Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/3/2004 11:42:40 AM EDT
Can anyone rate the NORINCO home defense shotguns against MOSSBERG, WINCHESTER, REMINGTON. Looks like  great deal. What do you think?
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 11:46:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Norinco is importing again? I thought China's arms industry was banned from selling in the US.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 11:48:46 AM EDT
[#2]
I would stay away from Norinco's, Except SKS's and Ak's. But thats just me.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 11:52:21 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Don't forget their 1911s, pretty good reports from everybody.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 11:53:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Doesn't Norinco make the immitation '97 pump shotgun?  I have an origional model 97 and it looks good.  If anyone decides to buy one beware!  You have to grip a 97 kinda far back on the stock when you pump it and it's off the shoulder. Don't make the mistake of gripping it like you do when you shoot it to pump it unless you have it up in the shooting position and your hand is resting tight against the stock.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 11:54:16 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wasn't aware that they made a 1911. But then, they make everything.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 11:55:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Some like their 1911, but I hear they wear out, the heat treating is primitve, apparently.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 11:55:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Seen them on GunsAmerica and at gunshows. If they are banned from importation like the AKs, there are ones still on the market, like the MAKs, etc. and at great prices, that is if they're decent quality.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 12:12:02 PM EDT
[#8]
COMMIE FUCKING SHIT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU ARE SUPPORTINE THE ENEMY, ASSHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

REMINGTON 870 IS ALL YOU EVER NEED TO KNOW.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 12:13:26 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

YOU ARE SUPPORTINE THE ENEMY, ASSHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Buying them secondhand, after importation has been banned, hardly helps the reds.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 12:19:41 PM EDT
[#10]
I think they are calling them "Hawk" now and reports aren't too bad. I guess the executive order bans Norinco, but "Hawk" is another company.

Hopefully "Hawk" can start making ammo too.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 12:24:21 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I think they are calling them "Hawk" now and reports aren't too bad. I guess the executive order bans Norinco, but "Hawk" is another company.

The executive order bans ALL Chinese arms and ammo, IIRC.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 12:26:18 PM EDT
[#12]
someone in my shop the other day was looking for remington parts to replace the broken ones in his norinco pump. i dont know if this means anything, just FYI
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 12:30:52 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Buying them secondhand, after importation has been banned, hardly helps the reds.

That is Pretty much the way I see it................ your supporting a fellow shooter, by buying it from him
I have never been dissapointed in any of the Norinco's I own
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 12:35:32 PM EDT
[#14]
If you want it for defense I would buy the real deal if I were you. Isn't your life worth a few extra bucks?
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 12:49:30 PM EDT
[#15]

YOU ARE SUPPORTING THE ENEMY, ASSHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jackass remarks
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 12:54:22 PM EDT
[#16]
The Norinco 870 clone has a forged steel reciever, unlike the top notch cast alloy on the bonafide new production Remington 870.  The Chinese did use cast alloy on the trigger guard, which is now plastic on some  Remingtons .

Parts pretty much interchange between the two.

It's funny that people will buy Norinco  AKs and SKS all day, but mention the shotguns and people call you a communist.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 12:56:26 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

YOU ARE SUPPORTING THE ENEMY, ASSHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jackass remarks

... Yeah... No shit.

Its MOSSBERG son.... MOSSSSSSSSBERG!!!
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 12:59:06 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bullshit, because you are still creating a demand for them. When were they banned from importation? I have seen them on the shelves brand new in gunstores recently.

Again buying one of those is directly supporting the RED ARMY... Buy American.

EDITED TO ADD: I dont buy any fucking commie rifles or pistols either, and I regularly buy American products over Chinese regaurdless of price.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 1:06:40 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

jackass remarks

... Yeah... No shit.

Its MOSSBERG son.... MOSSSSSSSSBERG!!!

Agreed.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 6:41:13 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

So you don't shop at WalMart do you?
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 6:44:33 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

that is alot different than giving money directly to communist chinas weapons manufacturers.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 6:48:21 PM EDT
[#22]
I will never eat rice again.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 6:49:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 6:53:27 PM EDT
[#24]
Got over 5,000 thru a 2nd generation Chinese 97 clone........I like em!
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 8:17:07 PM EDT
[#25]
A friend in New Brunswick (Canada) bought a 870 clone last month.  The thing is beautiful.  Very well replicated the Rem 870, and functioned flawlessly that weekend.

Some say the real deal Rem 870 has an alloy receiver....  Well is it a steel alloy?  A magnet sticks to my Rem 870 reciever... just as it does to the Norinco Clone.

BISHOP
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 9:12:20 PM EDT
[#26]
I bought the "97 Trench Gun remake and I like it. Shoots great and looks cool with the long bayonet that "reaches into next week". I cannot afford the real Winchester Trench Gun so I got the Norinco Copy. As noted above, that hammer will bite you if you don't pay attention.
If it's for self defense, I'd get the Remington or Mossberg though.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 9:26:36 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The executive order bans ALL Chinese arms and ammo, IIRC.

Wrong, it places a 4 year embargo against China North Industries.. They export to us all types of stuff, not only guns.. There are about a billion other China trading companies..

The main products of NORINCO include: vehicles and mechanical products, optical-electronic products, chemical products, explosives and blasting materials, civil firearms and ammunition, light industrial products, special products, fire-fighting equipment, building materials, mental and non-mental materials and their finished products, etc.

China North Industries/AKA Norinco..

Link Posted: 10/3/2004 9:34:46 PM EDT
[#28]
Im pretty sure they still cant bring in anything but there were alot of them imported,

I want the trench gun clone.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 4:41:51 AM EDT
[#29]
i read a story about how Colt struck a deal with Norinco regarding the production of their AR-15 clone. bear with me here but i think it went like this...

Colt as the only high output producer of ARs in the late 80's got hold of a Norinco CQ-311 and found it to be a VERY high quality mil-spec AR clone. they basically shit a gold brick when they realized this thing was scheduled to hit the US market at a price point 60% below the Colt. we are talking $250 ARs here....

so it is said that Colt shared tooling and metelurgical data with Norinco for the 1911 in exchange for ceasing production of the CQ-311 AR clone.  if true that would explain why the Noricno 1911s were so damn good. their frames being the starting point for many a high end race gun.

*edit:  btw the executive order specifically bans Norinco...not all chicom weapons. it is punishment for Norinco's sale of dual use technology to iraq.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 4:48:42 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
I will never eat rice again.

I'm with you.  I even made my wife stop calling the dishes "our good China."

Scott
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 5:00:17 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, I don't.  It's amazing how shortsighted some people are.  You may save a buck or two buying Chinese stuff but in the long run you're funding US unemployment and undermining US manufacturing.  In a few years we won't make anything in this country anymore.  I remember one of my college professors defining a third world country as a country that exports agricultural products and imports manufactured goods.  We're watching American consumers voluntarily turn the US into a third world country right before our eyes.  
Buy American.  The job you save may be your own.  
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 5:01:30 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Good reports?
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 5:05:36 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, I don't.  It's amazing how shortsighted some people are.  You may save a buck or two buying Chinese stuff but in the long run you're funding US unemployment and undermining US manufacturing.  In a few years we won't make anything in this country anymore.  I remember one of my college professors defining a third world country as a country that exports agricultural products and imports manufactured goods.  We're watching American consumers voluntarily turn the US into a third world country right before our eyes.  

Um, look around you dude--there's nothing be made here NOW.  The Chinese are buying our debt and supplying us with goods we can afford.  I love 'em.  China is not communist anymore, they are coming around.

The best way to ensure that they are not our enemy is to trade with them--trade promotes peace.  I know that's not what the warmongers like to hear though.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 5:26:28 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Um, look around you dude--there's nothing be made here NOW.  The Chinese are buying our debt and supplying us with goods we can afford.  I love 'em.  China is not communist anymore, they are coming around.

The best way to ensure that they are not our enemy is to trade with them--trade promotes peace.  I know that's not what the warmongers like to hear though.

BUY AMERICAN!
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 5:33:55 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Norinco, in general makes a good gun.  Commies always make good guns.  However, I have recently seen a New England firearms clone of the 870 and for $159 it looks fantastic.  The only downside I'm told is that the barrels do not interchange with the remington.  As for me, I have two 870 12 gauges, one for fun and one for business, and a mossy 20ga that is just a joy to bust clay with.  I'm not in the market so I got no axe to grind with any of them.

Shotar,

I think the new NEF shotgun is being made in China also and imported by NEF, read that in Guns and Ammo.

Link Posted: 10/4/2004 5:35:34 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 6:08:11 AM EDT
[#37]
Hi Guys,
Hell, my AR is a Norinco, made in China!  The Norinco CQ-311.  

The 870 copy is a great shotgun for the price.  $300 Canadian dollars is a pretty good price too.

http://www.marstar.ca/Norinco/longguns.htm

Dez
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 7:08:14 AM EDT
[#38]
Interesting how you dudes tag the consumer as the bad guy in the trade deficit.  How about investigating the controllables that make it happen...

- Taxes (property, machine, facilities, inventory, Federal, state, local, blah, blah, blah...)
- Employment regulation (Makes having employees a risk)
- Environmental regulation (Stuff is made out of stuff, and some bad stuff is a byproduct)
- Misc regulation (To you, a gas can is $10, to a business, the OSHA approved one is $230)
- LAWSUITS

Each one of these, may have good intentions, but when combined create a business environment where production is offshored as soon as physically possible.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top