Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/30/2017 9:18:59 AM EDT
Link

A storm bringing heavy rain and high winds knocked out power to more than 270,000 people across New Hampshire early Monday morning.

According to Eversource, as of 8:20 a.m., 187,687 of its customers were without power across the state, or more than one-third of its total customers.

New Hampshire Electric Cooperative reported 51,067 customers without power.

WMUR Storm Watch 9 Meteorologist Kevin Skarupa said some wind gusts reached 50 miles per hour overnight.

Police departments across the state reported multiple road closures due to fallen trees and downed power lines.

Link Posted: 10/30/2017 9:23:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Bummer, how was it where you are at OP?
Link Posted: 10/30/2017 9:25:43 AM EDT
[#2]
It's pretty friggin messy up here too. I won't get power back until at least tomorrow. Trees down everywhere. One almost hit my house and truck.
Link Posted: 10/30/2017 9:25:45 AM EDT
[#3]
{{{laughs in hurricane season}}}
Link Posted: 10/30/2017 9:26:57 AM EDT
[#4]
lol

Quarter million? Pikers.
Link Posted: 10/30/2017 9:27:05 AM EDT
[#5]
The wind last night was crazy, I'm in Merrimack County and it woke me up and kept me up all night. My gf is fire/rescue in Sullivan County  and she was up all night working downed lines.

My drive to work was littered with downed trees. I'm curious to see how some of the rivers hold up, I feel like my town is probably going to have some washouts.
Link Posted: 10/30/2017 9:28:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
lol

Quarter million? Pikers.
View Quote
Pretty significant considering we're only 1.33 million people
Link Posted: 10/30/2017 9:32:16 AM EDT
[#7]
No grid power here, but the generator came on automatically in the night and I didn't know the difference until I woke up this morning.

Just lost Comcast internet about fifteen minutes ago, and I have been reduced to Verizon 4G. It's such a hardship - I'm waiting for the neighbors to start eating each other...

@firstworldproblems

Link Posted: 10/30/2017 9:35:09 AM EDT
[#8]
Got hit decent here in CT too.   A few trees that i can see out my window.  We didn't lose power, but schools are cancelled because of outages in town......as well as roads impassable due to downed trees and power lines.  

All on the anniversary of SuperStorm Sandy too.
Link Posted: 10/30/2017 9:35:38 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote
It’s out. Wind was crazy last night. I’m just across the river from VT in NH now. Landlord has a nice generator—runs everything. Still running off it.

About ten years ago there was an ice storm that knocked out a lot of people’s power for two weeks. I think that inspired a lot of new generators since.
Link Posted: 10/30/2017 9:37:10 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
lol

Quarter million? Pikers.
Link Posted: 10/30/2017 9:39:05 AM EDT
[#11]
There are 270 000 people in NH?
Link Posted: 10/30/2017 9:39:26 AM EDT
[#12]
Glad my utilities are underground here in hurricane country. No issues with Matthew or Irma, unless you count the whole roof thing
Link Posted: 10/30/2017 9:41:48 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
It’s out. Wind was crazy last night. I’m just across the river from VT in NH now. Landlord has a nice generator—runs everything. Still running off it.

About ten years ago there was an ice storm that knocked out a lot of people’s power for two weeks. I think that inspired a lot of new generators since.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It was that very storm that inspired a whole house setup here. As long as propane holds out I'm good to go. Got 500 gallons so I'm good for a while.
Link Posted: 10/30/2017 9:42:56 AM EDT
[#14]
About 300,000 in MA as well.

Sounds like I'll be heading that way shortly to help get power up and running.
Link Posted: 10/30/2017 9:50:53 AM EDT
[#15]
In the Catskill Mountains of NY and that was a long night of heavy wind and damn that rain never stopped.
Link Posted: 10/30/2017 9:56:23 AM EDT
[#16]
Woke up at 3:30 to find my shed door blown off, flimsy metal gazebo thing twisted up with the canvas torn up and ripped apart... and what looks like a piece of my neighbor's siding in my back yard.
Also, I got some free Halloween decorations. So there's that.
Link Posted: 10/30/2017 9:57:28 AM EDT
[#17]
Was texting with good friends just South of Somers CT yesterday.
No power, lots of rain, flooding basement....
Luckily they have a generator but are still having problems keeping ahead of the water.....

Good luck everybody.
Link Posted: 10/30/2017 10:01:03 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote
It was almost a month for us. Power came back on for Christmas eve.
Link Posted: 10/30/2017 10:03:05 AM EDT
[#19]
I live in Hillsborough County and its was cra cra last night. We only lost power for about 1.5 hours due to a tree bouncing off the lines but the road crew chopped it up and while there are a few leaning towards the road they are all small and could be cut down pretty quick.

Most of my wife's friends are stuck and I saw a number of places that will need some work on my drive in to work.
Link Posted: 10/30/2017 10:18:56 AM EDT
[#20]
I´m in Maine about an hour from the NH border. I have power but 400,000 in this state don´t (30% of the population).  I guess that outage number probably includes businesses too though.
Link Posted: 10/30/2017 10:25:38 AM EDT
[#21]
Brutal. Would not want to live somewhere where it gets freaking hot or freaking cold without a generator and supplemental ac or heat.
Link Posted: 10/30/2017 10:28:31 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Gas standby generator?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No grid power here, but the generator came on automatically in the night and I didn't know the difference until I woke up this morning.

Just lost Comcast internet about fifteen minutes ago, and I have been reduced to Verizon 4G. It's such a hardship - I'm waiting for the neighbors to start eating each other...

@firstworldproblems

Gas standby generator?
Propane, but yes. It kicks on within a few seconds once grid power is lost.
Link Posted: 10/30/2017 10:29:43 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Brutal. Would not want to live somewhere where it gets freaking hot or freaking cold without a generator and supplemental ac or heat.
View Quote
The irony is that if this was a normal week temperature wise, we'd probably have 6 feet of snow, and the power would be fine :)
Link Posted: 10/30/2017 11:44:33 AM EDT
[#24]
I'm on a generator and I expect to be on it until at least tomorrow. Wind is starting to die down a little. A lot of trees down around me and on my road.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top