Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/25/2005 9:56:08 PM EDT
  One of the local churches took in about 100 refugees,victims,evacuee's, or whatever the sensitive and non racist term is for  'em. They had to hire 24 hour guards after the first day of  petty thefts. A friend who is a member there said they arrested a guy for smoking crack in the bathroom last week. Sad situation to say the least. I have to admit that I admire those folks for staying true to their principles even when it isn't easy. I believe it is the FBC and they have been there since a few days after Katrina.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 10:24:06 PM EDT
[#1]
I worked the HAM Radio comm's for the Phoenix shelter which had about 400 evacuees to start with and at the magnetometer, there stood fido and his handler when the evacuees came back from shopping..

*sniff*sniff*
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top