Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/23/2005 4:06:07 PM EDT

A military policeman secures the site of a suicide bombing in Baghdad, Iraq, on Friday. The bomber set off hidden explosives in a bustling open-air bus terminal killing at least five people and wounding eight, police said. Khalid Mohammed / AP Photo

A U.S. soldier and Iraqi policemen inspect the site of a car bomb explosion in central Baghdad on Friday. Five Iraqi civilians were killed and seven others wounded in the explosion on a public bus in the Iraqi capital, police said. Ali Al-Saadi / Agence France-Presse / Getty Images

A British soldier looks through his rifle scope while on patrol in the southern Iraq city of Basra September 23, 2005. Basra city leaders vowed on Thursday not to cooperate with British forces until they received an apology and compensation for a late-night raid by British troops that freed two detained soldiers. British troops have lowered their profile in and around Basra in an effort to tamp down tensions caused by Monday's raid. REUTERS/Atef Hassan

An Iraqi soldier views destroyed vehicles following a suicide bombing in Baghdad September 23, 2005. (Ceerwan Aziz/Reuters)

In this photo released by the Australian Defense Department, an Australian Surveillance Reconnaissance Vehicle (SRV) patrols outside the perimeter of a forward operating base in Afghanistan Sept. 17, 2005. An elite Australian commando was injured and an Afghani soldier killed when their patrol clashed with insurgents in Afghanistan, Friday, Sept. 23, 2005. The clash came less than a month after a group of 190 Australian special forces commandos began arriving in Afghanistan to bolster international efforts to restore law and order amid an upsurge in violence blamed on the al-Qaida terror network and supporters of the ousted Taliban regime. (AP Photo/Australian Defense Department, CPL Bernard Pearson, HO)

Taliban militiamen in Afghanistan. Afghanistan's Taliban rebels are not a spent force despite their failure to disrupt the weekend's parliamentary vote and will continue attacks into next year, a top US general said.(AFP/File/Banaras Khan)

Iranian anti-riot police officers march during a parade ceremony of armed forces, marking the 25th anniversary of the outset of the Iran-Iraq war (1980-1988), in front of the mausoleum of the late revolutionary founder Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini, just outside Tehran, Iran, Thursday Sept. 22, 2005. (AP Photo/Vahid Salemi)

Israeli troops arrest a demonstrator during a protest against the controversial Israeli barrier in the West Bank village of Bilin, September 23, 2005. Foreign peace activists, Israelis and Palestinians demonstrate at least once a week in Bilin against the massive barrier that Israel insists is necessary to prevent infiltration by West Bank militants . REUTERS/Ammar Awad

Israeli troops arrest a demonstrator during a protest against the controversial Israeli barrier, in the West Bank village of Bilin, September 23, 2005. (Ammar Awad/Reuters)

Nepalese policemen. Nepal police re-arrested a pro-Maoist student leader as he left the Supreme Court immediately after judges had freed him from more than two years of detention.(AFP/File/Devendra M. Singh)

Plain clothes police officers patrol Thursday, Sept. 22, 2005, in Tanyonglimo, Thailand. Two marines were beaten and stabbed to death Wednesday in Tanyonglimo village in Narathiwat province after they were held hostage by villagers who accused soldiers of opening fire on a local tea shop the night before, killing two civilians and wounding three others. The military denied that the men, armed but dressed in plainclothes, were the shooters, saying they had gone to the area to investigate the incident, which officials blamed on Islamic insurgents. (AP Photo/David Longstreath)

Thai patrol : A Thai soldier operates a radio while riding on the back on a motorcycle ridden by a feloow soldier during a patrol in Thailand's restive southern Yala province. (AFP/Saeed Khan)

Thai soldiers stand next to the coffins of the two slain soldiers during a funeral ceremony in Thailand's violence-torn Narathiwat province. Two suspects have been arrested over the deadly hostage-taking as authorities struggled to rein in violence that has left at least seven more dead.(AFP/File/Madaree Tohlala)

A Thai soldier patrols the streets in Tanyonglimo, Thailand, Thursday, Sept. 22, 2005. Violence continues to plague the Muslim dominated south as five people, including two policemen, were killed in a bombing and separate shooting attacks early Friday. The explosion came two days after two marines were held hostage also in Narathiwat and killed by villagers who had blamed them for an earlier shooting incident. (AP Photo/David Longstreath)

Thai policemen stand guard in front of the house where two Thai Marines were killed, in the Narathiwat province in southern Thailand, September 22, 2005. Muslim youths killed two bound and blindfolded Thai marines held captive by villagers in the insurgency-racked south on Wednesday on suspicion of being government hitmen, provincial officials said. The young men rushed into a house where the two men were being held and killed them after a woman created pandemonium by yelling that security forces were about to attack, they said. REUTERS/Sukree Sukplang

Thai policemen guard the house where two Thai Marines were killed, in the Narathiwat province of southern Thailand, September 22, 2005. Muslim youths killed two bound and blindfolded Thai marines held captive by villagers in the insurgency-racked south on Wednesday on suspicion of being government hitmen, provincial officials said. The young men rushed into a house where the two men were being held and killed them after a woman created pandemonium by yelling that security forces were about to attack, they said. REUTERS/Sukree Sukplang

Italian police special forces take part in a simulation of terror emergency scenario at Milan's Linate airport September 23, 2005. Italy's financial capital simulated bomb attacks on its train network and a hostage taking at one of its airports on Friday to prepare police, firemen and ambulances for an eventual emergency. City authorities said the bombings in Madrid, London and Sharm el-Sheikh had shown how important coordination and planning was for the different emergency services. REUTERS/Daniele La Monaca

Italian police special forces take part in a simulation of terror emergency scenario at Milan's Linate airport September 23, 2005. Italy's financial capital simulated bomb attacks on its train network and a hostage taking at one of its airports on Friday to prepare police, firemen and ambulances for an eventual emergency. City authorities said the bombings in Madrid, London and Sharm el-Sheikh had shown how important coordination and planning was for the different emergency services. REUTERS/Daniele La Monaca

Montgomery County Deputy Tony Madison patrols a working Shell station in Houston, Texas on Friday, Sept. 23, 2005. Armed law officers were allowing cars to enter the station one-by-one and allowing them to purchase up to 15 gallons of gas. Fuel is in short supply as many people still are scrambling to fill their tanks before the arrival of Hurricane Rita. (AP Photo/Pat Sullivan)

PHOTO LINK
NEW ORLEANS - SEPTEMBER 22: Deputy Mike Thommes from the Ramsey County Sheriff's Department in St. Paul, Minnesota, walks by downed power lines as he works security for members of the Pennsylvania Task Force-1 Urban Search & Rescue searching for victims of Hurricane Katrina on Wildair Drive in the University District September 22, 2005 in New Orleans, Louisiana. The body count from Hurricane Katrina has risen to over 1,000, although the search may be hampered by the threat from Hurricane Rita. (Photo by Ethan Miller/Getty Images)

PHOTO LINK
NEW ORLEANS - SEPTEMBER 22: (L-R) New Orleans Police Sgt. Kevin Guillot, Deputy Mike Thommes and Deputy Donald Rindal, both from the Ramsey County Sheriff's Department in St. Paul, Minnesota, prepare to enter a home to collect guns found by members of the Pennsylvania Task Force-1 Urban Search & Rescue searching for victims of Hurricane Katrina on Wildair Drive in the University District September 22, 2005 in New Orleans, Louisiana. The body count from Hurricane Katrina has risen to over 1,000, although the search may be hampered by the threat from Hurricane Rita. (Photo by Ethan Miller/Getty Images)

PHOTO LINK
VILLA ALPINA, MEXICO: Members of the Mexican Federal Police look at a corpse 22 February 2005 of one of the nine officers of the Public Security Ministry died yesterday in a helicopter accident in Villa Espina at Llano Grande, Mexico State. The man leading Mexico's fight against drugs and organized crime, public security minister Ramon Martin Huerta, was among nine people killed in this helicopter crash. Federal police chief Tomas Valencia and a researcher with the National Commission on Human Rights were also on board the helicopter, which crashed in mountains near the Mexican capital, killing all onboard. AFP PHOTO/Alfredo ESTRELLA (Photo credit should read ALFREDO ESTRELLA/AFP/Getty Images)
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 4:07:44 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't know that I'd volunteer to ride backward on a motorcycle.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 4:08:20 PM EDT
[#2]
I see a 1911
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 4:09:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Good pictures Lumpy, thanks
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 4:12:42 PM EDT
[#4]

Someone tell me Im NOT seeing an Israeli with a mid-length.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 5:37:03 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Ok, you're not seeing an Israeli with a mid-length.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 5:46:56 PM EDT
[#6]

Great way to shoot your buddy in the back.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 5:48:24 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ok, you're not seeing an Israeli with a mid-length.h.gif

But you are seeing some guy getting pwn3d by teh J3\/\/$!!11!1
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 5:51:36 PM EDT
[#8]
What wrong with a mid length?
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 5:58:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Italians using the MP5 instead of their vaunted
PM-12? What is the world coming to?

Great pics, as always.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 5:58:59 PM EDT
[#10]

Cool, "tactical" rubber boots
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 6:04:07 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
us.news3.yimg.com/us.i2.yimg.com/p/rids/20050923/i/r3562448680.jpg?x=380&y=282&sig=WmznOtlfXKR9cns1HBh5Iw--

Who ever said those pallys and iranian were smart?
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 6:06:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 6:07:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Thanks, Lumpy!

HH
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 6:11:31 PM EDT
[#14]

That shotgun looks really big on him
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 6:29:09 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
What wrong with a mid length?

Who said anything was wrong with them?

They arent normally seen in military circles, and Ive never  heard of nor seen the IDF using them.

Link Posted: 9/23/2005 8:05:21 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
us.news3.yimg.com/us.i2.yimg.com/p/rids/20050923/i/r3562448680.jpg?x=380&y=282&sig=WmznOtlfXKR9cns1HBh5Iw--

Looks like they're holding up one of those taco vans here in Houston...they must REALLY be hungry.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 10:01:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Late night BTT
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 10:05:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Great pics Lumpy....THanks
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 10:08:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Thanks as usual!
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 10:10:02 PM EDT
[#20]

Some kid fiddling with an Airsoft in there?

Link Posted: 9/23/2005 10:14:39 PM EDT
[#21]
So...the ROP is acting out in Thailand now...

Why am I not surprised?
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 10:15:00 PM EDT
[#22]
I always look forward to these and you never fail to deliver great stuff!
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 10:23:04 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
us.news3.yimg.com/us.i2.yimg.com/p/rids/20050922/i/r3649345874.jpg?x=380&y=268&sig=zMScyw64sRQGul4XIkBvSA--

That shotgun looks really big on him

Yep weird trick of scale...

10 ga. Benelli or 20 ga person?
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 12:53:12 AM EDT
[#24]
Thanks again Lumpy!
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 1:14:52 AM EDT
[#25]
great pics
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 7:08:55 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
I don't know that I'd volunteer to ride backward on a motorcycle.

I have.
Motionsick within 1 minute, at 3.
I normally don't get sick, too.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 7:33:43 AM EDT
[#27]
Great thread, thanks lumpy!
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 7:34:07 AM EDT
[#28]
What makes me mad about the Katrina situation is that the cops are just making the situation worse.  The deputy at the Shell station is just slowing down people trying to get out.  The "New Orleans Police Sgt. Kevin Guillot, Deputy Mike Thommes and Deputy Donald Rindal, both from the Ramsey County Sheriff's Department in St. Paul, Minnesota" are wasting time stealing people's property.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 7:49:34 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 7:55:09 AM EDT
[#30]

"In other news, today in Thailand, military leaders unveiled the new Urban Response Vehicle - the Army's latest attempt to stay relevant after the latest rounds of budget cuts have resulted in decreased defense spending....."

Cool pictures, Lumpy!

Link Posted: 9/24/2005 8:06:07 AM EDT
[#31]
Nice pix Lumpy...THANKS!
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 9:45:25 AM EDT
[#32]
Thanks!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top