Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/28/2006 3:30:13 PM EDT

HI RES VERSION
U.S. army Lt. Craig Giancaterino and soldiers from the 1st Brigade Combat Team, 1st Armored Division, search for insurgents in the Al Jazeera Desert of western Iraq in this military handout photo released March 27, 2006. REUTERS/USAF/Staff Sgt. Aaron Allmon II/Handout

Sgt. Brandon Huber, 26, of Fargo, N.D., assigned to B Company, 1st Battalion, 187th Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne Division (Air Assault), walks on patrol with an Iraqi soldier in the Sunni Triangle town of Baiji, Iraq, on Sunday. James J. Lee / Army Times

Spc. Robert Hartung, 26, of Modesto, Calif., assigned to the 1st Battalion, 187th Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne Division (Air Assault), scans a traffic control point (TCP) run by the Iraqi army in Baiji, Iraq, on Sunday. James J. Lee / Army Times

Staff Sgt. Joe Phanton, 24, of Santa Cruz, Calif., assigned to the 1st Battalion, 187th Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne Division (Air Assault), jumps a wall during a patrol in Baiji, Iraq, with the Iraqi army on Sunday. James J. Lee / Army Times

Sgt. Michael Burns, 25, of Tioga, La., assigned to the 1st Battalion, 187th Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne Division (Air Assault), checks papers in the glove compartment of an Iraqi’s vehicle while Spc. Daniel Wright, 27, of Buffalo, N.Y., guards the vehicle’s passengers at a traffic check point (TCP) in Baiji, Iraq, on Sunday. James J. Lee / Army Times

US soldiers stand guard in the southern town of Qlat, the capital of Zabul province. Two foreign nationals and nine Afghans were killed in Taliban-linked bomb blasts in Afghanistan while a suicide attacker blew up himself and an accomplice, officials said.(AFP/Shah Marat)

In this photo released by U.S. Military shows, an American soldier from the U.S. Joint Special Operations Task Force (JSOTF) assists a Filipino victim of a bomb explosion at downtown Jolo in southern Philippines Monday March 27, 2006 that killed nine people and wounded more than 20 others. An extortion attempt by suspected al-Qaida-linked Abu Sayyaf rebels was likely behind a powerful explosion that ripped a cooperative store in this volatile island following the discovery of an extortion letter at a nearby drug store shortly before the explosion. No U.S. personnel was injured.(AP Photo/US Military, HO)

Iraqi soldiers secure the site where a bomb exploded inside a minibus killing one civilian and wounding another, in Baghdad. A suicide bomber killed 40 people waiting outside an Iraqi army recruitment center as US forces defended themselves against charges of attacking a Shiite mosque in Baghdad.(AFP/Sabah Arar)

Iraqi police and military guard the site of a suicide bombing at a police station in Iskandariyah, 50 kilometers (30 miles) south of Baghdad Tuesday March 28, 2006. Two suicide bombers in a car struck the police station Tuesday, blowing themselves up in an attack that wounded 11 policemen and a female bystander, the police fired on the two, hitting one of the assailants before the car blew up police said. (AP Photo/Ali al-Maamori)

Iraqi special forces search a vehicle that contained weapons and IED making materials during an operation in northeast Baghdad. Iraqi anger over a deadly raid in northeast Baghdad involving US forces has disrupted the delicate process of setting up the country's long awaited national unity government.(AFP/SPC Earnest Christian)

A Japanese Defence Force soldier stands guard during the opening of a health clinic in Iraqi town of Al Warka, 20 kms (12 miles) north of Samawa March 25, 2006. Around 600 noncombat Japanese troops have been engaged in reconstruction activities in and around Samawa since January 2004. REUTERS/Mohammed Ameen

An Israeli soldier holds her ballot paper, before casting her vote in Israel's general elections at a polling station in Jerusalem, Tuesday, March 28, 2006.(AP Photo/Kevin Frayer)

An Israeli soldier holds his ballot before casting it in the box, at a mobile army polling station at a military outpost in Kerem Shalom, on the border with Israel and the Gaza Strip, Monday, March 27, 2006. Israeli soldiers scheduled to be on duty on Tuesday, when Israel goes to the polls in a general election, began voting Sunday.(AP Photo/Kevin Frayer)

Israeli soldiers and Palestinian medics treat Nesreen Hash'hash, an 8-year-old Palestinian girl who was injured in the face by a rubber bullet in the Fawar refugee camp, near the West Bank city of Hebron, Tuesday, March 28, 2006. Nesreen was hit in the face by the rubber bullet fired by Israeli troops during a military operation in the camp, Palestinian officials said. The girl was on the roof of her home when she was hit. (AP Photo/Nasser Shiyoukhi) (AP Photo/Nasser Shiyoukhi)

Israeli Policemen, left, patrol on motorbikes as Ultra-Orthodox anti-Zionist jews participate in a demonstration against the Israeli elections, in the mainly ultra-Orthodox Mea Sharim neighborhood in Jerusalem Tuesday March 28, 2006. Some of the Ultra-Orthodox Jews are anti-Zionists and resisit the existence of the state of Israel. Israelis voted Tuesday in a historic election billed as a referendum on the future of the West Bank, with the leading candidate, acting Prime Minister Ehud Olmert, promising to pull back from most of the territory and draw Israel's final borders by 2010. (AP Photo/Emilio Morenatti)

An Israeli policeman stands in guard as the leader of the right-wing Likud party Benjamin Netanyahu, right, visits the Western Wall and surrounding area in Jerusalem's Old City Monday, March 27, 2006. Israelis will vote in general elections Tuesday.(AP Photo/Oded Balilty)

A masked Palestinian militant from the Al-Aqsa Martyrs Brigades holds his weapon during a protest demanding job opportunities in the West Bank city of Nablus March 27, 2006. REUTERS/Abed Omar Qusini

A British soldier stands guard on British Warship HMS ST ALBANS at Beirut's port in Lebanon March 27, 2006. The warship arrived on Monday for a two-day goodwill visit to Beirut. REUTERS/Mohamed Azakir

Chief of Staff of the Saudi Armed Forces General Saleh Bin Ali al-Mohaya (R) visits the Special Operation Forces Exhibition (SOFX) at King Abdullah Airbase Marka in Amman March 28, 2006. The SOFX 2006 is considered one of the major exhibits for the latest defence industry innovations that focus on countering international terrorism. REUTERS/Majed Jaber

An armed man walks at a food distribution centre by the U.N. World Food Programme in Rabdure district, 400 km (249 miles) west of Somalia's capital Mogadishu March 28, 2006. The WFP is seeking to distribute food aid to over 1.5 million people in the drought-ravaged East African nation. REUTERS/Thomas Mukoya

Charles Taylor holds his AK-47 assault rifle in Buchanan, Liberia in 1990. Taylor has disappeared from his Nigerian villa, his hosts said, sparking fears the notorious warlord may once more threaten West African peace.(AFP/File/Pascal Guyot)

Riot police officers walk at a prison where a revolt broke out in Tbilisi, Georgia, on Monday, March 27, 2006. Police stormed a prison in the Georgian capital Monday after inmates rioted in an alleged escape attempt, sparking a gun battle that left two guards and seven inmates dead, the Justice Ministry said. (AP Photo/Shakh Aivazov)

In this TV grab from March 22, 2006 and released March 27, 2006, a Baretta pistol and bullets are shown on a bed in the hotel room of Belgian journalist Katleen Peeraer on the eve of the European Union leaders summit in Brussels. Peeraer, working for Flemish-speaking VTM network, entered the hotel where European leaders were staying, armed with a gun and plastic explosives and slipped into the summit venue, coming into close contact with French President Jacques Chirac and German Chancellor Angela Merkel, Belgian newspapers reported March 27, 2006. REUTERS/VTM/Handout

Thai soldiers cast their votes at a polling station in the largely Muslim province of Yala March 26, 2006. Thousands of anti-government protesters marched to Bangkok's busy shopping district on Sunday in a second day of demonstrations aimed at ousting Thai Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra. Waving placards and shouting 'Thaksin get out', people marched to the glitzy Siam Paragon Mall, snarling traffic on one of the city's busiest streets, on the second day of a three-day 'final push' against the Thai leader. REUTERS/Surapan Boonthanom

A South Korean soldier guards a makeshift observation post during a military drill in Taean, about 170km (106 miles) southwest of Seoul, March 27, 2006. U.S. and South Korean troops are holding major joint field exercises from March 25 -31. REUTERS/Kim Kyung-Hoon

Spanish U.N. peacekeepers attend a ceremony in Fort Liberte, Haiti, March 26, 2006. Spanish peacekeeping troops held a ceremony to mark their withdrawal from Haiti. REUTERS/Eduardo Munoz

A member of the Uruguayan U.N. peacekeeping troops reacts during a ceremony with their Spanish U.N. peacekeeping troops in Fort Liberte, Haiti, March 26, 2006. Spanish peacekeeping troops held a ceremony to mark their withdrawal from Haiti. REUTERS/Eduardo Munoz.

A table at Seattle Police headquarters displays Monday, March 27, 2006, the weapons and ammunition recovered by police from the truck and body of Aaron Kyle Huff after he killed six people and then comitted suicide at a party in Seattle early Saturday morning. All of the items, except for the shotgun at center right, which is a different gun, but is the same model and size as the shotgun siezed from Huff, were seized after the killings. Police said Huff also used a handgun, which was not displayed on Monday. The gun at left is a Bushmaster AR-15 semi-automatic rifle, and the shotgun at center right is a Winchester Defender pump-action shotgun. (AP Photo/Ted S. Warren)

Alexandria, Va. police officer D. Garber stands guard outside U.S. District Court in Alexandria, Va., Monday, March 27, 2006 where admitted terrorist conspirator Zacarias Moussaoui took the stand in his sentencing trial. Moussaoui testified today that he had prior knowledge of the plan to attack America on September 11, 2001, had lied to F.B.I. agents regarding this knowledge, and had planned to work with convicted shoe bomber Richard Reid in a plot to fly a plane into the White House. (AP Photo/Caleb Jones)

Link Posted: 3/28/2006 3:36:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks Lumpy.

This one made me laugh!

Link Posted: 3/28/2006 3:38:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the pics, excellent as usual!
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 3:39:12 PM EDT
[#3]

Spanish U.N. peacekeepers attend a ceremony in Fort Liberte, Haiti, March 26, 2006. Spanish peacekeeping troops held a ceremony to mark their withdrawal from Haiti. REUTERS/Eduardo Munoz

Those Spainiards haven't found a mission they can't withdrawal from yet.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 3:39:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Why the fuck do the LEOs feel the need to display the weapons used in a crime ?!?!
I also notice that they only do that when it's certain scary weapons.
Oh wait..............I know why they do it.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 3:40:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks...good set.

Bomber
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 3:42:24 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Those Spainiards haven't found a mission they can't withdrawal from yet.

Spain.....almost France.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 3:43:34 PM EDT
[#7]
M203 on an AKMS variant - nice
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 3:47:19 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Thanks Lumpy.

This one made me laugh!

us.news3.yimg.com/us.i2.yimg.com/p/rids/20060328/i/r1161875599.jpg?

Yup.

Link Posted: 3/28/2006 3:48:00 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Why the fuck do the LEOs feel the need to display the weapons used in a crime ?!?!

That was a "post-ban" bushy too... Notice the mini-y comp?
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 3:58:11 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That was a "post-ban" bushy too... Notice the mini-y comp?

What pisses me off is the fact that the Bushmaster WASN'T even USED in the crime, it may have been in the vehicle IIRC but played NO part in his action.

Unless of course that "Evil" rifle made him pick up a shotty and gun down seven people

Thanks for the pics Lumpy196
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 3:58:31 PM EDT
[#11]
That's a postban Bushmaster.  Don't you know, it's not dangerous like those evil AW's.  Our extremely intelligent law makers banned all the dangerous guns.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 4:13:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Nice pics, Lumpy!

I agree with Spectre about the police publishing photos of the murder weapons. They were killed with guns; the type of guns used shouldn't matter.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 4:19:50 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Thanks Lumpy.

This one made me laugh!

us.news3.yimg.com/us.i2.yimg.com/p/rids/20060328/i/r1161875599.jpg?

Anyone know what type of gun that is?
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 4:25:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Great pics. Thanks again, my friend.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 4:28:17 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

us.news3.yimg.com/us.i2.yimg.com/p/rids/20060327/i/r3524251160.jpg?x=380&y=223&sig=ZdSfR5eXNnrEMjjaSfaHMw--
In this TV grab from March 22, 2006 and released March 27, 2006, a Baretta pistol and bullets are shown on a bed in the hotel room of Belgian journalist Katleen Peeraer on the eve of the European Union leaders summit in Brussels. Peeraer, working for Flemish-speaking VTM network, entered the hotel where European leaders were staying, armed with a gun and plastic explosives and slipped into the summit venue, coming into close contact with French President Jacques Chirac and German Chancellor Angela Merkel, Belgian newspapers reported March 27, 2006. REUTERS/VTM/Handout

I count 10 bullets.  Did she have a Clinton magazine?
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 6:21:10 PM EDT
[#16]
BTT
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 6:38:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Good stuff, Lumpy.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 7:08:02 PM EDT
[#18]
Thank you for the pictures Lumpy.  The first time I came over to GD I saw a set of your pictures and I have been looking forward to them ever since.  Thank you again.

edit for poor spelling
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 7:17:23 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Tuck your string in
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 9:04:33 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Thank you for the pictures Lumpy.  The first time I came over to GD I saw a set of your pictures and I have been looking forward to them ever since.  Thank you again.

edit for poor spelling

PLUS ONE. Thanks Lumpy. I never get tired of looking at pictures of our troops overseas.

and a hells yeah for the redi-mag in the first pic! Looks like that guy's M4 weighs more than the M16A2 behind him.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 9:07:53 PM EDT
[#21]
Nice pics!

Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 10:55:18 PM EDT
[#22]
Thank you yet again Lumpy!

Awesome pics!
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 9:55:01 AM EDT
[#23]
Cause I missed them yesterday.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 9:59:42 AM EDT
[#24]

I love FALs.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 10:02:17 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
us.news3.yimg.com/us.i2.yimg.com/p/afp/20060328/capt.sge.dvm93.280306193743.photo02.photo.default-253x380.jpg?x=229&y=345&sig=oDBVAgKldUTt1qAVFfCUlw--

I would think that having the stock like that could interfear with mag changes
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 10:41:59 AM EDT
[#26]
Great pics as usual. Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 10:49:08 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
us.news3.yimg.com/us.i2.yimg.com/p/afp/20060328/capt.sge.dvm93.280306193743.photo02.photo.default-253x380.jpg?x=229&y=345&sig=oDBVAgKldUTt1qAVFfCUlw--

That's the face of the man who killed most of the family of one of my friends.  I imagine he's in a hot place if his disappearance means his actions finally caught up with him.
Link Posted: 3/30/2006 10:50:56 AM EDT
[#28]

That stock kind of looks like the one on the Sig 556 a bit.  Is that a battery comparment near the lower edge or is it just the sling?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top