Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/16/2002 4:47:23 AM EDT
I'm thinking about picking up an NRA credit card ([url]www.nracreditcard.com[/url]) from Fleet bank, but I've got a few questions that arent answered on the website (and the damn bankers are off today)

Is it possible to pay the bill online?  Any fees associated with it?

Anyone have any experiences? Good/Bad?

Kharn
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 5:27:28 AM EDT
[#1]
I picked one up a couple of years ago.  I was out of college with out a dime to my name, they sent me the card with a generous credit limit.  Service was good when i called to tell them I lost the card even if the lady on the other end of the line had the personality of a dead toad.
The interest rate is 9.9%, so it is pretty low by most cards standards.
There are no fees associated with just having the card but I think there are the standard cash withdrawl, and transfer fees that other cards have, and I think they are at a much higher rate.
I would rate the card very well.

On the other hand, two close friends of mine with LONG and healthy credit records were treated like a communist in front of McCarthy.  They were sent rejection letters that were the most rude and down right meen that I had ever seen. They were meen to the point where they were almost personal. They protested to the NRA about it, and were told that the NRA was not the financial intitution behind it, but did receive a sincer appology about the situation from the NRA.
Since the card works like a discover card with "cash back" towards the NRA, I use it all the time instead of sending them money three times a week when they ask for it. I still have not been able to find out how much of my purchases go towards the NRA though.  That is my only consern.
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 5:44:32 AM EDT
[#2]
I applied for one in college and they turned me down! I guess the fact I had "0" income had something to do with it
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 6:02:12 AM EDT
[#3]
I've had one off and on for years. Because the NRA is not the issuing party when you renew your card you just get a normal fleet card. So I cancel the card and reapply. Then the process starts all over again.
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 8:58:59 AM EDT
[#4]
I've had the Fleet Master Card for about 2 years now.  It suits my needs but I don't run a balance.

Programs like this keep the $$ rolling in for the NRA.  It really helps when members use this card and buy from NRA contributing businesses like Midway and Natchez.  Keep those liberals at bay!

Spambo
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 9:14:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Any of you guys know how much of a contribution goes to the NRA from this card? Is it only from certain companies?  I even called Fleet once and they couldn't tell me.

Link Posted: 2/16/2002 9:17:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Now if we could only get an AR15.com card with the site logo on the card and any return going to the Brothers In Need fund.  I sorta doubt we would rate the return percentage, but the site logo (Gotta have the M4 too) on an all-black card would sure be kickass and a great hit at the gunstore.

Kharn
Link Posted: 2/16/2002 9:17:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I've had one off and on for years. Because the NRA is not the issuing party when you renew your card you just get a normal fleet card. So I cancel the card and reapply. Then the process starts all over again.
View Quote

This must not be the case any longer.  I just received my new card in November and it was an NRA card just like the original.
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 4:29:08 AM EDT
[#8]
I had one when they were VISA, now that they are Master Card, I QUIT.
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 4:32:10 AM EDT
[#9]
ma96782:
The website says that its a Visa card, I wonder when they switched back.

Does anyone know if its possible to pay electronically and not be charged any additional fees?

Kharn
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 7:23:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 8:13:35 AM EDT
[#11]
 I have had one only for a short while .
The 1.9 temp. int. rate got me . Plus the rebate to NRA . Fleet does not have the best rep. But no problems yet .
I was supposed to get a free flag with a bal. transfer but it hasn't showed yet .

I try to stick with local bank cards so the payments don't get " lost " in the mail therby allowing the bank in question to charge me late payment fees . I believe Fleet has been sued for this in the past .
Link Posted: 2/17/2002 8:33:55 AM EDT
[#12]
I just went to the web site to apply for the card but after putting in all my info they said that the intrest after the 6months at 0% is 12.99%. What happened to the 9.99%? I guess Ill be keeping my capitalOne Platinum card because it is 9.9%.

BKVic
Link Posted: 2/27/2002 9:40:09 AM EDT
[#13]
I just got approved for one.  Has anybody noticed that the name on the sample card is "Wilson Phillips"?  What's the deal with that?
Link Posted: 3/1/2002 8:43:54 PM EDT
[#14]
I have had a NRA visa and a ISRA  ( Illonois state rifle assn.) visa for years. I don't run a balance. If I can't pay it off each month I get rid of the card.

Anyhow never had any problem with either one of them. It helps them out and impresses the checkout girls.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top