Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/19/2006 6:01:25 PM EDT

U.S. soldiers patrol on a perimeter defense line inside a military camp in the war-torn island of Jolo, southern Philippines February 18, 2006. A janitor for U.S. troops was killed and 13 people wounded in an explosion at a Jolo army base, but no American soldiers were hurt, the Philippine military said on Saturday. REUTERS/Stringer

U.S. soldiers based in the Philippines arrive to join in a rescue operation for landslide survivors in Guinsaugon, near Saint Bernard town in Southern Leyte province, Central Philippines February 20, 2006. Hunting for bodies and burying the dead resumes in the central Philippines on Monday, with rescuers holding out little hope for mudslide survivors in a village of 1,800 entombed by a collapsed mountainside. REUTERS/Bobby Yip

U.S. Army and Iraqi troops approach a farmhouse during a 'knock and search' mission near the northern city of Tikrit February 17, 2006. U.S. Army troops with the 101st Airborne Division and Iraqi soldiers conducted the joint operation using helicopters and ground troops to search for weapons caches and disrupt insurgent activity near Tikrit. REUTERS/Bob Strong

A British soldier patrols at a natural gas-driven 250 megawatt electricity power station near Basra, Iraq's second-largest city, 550 kilometers (340 miles) southeast of Baghdad, Iraq, Sunday, Feb. 19, 2006. U.S. officials said Sunday that increasing Iraq's electricity generating capacity is crucial to American efforts to encourage Iraqis to turn their backs on the insurgency. (AP Photo/Khalid Mohammed)

A British soldier secures an area as his colleagues search a car during a security operation in the Iraqi southern city of Basra. One of the wealthiest men in Iraq and his son were kidnapped from their home, with their five bodyguards murdered and laid out in the front garden with a bullet in the head, police said.(AFP/Essam al-Sudani)

British soldiers take position after descending from their helicopter during a security operation in the Iraqi southern city of Basra. One of the wealthiest men in Iraq and his son were kidnapped from their home, with their five bodyguards murdered and laid out in the front garden with a bullet in the head, police said.(AFP/Essam al-Sudani)

Macedonian soldiers bound for Iraq take part in a parade in Skopje, in May 2004. The two men who were abducted on Thursday near the southern Iraqi city of Basra are Macedonians employed by a contractor working for coalition forces, British military said(AFP/File/Robert Atanasovski)

Iraqi policeman sorts out weapons at a police station in Basra, south of Baghdad, in January 2006. The White House said that Iraq's new police must meet the "highest human rights standards," amid a probe into charges that "death squads" have targeted the country's Sunni minority.(AFP/File/Essam Al-Sudani

An Israeli soldier, not seen, holds a knife, as he guards Palestinian youth Mahmoud Al-Qadi, 15, left, at the Israeli military checkpoint of Salem near the West Bank town of Jenin Sunday Feb. 19, 2006. Al-Qadi was arrested after two knives was found in his belongings as he tried to cross the checkpoint, the Israeli army said. (AP Photo/Mohammed Ballas)

Israeli soldiers look inside a house demolished by an Israeli bulldozer during an operation searching for militants at the Balata refugee camp near to the northern West Bank city of Nablus Sunday, Feb.19 2006. Israeli troops, backed by helicopters and bulldozers, captured a leader of a Fatah-affiliated militant group on Sunday in a military operation in the Balata refugee camp near Nablus. Israeli bulldozers later pulled down the two-storey house in which Al Kayzi had been holed up. Bystanders threw stones in protest, and gunmen fired in the air. (AP Photo/Nasser Ishtayeh)

An Israeli soldier takes up position during clashes with Palestinians during a protest against the Israeli controversial barrier in the West bank village of Bilin February 17, 2006. REUTERS/Mahfouz Abu Turk

An Israeli soldier scuffles with a Palestinian demonstrator as he is detained during clashes in the village of Azzun, near the West bank town of Qalqilya Friday Feb. 17, 2006. The clashes erupted Friday after villagers accused Jewish settlers of scrawling graffiti defaming the Prophet Muhammad on a mosque. Villagers found the graffiti early Friday when they arrived at the mosque for morning prayers. The green graffiti, which was removed by the army, called the prophet a pig, the army said.AP Photo/Nasser Ishtayeh)

Handcuffed and blindfolded Palestinians are guarded by Israeli soldiers after they were arrested during clashes in the village of Azzun, near the West bank town of Qalqilya Friday Feb. 17, 2006. The clashes erupted Friday after villagers accused Jewish settlers of scrawling graffiti defaming the Prophet Muhammad on a mosque. Villagers found the graffiti early Friday when they arrived at the mosque for morning prayers. The green graffiti, which was removed by the army, called the prophet a pig, the army said.AP Photo/Nasser Ishtayeh)

An Israeli soldier stands behind a Palestinian woman reacting after her teenage son was detained by troops during clashes in the village of Azzun, near the West Bank town of Qalqilya Friday Feb. 17, 2006. The clashes erupted Friday after villagers accused Jewish settlers of scrawling graffiti defaming the Prophet Muhammad on a mosque. Villagers found the graffiti early Friday when they arrived at the mosque for morning prayers. The green graffiti, which was removed by the army, called the prophet a pig, the army said.(AP Photo/Nasser Ishtayeh)

An Israeli soldier holds his weapon as Palestinian demonstrators march during a rally to condemn the publication of cartoons of Prophet Muhammad in Western media, in the West Bank city of Hebron Friday Feb. 17, 2006. (AP Photo/Emilio Morenatti)

An Israeli soldier shoots a tear grenade at Palestinians during a demonstration against the Israeli separation barrier in the West Bank village of Bilin. Israel decided to submit a range of reprisals against a Hamas-led Palestinian Authority for government approval, the day after the radical faction takes up seats in parliament for the first time.(AFP/Abbas Momani)

Palestinian security members stand outside the Palestinian Authority headquarters during a swearing-in session of the incoming Palestinian Parliament in the West Bank town of Ramallah, Saturday Feb. 18, 2006. The Islamic group Hamas won a majority in the parliament. In the background a portrait of Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas.(AP Photo/Enric Marti)

A Pakistani police officer opens fire on an angry mob gathered to protest the publiction of cartoons of Islamic Prophet Muhammad, Sunday, Feb 19, 2006 in Islamabad, Pakistan. Pakistani police raided offices and homes of dozens of radical Islamic leaders, putting several under house arrest and detaining hundreds of their associates in a bid to foil a rally in the capital to protest cartoons of the Prophet Muhammad, officials said. (AP Photo/B.K.Bangash)

Pakistani paramilitary troops stand guard in front of a government bank building to ensure the security in Multan, Pakistan, Saturday, Feb. 18, 2006. Police fired on a crowd trying to burn shops in eastern Pakistan in a protest against the Prophet Muhammad cartoons, injuring at least four people, police said. (AP Photo/Khalid Tanveer)

Nepali army soldiers march during a parade celebrating 'Democracy Day', an annual official event, in Kathmandu February 19, 2006. Nepal's Maoist rebels called on Saturday for an indefinite nationwide general strike from April 3 in an intensified campaign against King Gyanendra who sacked the government and seized absolute power last year. REUTERS/Desmond Boylan

Nepali soldiers patrol a street in the town of Nepalgunj in the western Nepal February 15, 2006. Aid agencies estimate at least 200,000 of Nepal's 26 million people are refugees. At least as many more have left their homes uncounted, many now living with relatives in crowded and impoverished cities or in slums. Millions have also been forced to head south to India in search of work, where they toil as labourers or household servants. Picture taken February 15, 2006. REUTERS/Desmond Boylan

A Somali militiaman guards the port of Mogadishu. The powerless Somali transitional government has asked the US Navy, which last month arrested pirates in the country's coastline, to extend its patrols in the Indian Ocean and curb illegal fishing along its vast coastline.(AFP/File/Simon Maina)

A policeman runs during a shootout in the streets of Acapulco, in the Mexican state of Guerrero, January 27, 2006. Wracked by violent drug crime and too poor to arm its police properly, the Mexican state of Guerrero is seeking a $24 million bank loan to buy more guns and security equipment. REUTERS/Estela Molina

Link Posted: 2/19/2006 6:03:10 PM EDT
[#1]
w00t !

Link Posted: 2/19/2006 6:04:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Interesting stuff.

Thanks Lumpy!
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 6:05:57 PM EDT
[#3]

Didn't know that the Brits were already fielding EH101s.

As usual, nice pics Lumpy.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 6:44:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Slow night.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 7:13:58 PM EDT
[#5]
I didn't know the Nepalese used M-16s?

Cool.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 7:16:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Cool pics.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 7:18:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks Lumpy!
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 7:19:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Excellent as usual Lumpy, thanks
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 7:19:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks, Gracias, danke, merci.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 7:19:49 PM EDT
[#10]
thanks Lumpy, i haven't seen one of these posts in a while.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 7:21:14 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
thanks Lumpy, i haven't seen one of these posts in a while.

Did one on the 16th too

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=437924
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 8:56:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Late night BTT.
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 9:21:50 PM EDT
[#13]
WOW!

Great set Lumpy!

Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 12:43:45 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Macedonian soldiers bound for Iraq take part in a parade in Skopje, in May 2004. The two men who were abducted on Thursday near the southern Iraqi city of Basra are Macedonians employed by a contractor working for coalition forces, British military said(AFP/File/Robert Atanasovski)

Great pics, thanks

Am I the only one who thinks that the soldiers look like they have been infected by a zombie virus?
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 1:30:10 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
American soldiers were hurt, the Philippine military said on Saturday. REUTERS/Stringer

I have family from the Phillipines. It looks so beautiful there.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 2:41:04 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:
American soldiers were hurt, the Philippine military said on Saturday. REUTERS/Stringer

us.news3.yimg.com/us.i2.yimg.com/p/rids/20060220/i/r1586163939.jpg?x=380&y=280&sig=pooi82FyE0Vz1X2cL.W.qQ--

I have family from the Phillipines. It looks so beautiful there.

Careful where you "cut" your quoute 4x. People reading the clipped portion may get the wrong idea!

ORIGINAL BYLINE:

U.S. soldiers patrol on a perimeter defense line inside a military camp in the war-torn island of Jolo, southern Philippines February 18, 2006. A janitor for U.S. troops was killed and 13 people wounded in an explosion at a Jolo army base, but no American soldiers were hurt, the Philippine military said on Saturday. REUTERS/Stringer

I didn't know you had family here 4X! Where?

Link Posted: 2/20/2006 2:46:08 AM EDT
[#17]
On another note ... the Filipino's, myself included, are very thankful for all the help you guys are giving in the rescue operations in Southern Leyte!

It is all over the news tonight that your troops have successfully rescued survivors from the rubble / mud! Unofficial reports say the number at 50. No details yet!

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP!
ETA: Thanks for the news briefs Lumpy!
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 3:16:19 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Careful where you "cut" your quoute 4x. People reading the clipped portion may get the wrong idea!

ORIGINAL BYLINE:

I didn't know you had family here 4X! Where?

Thanks for fixing this Eye-spy!

I didn't mean to offend! I just have quote issues with long posts!

My Grandparents and aunt lived in the Phillippines, They were interred during WW2, at Santo Tomas. I know they loved it there, my grandmother tells wonderful stories of the years before the war! I'll ask my Grandmother more specific questions about where they lived, next time I visit her.

It does look beautiful there.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 3:21:04 AM EDT
[#20]
a) what's teh mexican cop carrying?  wire stock with large shoulder pad, small caliber banana mag short micro galil lookin handguard....

b) I've never actually seen a pic of the SAW (I think they call it a LSW) L86 in combat before, heard its a competent sniper gun too....
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 3:36:33 AM EDT
[#21]

Mexico? Beautiful country with pitiful societal problems.  But that's a political tar-baby no one wants to touch.

- I used to have a desire to make a journey to Nepal. Now? I don't think so

The only good thing about the palestinian / Israeli conflict, is that it spawns some great gun pix!

Great stuff, Lumpy
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 4:43:17 AM EDT
[#22]
Third pic down...new pattern is lots better than even the old chocolate chip.

Thanks Lumpy - good stuff as usual.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 4:56:21 AM EDT
[#23]

Yup, that new Army camo (on left) is working much better than the old stuff (on the right)...
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 5:27:28 AM EDT
[#24]
good work as always............
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 5:37:55 AM EDT
[#25]
Great pics.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:11:18 AM EDT
[#26]
bump...cant let it fall off so soon
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:21:01 AM EDT
[#27]
awesome pics dude
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:29:06 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
us.news3.yimg.com/us.i2.yimg.com/p/rids/20060217/i/r1320500197.jpg?x=380&y=213&sig=jxD5vY8pv4yNcPdwxsFxKA--

Yup, that new Army camo (on left) is working much better than the old stuff (on the right)...

The ACU is a bad idea.  The Marines did it right with two different types.  I wear my DCU's more even though I have the ACU's too.  Hold out as long as I can.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:53:17 AM EDT
[#29]
no info on teh mexican gun my fellow Con-oh-sewers??

Looks like the folder for the new generation of CZ58, could be native mexican though. they do have a small arms industry, no?
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:58:34 AM EDT
[#30]
great pics lump,  thanks...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top