Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 7/21/2005 5:13:12 PM EDT
This sucks stupid soccer moms get all pissed because a hacker found rockstars error. So now production is suspended full story here.

Justin
Link Posted: 7/21/2005 9:33:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/21/2005 9:34:58 PM EDT by Galland]
Something like this was bound to happen as games became a more 'mainstream' entertainment venue. A lot of the "hit" games are already tailored for the Lowest Common Denominator- The Sims and etc. Fortunately the choice of censorship is entirely up to the author. If they want to go through conventional distribution channels they'll have to play the censorship game. But they don't have to do this. I've bought plenty of games directly from the developer. If a game is good enough, it does not need Wal-mart to generate a profit.

This sort of thing is one reason I don't buy console gaming machine.

Galland

Link Posted: 7/21/2005 10:21:28 PM EDT
I might have to find a copy of san andreas and the patch, just because billary clit-ton was getting pissed about this
Link Posted: 7/23/2005 7:57:12 AM EDT
i tried to buy one today... no retail stores carry it any longer.

i might be able to buy it online, but i'll have to wait until i finish moving in a couple weeks...
Link Posted: 7/23/2005 8:09:45 AM EDT
Does anyone have a link to the Coffee Cup code/instructions?
Link Posted: 7/23/2005 8:17:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/23/2005 8:18:20 AM EDT by FanoftheBlackRifle]

Originally Posted By Phil_A_Steen:
Does anyone have a link to the Coffee Cup code/instructions?

The mod was called "hot coffee", not coffee cup.....that might help your googling. (was going to download it, decided not to, and don't remember the page I found it on....so I'm not trying to be a smartass with the google suggestion)
Link Posted: 7/23/2005 8:26:00 AM EDT
It will be back on shelves shortly with a new version without the content on the disc.

Of course, I wonder if a new version of "hot coffee" will come up which adds the content back in and if that'll piss off the nannies.
Link Posted: 7/23/2005 9:18:18 AM EDT
how many discs does the game come on, because the torrent is 4 gigs
Link Posted: 7/23/2005 9:27:40 AM EDT
Link Posted: 7/23/2005 2:48:49 PM EDT

Originally Posted By sharky30:
how many discs does the game come on, because the torrent is 4 gigs

1 DVD
Link Posted: 7/24/2005 2:49:10 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/24/2005 5:38:40 PM EDT
Good.
This game, Like God of War, Deserved the AO rating from the get go.
Link Posted: 7/24/2005 6:17:37 PM EDT
this part is so dead on

Titles rated M (Mature) have content that may be suitable for persons of age 17 and older.

As opposed to the stricter AO rating:

Titles rated AO (Adults Only) have content that should only be played by persons 18 years and older.

What pisses me off more than anything is that I paid for a game rated for 17 year olds, or possibly 17 and 1/2 year olds, tops. What I got was a game rated for 18 year olds instead

ooohh wow. the new regulation changes the age to buy it by 1 year
Link Posted: 7/26/2005 12:04:42 PM EDT
Weather it gets a A.O. rating or not, why are ADULT gamers having to hunt for this game? I mean come on, the stores did not have to pull them did they? Lock it in a case and check ID if they must. Seems like the Liberal media ran with this one and is wilkin it for all its forth. Screw the Liberals.
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 5:49:55 AM EDT
It's not the liberals. It's the liberals and the conservatives. Or, as I like to call them, immature idiots.
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 5:56:26 AM EDT
I"m sure it being banned in certain retail stores will only boost sales and the prices as it hits eBay and other online outlets.

I'm surprised that game wasn't bumped up a long time ago... the violence in most games today is way over the top. But for some reason sex brought it down. Go figure.

Things sure have changed since the days of PacMan and Pitfall Harry.
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 6:48:47 PM EDT
18 now...oooh big deal.
OK, so now kids are gonna go to their older buddy who's 18+ and get them to buy it for them.
It's simple. If you don't want your kids playing San An...dont let them have it.

Anyways, where can I find the code? And will it work on the PS2 version?

Thanks peoples

Link Posted: 7/29/2005 3:54:06 PM EDT

Originally Posted By RABIDFOX50:
Weather it gets a A.O. rating or not, why are ADULT gamers having to hunt for this game? I mean come on, the stores did not have to pull them did they? Lock it in a case and check ID if they must. Seems like the Liberal media ran with this one and is wilkin it for all its forth. Screw the Liberals.

Yeah i know its all coprarte policy all they have to do was add a sign "AO now" and then check ids. I have yet to see a AO game in a brick and Mortor store.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 12:47:20 PM EDT
I've had it since it came out so doesn't effect me. Even though I am just a teen and my parents are kind of strict. but I don't think they know about the rating change.

If they aren't selling it more does that mean I could sell my copy but jack up the price and make some $$$? lol
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 6:00:47 PM EDT
What's really disturbing about the game is not the sexual content, which is actually kind of pathetic, but that it celebrates and glorifies a lifestyle of ignorance and mindless violence too closely recognizable as a terribly problematical real world subculture.

Previous GTAs were too cartoon-like to be taken seriously but considering the relish with which kids today -- regardless of ethnicity -- emulate the gangsta lifestyle, "San Andreas" comes across as almost criminally irresponsible in the behavior it encourages through simulation.

Still, it's a kick-ass game -- as Dirty Harry says, "There's nothing wrong with shooting as long as the right people get shot" -- but the dialogue in the cutscenes is painfully stupid, insufferable and repellent.

Yeah, I know -- "Lighten up, Francis!"
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 5:46:04 PM EDT
The game is still on the shelves at Sam Goody and Media Play, dont go buy one from ebay and pay to much, they are not that hard to find.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 9:41:49 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 5:34:59 AM EDT
Look further up, that page had allready been posted.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 4:41:27 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 8:40:05 PM EDT
I just dont get what the whole big deal was anyway you see worse in the way of sex in a r rated movie.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 8:17:14 AM EDT

I think alot of people didnt even know about "Hot Coffee" until they saw it on the NEWS! Thats the first I heard about the code.

If the media was smart about it, they wouldnt have said a thing. Rockstar could have secretly started to put out the new batch w/o hot coffee. And stores could have kept quiet too and just switch the games out for the edited ones.

So THANK YOU media...good job on informing ME on a code for a game I ALREADY have!

Link Posted: 8/16/2005 10:32:42 AM EDT
When somebody is done with their PC version of GTA San Andreas I'd like to buy it from you.

Not so much for the coffee mod, I just want the game on my PC where the graphics will be better than the PS2 plus the option for using various other mods is wide open.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 1:16:15 PM EDT
another bonus over the PS2 version is the ability to put mp3s in a folder and get an mp3 station for the in game radio
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 1:18:53 AM EDT
I wonder if I can sell my preban San Andreas for 3 grand?
Top Top