Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/23/2002 11:25:38 AM EDT
Just got my AR in, and NRA is pushing a huge nascar giveaway to increase membership to 5 mil.  The question is, what good will it do if the membership is basically bribed into belonging?  I have trouble getting folks to join because A. apathy, or B. misinformation(why that bunch of wingnuts  wants a gun in every school locker) C. expense (it is too expensive I could use those $35) and the apparent freedom to use our money in NOT defending the 2nd.  Just look at all the money spend on raising funds, but never spent on educating the average gunowner on what the 2nd is REALLY about.  The ignorant don't know what they are losing, they never even know they had it!  We all do our darnest, but we are preaching to the choir, and our national voice does not want to offend the soccer moms!  Rant finished let me see about upgrading (and paying) to life member.
Link Posted: 4/23/2002 11:49:15 AM EDT
[#1]
The NRA is a for-profit business, a political animal, and a boondoggle.  I have serious doubts about the core beliefs and principles of the upper ranks.

That having been said:

It is, unfortunately, OUR boondoggle, and the only close-to-effective one we have.

The fact that it even needs to exist is in and of itself a sad statement.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top