Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/16/2005 5:30:15 AM EDT
Best friend of mine is the PA National Guard, 25th ID and he's been down there since the Friday that everything really started to go south.

He's "stationed" in a Jefferson Parrish school(middle or high he wasn't sure). Basically it's a joke for him. He patrols about 2-3 hours a day. Last night they had a run in with a guy sprayin and praying a mac 10 in the air so they ran up to him and in his words "DROP YOUR FUCKING WEAPON!" dude shit his pants basically and they took him in.

As I said he patrols 2-3 hours a day, food is amazing he says better than the college dorm food he's used to eating. Omeletes, bacon, sausage etc for breakfast. Bag lunches for when they are out, and dinner was Fajitas last night. They have a TON of down time. He reads a lot, goes to church on Sunday's and plays basketball.

Power has already been restored to a lot of places down there, the bodies are mainly only in the canal, but the stinch is still terrible. His CO said they will be out of the school in a couple of weeks as they plan to start school up again ASAP, they are mainly aiding with helping people come back IN New Orleans. He does not know where they will go after the school starts back up, but he volunteered to stay down there another 60-90 days if they need it(he withdrew from school for the semester anyways)

He did not know about the firearms confiscation, so I gave him the rude awakening about it. When I told him about the CHP he said "Figures, damn Commiefornians". When I asked him what he would do if he was ordered to take away law abiding Citizen's arms he said "NO FUCKING WAY!". Him and his troops actually had a lot of talks with people that were legally armed and telling them the stories about what they had to do to save the neighborhoods and they basically told the Citizen's to keep up the good work.

Just though you all would like to know we have one more on our side down there, doing his best.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 5:51:43 AM EDT
Wish him the best!!!
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 5:58:28 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 6:01:28 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 8:22:05 AM EDT
Why isn't THIS on the news???

Please encourage your friend to write a "letter to the editor" about this.

Link Posted: 9/16/2005 8:23:49 AM EDT
I am told Army recruits now receive training on whether or not to obey orders they believe to be illegal, and their recourse, procedures for refusing. Any info on this?
Top Top