elect Oliver "REX84 Martial Law" North.
Top Top