Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/28/2005 1:09:23 PM EDT
It's bad enough that tickets cost $80 a piece, and you get the pleasure of paying $6 for a coke and $8 for a hot dog. Now you get to give the NFL the pleasure of feeling up your wife or girlfriend.

www.channelcincinnati.com/news/5032618/detail.html

Bengals Fans To Be Frisked At Paul Brown Stadium

POSTED: 4:17 pm EDT September 28, 2005
UPDATED: 4:51 pm EDT September 28, 2005

CINCINNATI -- Football fans could get a pat-down from security guards on their next visit to Paul Brown Stadium, officials said.

The NFL mandated the rule for all league games, beginning with the Oct. 2 matchup between the Bengals and the Houston Texans.

Contemporary Services Corp. employees will conduct the hand searches at Bengals games. Contemporary Services is the same security company that handles the Super Bowl.

Pat-downs of women will be conducted by female employees, and searches of men will be done by male employees.

The pat-downs will take place at the contraband checkpoints that have been in place since the 2004 season at locations surrounding the stadium as fans enter the plaza area.

The pat-downs will begin four hours prior to kickoff. Gates to enter the stadium will continue to open 90 minutes prior to kickoff.

Several NFL teams used pat-downs as part of stadium security procedures last season. Hand searches of all fans entering stadiums also were employed during all NFL playoff games last season. Pat-downs at stadium gates have been part of the Super Bowl security plan since 2002.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 1:10:54 PM EDT
Leave your toenail clippers at home folks.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 1:11:16 PM EDT
Never been to one, looks like I never will even though I thought about it while preparing to visit family near Pittsburgh in November.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 1:14:03 PM EDT
Been doing this since 9/11 - nothing new at all.
At the Meadowlands in NJ they have stadium security frisk every person that comes through the gates, bags are searched as well. Standing behind stadium security are NJ state troopers. They really never get involved, but Im guessing if someone gives security a hard time they will assist.

Welcome to 4 years ago.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 1:15:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/28/2005 1:18:15 PM EDT by Hamel]
Nothing new.

I regularly go to baseball games and they go through the motions of patting you down. They really aren't looking to find anything because people readily smuggle in flasks.

ETA-Definitely nothing new, I remember them searching my father's bag (full of blankets) at a Pat's game over 10 years ago.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 1:17:46 PM EDT
Well I tend to avoid large crowds and the last professional sporting event that I attended was prior to 9/11. I wouldn't know.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 1:18:07 PM EDT
I have a nephew who works security at the Chiefs stadium. He's none too happy about having to do it either.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 1:19:52 PM EDT
In Charlotte, at B of A Stadium (Carolina Panthers), the search is based by gender, care to guess which gets passed over?

And Jeebus the PSL's are high as can be.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 1:20:04 PM EDT

Link Posted: 9/28/2005 1:23:54 PM EDT
They were doing this at the Los Angeles Coliseum before the Raiders moved back up to Oakland.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 1:27:18 PM EDT

Originally Posted By BenDover:

Pat-downs of women will be conducted by female employees, and searches of men will be done by male employees.

This is the part I hate. Why can't I choose?
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 3:51:46 PM EDT

Originally Posted By astrafire:

Originally Posted By BenDover:

This is the part I hate. Why can't I choose?

Considering I was given a ticket to the Bungles game this weekend I agree!
Top Top