Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/2/2006 4:14:36 AM EDT
w00t!

My first NFA item, an SBR, was approved!  It seemed to take forever, but was more like 87 days!  No... really

Without further ado...

Link Posted: 3/2/2006 4:16:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Nice!
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 4:17:56 AM EDT
[#2]
I love gun p0rn

Now where did I put the hand lotion........
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 4:19:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Let me guess..............TRUCK GUN ???    
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 4:27:09 AM EDT
[#4]
I always cry when a new member comes into the family!

Congrats!
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 4:55:21 AM EDT
[#5]
You BASTARD!@! I really am happy for you though - just a little jealous - congrats!!!
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 4:59:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Individual or corp xfer?

Now you need a BUIS and a HALO!
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 5:01:32 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Individual or corp xfer?

Individual Form 1
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 5:02:04 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
You BASTARD!@! I really am happy for you though - just a little jealous - congrats!!!

Hey!  My parents were married!!  

Thanks bro!
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 5:02:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Congrats!!!  

Sooo......    What's next?   There's always something next in NFA land....
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 5:05:33 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Congrats!!!  

Already ordered a Gemtech Outback from Title II Arms
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 1:34:01 PM EDT
[#11]
sweeeeeeeet
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 1:35:04 PM EDT
[#12]

Nice!

Quoted:

Quoted:
Congrats!!!  

Already ordered a Gemtech Outback from Title II Arms

Nicer!
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 1:36:37 PM EDT
[#13]
You can go ahead and name it "The mouse that roared."

Well, if you don't mind naming it the same thing I named mine.

Link Posted: 3/2/2006 1:36:48 PM EDT
[#14]
<-----This is me, being green with envy.   Someday.......

Congrats, and fuggin' A man.

CO
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 1:37:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Excuse my Aussie ignorance, but what is NFA? Is it full auto or something?

Nice rifle, btw
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 1:38:08 PM EDT
[#16]
nice rifle SBR you got there.  

edited  
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 1:44:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Is the process for a SBR the same for a class III? I was told that in order to qualify for a class III the .gov takes an inventory of your weapons, audits your storage method, and reserves the right to pop in and audit at will.

I am interested in the criteria and process for gaining a NFA approval for a SBR. Aside from the extra $200 app fee.

Oh, and congrats. That is a very nice rig.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 1:44:22 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

NFA = National Firearms Act - federal taxation and registration system for some kinds of firearms.
Full auto, sound suppressors, short barreled firearms, and "destructive devices" (large bore weapons, explosive, etc) are all covered by the NFA.

SBR = Short Barreled Rifle.  A (non full auto) firearm with a rifled barrel shorter than 16" which has a stock, or a firearm made from a rifle which has a barrel less than 16".
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 1:45:01 PM EDT
[#19]
What barrel length?
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 1:46:37 PM EDT
[#20]
lookin good, give us a spec run down!, is that the RRA DEA MODEL UPPER? or similar?
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 1:47:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Awesome! Congratualtions!  
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 1:48:47 PM EDT
[#22]
now you need a NFA lower for it
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 1:51:05 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/2/2006 1:52:06 PM EDT
[#24]
GOAT BALLLZ
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 1:52:20 PM EDT
[#25]
Dude!  I can't believe you took a marker to your SBR form!
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 1:54:57 PM EDT
[#26]
Fuggin A Man!

Thats Kool!
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 1:56:39 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Dude!  I can't believe you took a marker to your SBR form!

shit!  that WASN'T the COPY?!?!?!?!111111
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 1:58:59 PM EDT
[#28]
You know what would look good with that rifle?

A USC.

I'm moving to the next county as soon as my lease is up!

That'll give me time to save up some money.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 2:00:51 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
You know what would look good with that rifle?

A USC.

I'm moving to the next county as soon as my lease is up!

That'll give me time to save up some money.

You mean a UMP clone???

You know... I could get a Bobcat or Speciul Weaponz clone instead.  I mean, who wants a genuine Hk???
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 2:01:00 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

NFA = National Firearms Act - federal taxation and registration system for some kinds of firearms.
Full auto, sound suppressors, short barreled firearms, and "destructive devices" (large bore weapons, explosive, etc) are all covered by the NFA.

SBR = Short Barreled Rifle.  A (non full auto) firearm with a rifled barrel shorter than 16" which has a stock, or a firearm made from a rifle which has a barrel less than 16".

Ah, thanks for that. I know questioning the sense of such laws is futile, but wouldn't a .22 count as a "destructive device"? A hammer? A 2- year old child? If you don't have to register those things, why would it matter if you're shot with a .38 or a .50 BMG? If it kills you, you're just as dead. Frankly, I'd prefer to be hit with a .50 than someone's badly behaved 2-year old child. It's a quicker, less painful death. Oh well, at least you can get semi-auto. We're stuck with bolt-action etc.

Once again, congrats, and nice rifle.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 2:04:46 PM EDT
[#31]
Hey I got a bulletin about this on Myspace!
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 2:07:10 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ah, thanks for that. I know questioning the sense of such laws is futile, but wouldn't a .22 count as a "destructive device"? A hammer? A 2- year old child? If you don't have to register those things, why would it matter if you're shot with a .38 or a .50 BMG? If it kills you, you're just as dead. Frankly, I'd prefer to be hit with a .50 than someone's badly behaved 2-year old child. It's a quicker, less painful death. Oh well, at least you can get semi-auto. We're stuck with bolt-action etc.

Not to rub it in but we can get full autos, mortars, machine guns (limited supply) as well.
Semi autos are completly unregulated except in Commie states.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 2:07:11 PM EDT
[#33]
Fuggin A, man!!!
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 2:08:47 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

You know... I could get a Bobcat or Speciul Weaponz clone instead.  I mean, who wants a genuine Hk???

That's what you say now...but do you really want to shoot a zombie with a knock off?

ETA - Congradulations by the way. I am basically sick with envy over here!
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 2:11:08 PM EDT
[#35]
Congrats on the rifle but why spend $200+ price to remove 1.5 inches of barrel?  Why not a 7' or 10' barrel?  Seems like $800+ is alot for an inch and a half?
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 2:16:02 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Congrats on the rifle but why spend $200+ price to remove 1.5 inches of barrel?  Why not a 7' or 10' barrel?  Seems like $800+ is alot for an inch and a half?

That looks like a 10.5" barrel
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 2:17:46 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

1.5" of barrel?  

Dude... it's 11.5", and FWIW... most supressor makers won't warranty use on anything shorter.  
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 2:18:32 PM EDT
[#38]
AWESOME!!! Congrats!!
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 2:20:23 PM EDT
[#39]
Dude you are going to be in so much trouble when they find out you marked out all the important info with a black marker Just think flashbangs, dead dogs and front door off the hinges!!!

Link Posted: 3/2/2006 2:20:34 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's what you say now...but do you really want to shoot a zombie with a knock off?

ETA - Congradulations by the way. I am basically sick with envy over here!

Next time I'm home, we'll go to DFW gun range on moking bird and you can shoot it.  I'll see if a buddy wants to go and bring his Mac 10 (with the fun switch )
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 2:20:57 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Isn't the movement to demand gun rights back growing in your country?  Last I heard it was percieved as just short of a serious shitstorm brewing, truth to this?
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 2:22:28 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

1.5" of barrel?  

Dude... it's 11.5", and FWIW... most supressor makers won't warranty use on anything shorter.  

Seemed longer.  I guess I can understand the warranty thing though.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 2:24:27 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/2/2006 2:27:02 PM EDT
[#44]
Nice weapon.

Link Posted: 3/2/2006 2:28:13 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Is the process for a SBR the same for a class III? I was told that in order to qualify for a class III the .gov takes an inventory of your weapons, audits your storage method, and reserves the right to pop in and audit at will.

I am interested in the criteria and process for gaining a NFA approval for a SBR. Aside from the extra $200 app fee.

An SBR is a Class III firearm.

The process?  Simple:

*Find the weapon you want to purchase / build
*Fill out Form 1 to build, Form 4 to purchase
*Obtain CLEO sign off on form (I just mail mine in )
*Subit with 2 copies of your Form, 2 FBI finger print cards, 2 passport photos, citizenship form, and 2 hundred dollars for tax stamp.

Wait a bit...

and VOILA!  NFA goodness is yours to enjoy!
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 3:42:39 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Isn't the movement to demand gun rights back growing in your country?  Last I heard it was percieved as just short of a serious shitstorm brewing, truth to this?

I'm not sure what you mean. There was an issue a little while back when one of the state govt. firearms bodies, in cahoots with a firearms organsiation, set up a club that made it easier to get multiple licences. The antis got wind of it and made a huge fuss, but didn't get any momentum. Also, there are a lot of studies coming out now that show that the gun laws put in after 1996 have had no visible effect on curbing the crime rate. In fact, whilst murder has been dropping for a couple of decades, violent crime has been growing rapidly since '96. Of course, the antis and some state govts have said that this means that the laws need to be tightened, but nothing is actually happening that I know of. There is an agreement between the states and the federal govt that mandates uniform gun laws, and whilst Howard is still Prime Minister (very conservative, but rabidly anti-gun), I don't think anything's going to change. The stricter gun laws have hurt the state governments as they have lost revenue from licencing fees etc. even though legal gun ownership is on the rise. Now on average 1 in 11 adult Australians own guns. If the trend continues, we may just get that shitstorm, the sooner the better.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 3:47:05 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The process?  Simple:

*Subit with 2 copies of your Form, 2 FBI finger print cards, 2 passport photos, citizenship form, and 2 hundred dollars for tax stamp.

Wait a bit...

I thought it was a Title II firearm?
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 3:52:21 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

The lower already is an NFA item, now that it's classified as an SBR.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 3:55:39 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The process?  Simple:

Wait a bit...

I thought it was a Title II firearm?

It's both.  
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 3:56:09 PM EDT
[#50]
Fuggin A, man!!!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top