Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/3/2002 9:28:04 PM EDT
Some years ago, my father suffered a heart attack. Within 2 minutes of the call to 911, 2 LA County SD cars arrived, and immediately began CPR. Within 3 minutes of this, an LA County EMT unit showed up and took over. This, in the middle of Carson, CA, and all the traffic in the middle of a business day. I got all this from my mother, as I was here in SC at the time. It was a massive heart attack, but YOU guys gave him 5 years of life he otherwise would not have had. Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 10:55:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Wow........
It is the rare person who actually says thank you.  It's enough to carry someone another five or ten years in service.

Thank you

pakrat
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 1:32:36 PM EDT
[#2]
I am glad 'we' could help! Thank you for taking a moment out to thank us!
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 7:50:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 7:52:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Hats off to Zardoz!
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 8:15:01 PM EDT
[#5]
after my car accident last year, i was transported to the local hospital and within 30min of the accident i had an armbraclet on.  30min to respond and transport at 5:00 on a weekday in Dallas is actually incredible! the 30min also takes into account the time it took the hospital to actually print the band, so in all likelyhood i was there even quicker. i owe my life to the ems, police and firefighters who responded and saved my life. i later had to take another ride in the ambulance because of severe chest pains after the surgery. the paramedic and emt's were awesome.  i was freaking out because of the intensity of the pain, but they were professional, relaxed but most importantly reassuring.  they even came to check up on me when they made a run later that day.  my little brother is a paramedic/volunteer firefighter and i cant help but think of him everytime i see these guys.  i thank him for what he does as i thank all firefighters, rescue ems, and police for the times they have helped me as well as others!
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 9:35:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Well, folks, the reason I posted is because like many others, I'll bash anybody when they deserve it, but ONLY those who do deserve it WHEN they deserve it. To me, it ain't nothin' but a little nibble on the behind when you screw up. And when I screw up, I expect an ass-chewing in return. Too often, this is the only type of "recognition" you guys get. I just figured that it's HIGH F*CKING TIME you guys got recognized for at least one (among literally countless others) times you guys come through for a largely un-caring public. The phrase you guys use most often after you have saved the life of a stranger at the risk of your own is "I was just doing my job." Well, this may be true, but I have seen (as have we all, but some people have a "selective" memory) quite a few instances where a COP, EMT, or a FF has gone WAY beyond "just doing their job." I just feel that you guys deserve a sincere "Thanks" on behalf of those of us who DO see & appreciate the OUTSTANDING work almost ALL of you people do. Well, since I'm an inarticulate *sshole, I can't think of anything else to say at the moment, so I'll finish by saying again, THANKS.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top