Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/25/2006 12:11:37 AM EDT

HI RES VERSION
Pfc. Adam Drobecker, from the 172nd Stryker Brigade Combat Team, provides security at the site of a suicide bombing that targeted Iraqi police in Mosul. This photo appeared on www.army.mil. by Tech. Sgt. John M. Foster February 23, 2006

HI RES VERSION
Pfc. Manuel Marti, from Company B, 2nd Battalion, 8th Infantry Regiment, 2nd Brigade Combat Team, 4th Infantry Division, searches for terrorists in Hateen, Iraq. This photo appeared on www.army.mil. by Petty Officer 2nd Class Katrina Beeler February 23, 2006

A U.S. soldier walks near Iraqis holding a protest march against Samarra's Golden Mosque bombing in Mosul, 390 km (240 miles) northwest of Baghdad February 24, 2006. An emergency curfew for Friday's Muslim day of prayer helped quell sectarian violence that has killed some 200 people around Baghdad, keeping much of the Iraqi capital deserted as leaders work to avert civil war. REUTERS/Stringer

A Japanese soldier in Samawa. Japanese Prime Minister Junichiro Koizumi will announce as soon as next month a decision to pull troops out of Iraq between April and June, a report says(AFP/File/Ahmad Abdel Razak)

Armed Iraqi army soldiers guard a Shiite mosque, in Baghdad, Friday, Feb. 24, 2006. Police and soldiers blocked major roads and surrounded Baghdad's two main Sunni mosques as streets throughout this city of nearly 7 million emptied of people and traffic. The nation stood on the brink of civil war and the American strategy in Iraq faced it's gravest test since the 2003 invasion. (AP Photo/Mohammad Hato)

Iraqi army soldiers prepare to enter a house during a 'cordon and knock' operation near the northern Iraqi city of Baiji February 23, 2006. With U.S. army troops from the 101st Airborne Division acting as advisors, Iraqi soldiers searched homes and questioned residents on Thursday near the scene of several recent roadside bombings on the outskirts of Baiji. REUTERS/Bob Strong

Iraqi counter-terrorism forces members at the Jordanian counter-terrorism training center in Amman, Jordan, Thursday, Feb. 23, 2006. The last batch of 77 Iraqi counter terrorism forces end their training in Jordan to return to Iraq. Since 2003, American, Jordanian and Iraqi trainers have worked together to train some 533 Iraqi soldiers at the Jordanian counter-terrorism center of the Jordanian special operations command. (AP Photo/Nader Daoud)

An Iraqi police officer takes part in a graduation ceremony after their course in Amman, Jordan February 23, 2006. A two-year U.S. funded programme to train Iraqi elite counter-terrorism forces in Jordan ended on Thursday after the scheme moved to Iraq, officials said. They said 77 trainees graduated on Thursday, bringing a total of over 700 special counter-terrorism forces who have trained in the kingdom's top anti-terrorism training headquarters since late 2003. REUTERS/Ali Jarekji

Iraqi police officer takes part in a graduation ceremony after their course in Amman, Jordan February 23, 2006. A two-year U.S. funded programme to train Iraqi elite counter-terrorism forces in Jordan ended on Thursday after the scheme moved to Iraq, officials said. They said 77 trainees graduated on Thursday, bringing a total of over 700 special counter-terrorism forces who have trained in the kingdom's top anti-terrorism training headquarters since late 2003. REUTERS/Ali Jarekji

Iraqi counter-terrorism forces demonstrate their exercise during their graduation ceremony at the Jordanian counter-terrorism training center in Amman, Jordan, Thursday, Feb. 23, 2006. The last batch of 77 Iraqi counter terrorism forces end their training in Jordan to return to Iraq. Since 2003, American, Jordanian and Iraqi trainers worked together to train some 533 Iraqi soldiers in Jordanian counter-terrorism center of the Jordanian special operations command. (AP Photo/Nader Daoud)

An Iraqi police commando guards the bombed Shiite Holy al-Hadi shrine in the northern city of Samarra, north of Baghdad. The sectarian violence gripping Iraq is one of the toughest tests yet of the political process there, but US commanders do not see it spiralling into civil war, senior Pentagon officials said(AFP/Dia Hamid)

A Palestinian man looks at Israeli soldiers pointing their guns towards Palestinian protesters during clashes in the southern West Bank town of Sahir, on February 12. Israeli troops shot dead a Palestinian militant and an illegal work-seeker trying to slip into Israel from the southern Gaza Strip overnight(AFP/File/Marco Longari)

An Israeli soldier talks to a Palestinian woman as looks out of her door during an Israeli military incursion into the Balata refugee camp, which adjoins the West Bank city of Nablus. Israel's army chief ordered his high-ranking officers to show more restraint after two generals publicly speculated about lack of stability in neighboring Egypt and Jordan.(AFP/Jaafar Ashtiyeh)

Two Israeli soldiers aim their rifles during clashes with Palestinians at Balata refugee camp in the West Bank city of Nablus February 23, 2006. Israeli troops killed five Palestinians on Thursday during the biggest raid against West Bank militants for months, stoking tension as Hamas Islamists held talks to form a new Palestinian government. REUTERS/Abed Omar Qusini

Israeli peace activist Amnon Keren, 22, lies hand-cuffed on the ground, after he was detained by Israeli soldiers during a demonstration at the construction site of Israel's separation barrier in the Palestinian village of Beit Sira, Thursday Feb. 23, 2006. (AP Photo/Ariel Schalit)

A machine gun leans next to the Quran, the Muslim Holy book, on the body of a militant of the al-Aqsa Martyrs' Brigades, killed during a major Israeli operation in the Balata refugee camp, during the prayer prior to their burial at a mosque in the Balata refugee camp in the West Bank town of Nablus Friday Feb. 24, 2006. Since the Balata sweep began Sunday, eight Palestinians have been killed by army fire, including the five shot dead Thursday. More than 50 Palestinians have been injured by live rounds and rubber-coated steel pellets, Palestinian hospital officials said. The military said 15 fugitives have been arrested. (AP Photo/Muhammed Muheisen)

Gunmen from the al-Aqsa Martyrs' Brigades shoot in the air as they march during the funeral procession of four of its militants killed Thursday in clashes with Israeli troops during an Israeli army operation at the Balata refugee camp in the West Bank town of Nablus Friday, Feb. 24, 2006. Since the Balata sweep began Sunday, eight Palestinians have been killed by army fire, including the five shot dead Thursday. More than 50 Palestinians have been injured by live rounds and rubber-coated steel pellets, Palestinian hospital officials said. The military said 15 fugitives have been arrested. (AP Photo/Emilio Morenatti)

Militants wearing black masks, military fatigues and carrying Kalashnikov assault rifles and rocket-propelled grenade launchers patrol the creeks of the Niger Delta area of Nigeria, Friday, Feb. 24, 2006.Armed militants holding nine foreign oil workers hostage in Nigeria showed one of them to reporters for the first time Friday, a 68-year-old American who said he and his colleagues were being treated well. Three Americans, two Egyptians, two Thais, one Briton and one Filipino have been missing since they were kidnapped Feb. 18 by militants who stormed a barge belonging to a U.S. oil company in the Niger Delta's Forcados estuary. The kidnappers are demanding that people in the country's south receive a greater share of their region's oil wealth. (AP Photo/George Osodi)

SWAT members watch thousands of protesters as they are blocked from marching towards the 'People Power' monument at an anti-Government rally Friday Feb.24, 2006 in suburban Quezon city, northeast of Manila. The military tried to quash a possible coup attempt Friday, arresting an army general accused of involvement in the plan and urging soldiers not to get involved in politics by joining demonstrations calling for President Gloria Macapagal Arroyo to quit. (AP Photo/Bullit Marquez)

A Government trooper waits for further instruction as they arrive at the Armed Forces of the Philippines Headquarters at suburban Quezon city northeast of Manila following an alleged attempted coup Friday Feb. 24, 2006.The military tried to quash a possible coup attempt Friday, arresting an army general accused of involvement in the plan and urging soldiers not to get involved in politics by joining demonstrations calling for President Gloria Macapagal Arroyo to quit. Arroyo declared a state of emergency. (AP Photo/Bullit Marquez)

Philippine soldiers rest as they stand by at Camp Aguinaldo in Quezon city, north of Manila February 24, 2006. Philippine security forces said they foiled a coup attempt against President Gloria Macapagal Arroyo which was set to start during anti-government protests on Friday, and had detained the commander of an elite regiment. REUTERS/Cheryl Ravelo

An Italian army paratrooper guarding the Torino 2006 Winter Olympic Games keeps watch at the international airport in Turin, Italy February 24, 2006. REUTERS/Chris Helgren

A Panamanian anti-narcotic policeman guards burning drugs in Panama City, Panama February 24, 2006. About 3,451.833 kilograms (8.627 pounds) of cocaine, 9.11 kilograms (352 pounds) of heroine, and 401.775 (1,004 lbs) of marijuana were destroyed on Friday, anti-drug police said. REUTERS/Alberto lowe

A Phoenix police officer returns to his vehicle late Thursday, Feb. 23, 2006, in Phoenix after a gunman police identified as George L. Curran held as many as nine people hostage for several hours in a high-rise building before surrendering. (AP Photo/Matt York)

Phoenix police leave a building late Thursday, Feb. 23, 2006, in Phoenix after a gunman police identified as George L. Curran held as many as nine people hostage for several hours. The gunman surrendered and released his captives, police said. (AP Photo/Matt York)
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 1:37:09 AM EDT
[#1]
BTT for the Hi-Res additions from army.mil
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 1:45:10 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

I LOVE this camo pattern! Cement Camo....SO in fashion now...

I bought the mini!

Link Posted: 2/25/2006 1:47:23 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
us.news3.yimg.com/us.i2.yimg.com/p/rids/20060223/i/r3736690532.jpg?x=380&y=297&sig=pamLKs2O0yyHZOwx9mirrw--
An Iraqi police officer takes part in a graduation ceremony after their course in Amman, Jordan February 23, 2006. A two-year U.S. funded programme to train Iraqi elite counter-terrorism forces in Jordan ended on Thursday after the scheme moved to Iraq, officials said. They said 77 trainees graduated on Thursday, bringing a total of over 700 special counter-terrorism forces who have trained in the kingdom's top anti-terrorism training headquarters since late 2003. REUTERS/Ali Jarekji

They drafted Swamp Thing?
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 1:49:23 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

us.news3.yimg.com/us.i2.yimg.com/p/rids/20060224/i/r631225078.jpg?x=277&y=345&sig=XjwsrDjtVLCkPl9bjIYU4w--

I bought the mini!

mi.oakley.com/site/media/cache/432ef07e5234c.png_158_0_0.jpg

uMMMMMMMMMMM, You have sweet legs.......
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 1:51:56 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

us.news3.yimg.com/us.i2.yimg.com/p/rids/20060224/i/r631225078.jpg?x=277&y=345&sig=XjwsrDjtVLCkPl9bjIYU4w--

I bought the mini!

That is the Oakley pic.
My legs are way better.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 1:52:58 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I bought the mini!

You stole my response!!!!!

I was going to say:

ACU: Asphalt Camoflauge Utilities, that's about all it blends in with.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 2:00:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Blasphemy!!

.......don't let that damned book touch that Rifle!!
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 4:28:09 AM EDT
[#8]
Early morning BTT
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 5:20:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Thank's once again for the pics and news clips!
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:47:41 AM EDT
[#10]

"A Panamanian anti-narcotic policeman guards burning drugs in Panama City, Panama February 24, 2006. About 3,451.833 kilograms (8.627 pounds) of cocaine, 9.11 kilograms (352 pounds) of heroine, and 401.775 (1,004 lbs) of marijuana were destroyed on Friday, anti-drug police said. REUTERS/Alberto lowe"

This one's my favorite, check out Panama Paco here, no gas mask and he's gonna be high as hell!!

Anti-narcotic my ass, just means he can get high for free burning all that pot!  I would have begged to have his job in my high school days!
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:51:28 AM EDT
[#11]

Iraqi anti terrorist troops use M4s. Be sure not to post this on the AK forum.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:53:10 AM EDT
[#12]
great pics as always.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:54:30 AM EDT
[#13]
As usual, Lumpy is da man.

I like the tied up hippie.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:57:46 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
us.news3.yimg.com/us.i2.yimg.com/p/rids/20060223/i/r3736690532.jpg?

Those guys are looking more professional every day.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 6:59:08 AM EDT
[#15]
Thanks for the great pics again Lumpy
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 7:02:16 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I bought the mini!

That is the Oakley pic.
My legs are way better.

Proove it
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 8:55:01 AM EDT
[#17]

Thanks for the fix.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 8:58:51 AM EDT
[#18]
Thanks again.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 9:02:57 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

WTF are they doing with M4s? Let them stick with their AKs. What next, we giving them Abrams tanks?
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 9:05:23 AM EDT
[#20]
Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 9:05:43 AM EDT
[#21]
Great Pics!  Thanks Lumpy!
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 9:07:53 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

WTF are they doing with M4s? Let them stick with their AKs. What next, we giving them Abrams tanks?

M4s are better so they naturally use it.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 9:24:55 AM EDT
[#23]
bump
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 9:28:05 AM EDT
[#24]
Great photos
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 9:32:51 AM EDT
[#25]
good stuff, thanks!
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 9:43:30 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

M4s are better so they naturally use it.

Well, they are free so I am sure they will take them.. Plus I am sure they are a status symbol in the Iraqi Military.

Lots of Arab nations use the Abrams.. Saudis, Egyptians, etc.....
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 9:43:46 AM EDT
[#27]
I wonder when our front-liners are going to get the "bi-pods on carbines is ghey" memo?

The more we see of these Iraqi Forces graduation ceremonies the better. Popular support is waning fast.

Like never before, there is a decided un-easiness about the campaign

Love that Olympic photo. Galil?
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 9:47:25 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
I wonder when our front-liners are going to get the "bi-pods on carbines is ghey" memo?

The more we see of these Iraqi Forces graduation ceremonies the better. Popular support is waning fast.

It looks to me like that Beretta-made AR-something

I forget its exact designation.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 9:53:57 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

That is the Oakley pic.

My legs are way better.

We'll need photo confirmation on that.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 10:02:05 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Blasphemy!!

us.news3.yimg.com/us.i2.yimg.com/p/ap/20060224/capt.e8a040b9d6d148bbaa1d239ba7fd8c8a.aptopix_mideast_israel_palestinians__jrl118.jpg?x=380&y=259&sig=jSJj3Q2nmWhxxAXN5c_jqg--

.......don't let that damned book touch that Rifle!!

I think that picture really should say "soldier taking a crap rests his rifle next to his toilet paper."
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 10:40:27 AM EDT
[#31]
Great photo as usual, thank you sir!
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 1:04:08 PM EDT
[#32]
Designated Markesman?

Thanks Lumpy!
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 4:15:33 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It looks to me like that Beretta-made AR-something

I forget its exact designation.

Beretta SCP 70/90 Carbine
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 4:16:12 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Designated Markesman?
www4.army.mil/OCPA/uploads/medium/2006/CSA-2006-02-23-085047.jpg

Thanks Lumpy!

Probably, but its not one of the SDM rifles.  Its a standard A4 with a KAC RAS on it.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 7:19:04 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

us.news3.yimg.com/us.i2.yimg.com/p/ap/20060224/capt.xgo10602241916.nigeria_oil_unrest_xgo106.jpg?x=380&y=253&sig=674_FttPaq66mv12syLL7g--
Militants wearing black masks, military fatigues and carrying Kalashnikov assault rifles and rocket-propelled grenade launchers patrol the creeks of the Niger Delta area of Nigeria, Friday, Feb. 24, 2006.Armed militants holding nine foreign oil workers hostage in Nigeria showed one of them to reporters for the first time Friday, a 68-year-old American who said he and his colleagues were being treated well. Three Americans, two Egyptians, two Thais, one Briton and one Filipino have been missing since they were kidnapped Feb. 18 by militants who stormed a barge belonging to a U.S. oil company in the Niger Delta's Forcados estuary. The kidnappers are demanding that people in the country's south receive a greater share of their region's oil wealth. (AP Photo/George Osodi)

aint seen that kind of ak before, can't belive noone else pointed that out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top