Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 10/8/2002 3:15:13 PM EDT
I have just heard they found a shell casing at the scene of the shooting yesterday. The police are keeping info about it quite though. Maybe they are starting to learn.
Link Posted: 10/8/2002 3:16:37 PM EDT
What is the source? Which network or link?
Link Posted: 10/8/2002 3:20:15 PM EDT
sorry about that it was just up at the top of the hour on Fox
Link Posted: 10/8/2002 3:26:49 PM EDT
I heard the same thing on my local Clearchannel talk-radio station. Hmmm.....
Link Posted: 10/8/2002 3:26:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/8/2002 3:27:12 PM EDT by ColonelKlink]
Link Posted: 10/8/2002 3:29:03 PM EDT
It was the Police chief from the area were the 13 yr old was shot. I hope, I pray, this guy has what it takes to come up with something good.
Link Posted: 10/8/2002 3:29:05 PM EDT
http://www.abcnews.go.com/sections/us/DailyNews/marylandshootings021008.html I think this is the story that also said this is the only casing recovered so far(or maybe it was CNN.com)
Link Posted: 10/8/2002 3:39:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/8/2002 3:40:01 PM EDT by kill-9]
LftL*: [url]http://www.abcnews.go.com/sections/us/DailyNews/marylandshootings021008.html[/url] -kill-9 *Link for the Lazy
Link Posted: 10/8/2002 3:57:39 PM EDT
140 yards is fairly close for a sniper attack. How come no one ever sees this guy. Is he using a silenced weapon??? I would think if a 223 went off that close everyone with in a half mile would turn and look. It says wooded area. Is this guy crawling around in a damn Gillie suit or something. Im not familar with the other crime scenes were they in areas with small wooded areas around close?
Link Posted: 10/8/2002 4:04:11 PM EDT
If they found a casing it's only because the shooter wanted them to. I'll bet that it's not even the same caliber as what he is using. He's using that to throw them off.
Link Posted: 10/8/2002 4:21:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/8/2002 4:26:27 PM EDT by ArmdLbrl]
Originally Posted By sapperleader_2000: 140 yards is fairly close for a sniper attack. How come no one ever sees this guy. Is he using a silenced weapon??? I would think if a 223 went off that close everyone with in a half mile would turn and look. It says wooded area. Is this guy crawling around in a damn Gillie suit or something. Im not familar with the other crime scenes were they in areas with small wooded areas around close?
View Quote
Nope, most cases the shots had to of come from a parking lot or a nearby road. This is the first place where he would have had to get out of his vheicle. Gunshots have been heard at every shooting, he has not been using a silencer. Sound from a single shot, as opposed to a string, just doesn't give you enough info. After being so careful all along NOW he drops a case? Its suspicious.
Link Posted: 10/8/2002 4:44:14 PM EDT
Gonna be pretty hard to put the casing with bullet fragments.. Could be another red herring.. watch tv find out where they are heading and feed them any one of the directions they were prone to go
Link Posted: 10/8/2002 4:54:39 PM EDT
what an asshole!! i hope this shooter gets his ass blown full of holes. 1st by a law abiding dude, 2nd by the local PD. this guy(s) needs to die. NOW!!!!
Link Posted: 10/8/2002 4:59:30 PM EDT
Originally Posted By thecleaner: what an asshole!! i hope this shooter gets his ass blown full of holes. 1st by a law abiding dude, 2nd by the local PD. this guy(s) needs to die. NOW!!!!
View Quote
Ya know...that would be sweet! One of us armed citizens confronts this asshole and drops him before he can get a round off at us. Wonder what the antis would say then? Two to the body...one to the head...IDPA for real! [pistol] Just a thought...
Link Posted: 10/8/2002 5:40:52 PM EDT
you know he is watching the news and reading these posts and laughing his ass off. that is if it is a guy. it could be a girl.
Link Posted: 10/8/2002 5:48:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/8/2002 5:50:40 PM EDT by Halfcocked]
Originally Posted By ArmdLbrl:
Originally Posted By sapperleader_2000: 140 yards is fairly close for a sniper attack. How come no one ever sees this guy. Is he using a silenced weapon??? I would think if a 223 went off that close everyone with in a half mile would turn and look. It says wooded area. Is this guy crawling around in a damn Gillie suit or something. Im not familar with the other crime scenes were they in areas with small wooded areas around close?
View Quote
Nope, most cases the shots had to of come from a parking lot or a nearby road. This is the first place where he would have had to get out of his vheicle. Gunshots have been heard at every shooting, he has not been using a silencer. Sound from a single shot, as opposed to a string, just doesn't give you enough info. After being so careful all along NOW he drops a case? Its suspicious.
View Quote
Supressed or not the rifle will still have a report (as long as the bullets are super sonic). Even not silenced it's tough to discern the direction accurately with just one shot.
After being so careful all along NOW he drops a case? Its suspicious
View Quote
Does this mean it's a semi-auto?
Top Top